Notices

Cured by the States!

Old 09-25-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Cured by the States!

Hi everyone,

Just having a quiet moment to myself after all the fun Iīm having.

My anxiety is gone since I went to the States. Just gone and I feel as if I donīt have a care in the world. This trip is so amazing, just like from some fun movie.

Even though a cabdriver I was travelling with today kept talking about killers and crimes. Heīs from Tahiti so he spoke French. He said he was an undercover cop and went on and on about killers and having been shot in the spine and saved by God, etc. I was calm and conversational and everything turned out fine.

Maybe a change of scene can be good. Iīm having a time of my life! Hope youīre doing good as well.

The only shadow: Itīs too short a trip for now, but Iīm coming back later. The best city Iīve ever been in: New York.

Love and light,
Old 09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Well

thanks Lil for the upbeat post. I'm glad you're having fun.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you!
How different anxiety can be? Big cities are the worst nightmare for me, never had a panic attack in a forest or in the country side...
Old 09-26-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nakur View Post
Good for you!
How different anxiety can be? Big cities are the worst nightmare for me, never had a panic attack in a forest or in the country side...
same here.

Anyway, I like living outside the States.......

I like living in countries where the criminal has little to NO rights and the law biding citizens have every right to protect and be protected by law.

With crime in America the way it is, criminals have MORE rights than the victim.

So backwards and upside down.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

I donīt doubt the crime rates in the States and in New York, but Iīve been living a life of magic all days and nights. Sailing, exploring, meeting wonderful people... itīs been a privileged trip, I realize that.

Now Iīm going back soon enough, but my anxiety is gone. Itīs a state of mind we call: "to be in a non-country". Free of worries, just floating, but the best is to be sober and aware of everything in a real way.

Best to all of you,

Love and light,
Old 09-29-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wink

I love New York! Maybe it’s that it’s hard to be anxious with so much stimulation going on all around you.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

New York is one of the most fantastic and wonderful cities Iīve been to.

Itīs very similar to Paris because itīs a melting pot of all kinds of nationalities, which I love, and youīre always out in the streets. There is also something raw about it which you can find in different areas in Paris.

What I love also is that you get different kind of French speaking people, like people from Tahiti - that crazy cabdriver LOL - but also from the South.

And that jazz... fabulous!

Love and light,
Old 09-30-2007, 06:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm with Nakur. I got lost hiking in the Guadalupe Mountains on a 105 degree day and ran out of water. It was just dumb luck that I made it back to the trail and found my way back to civilization. I was at serious risk of dying for a while there, but while I was worried I never felt really anxious or panicky. But drop me off on a loud, crowded, busy street in someplace like NYC and I'll lose my mind.

BTW, congrats on surviving NYC without getting attacked by pimps and CHUDs.

Last edited by scarlati; 09-30-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think New York is a fantastic city.I'm with Lilya. There is a sort of energy there that can't be matched.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I love both, big cities and the wilderness of nature.

But if I would have to choose, I would take a big city anytime. It has to be big, though, like New York or Shanghai. It has to be buzzing with life, traffic and lots and lots of people. It gives me an energy I need.

Scarlati, it must have been fantastic in the Guadeloupe mountains. How cool is that? I also like travelling in exotic placed, Thailand, China, Turkey etc. But I remember taking a wrong bus in Marocco and being the desert for 16 hours on the way to Casablanca - the driver got lost too, and no water! LOL

Sun, New York is just truly amazing city. They say people either love it or hate it, but I fell for it the minute I saw the city. It also makes me think of all the immigrants. My grandfather was one of them and Iīve always admired him for that.

Maybe itīs the personality. Some say city people are extrovert, nature people are introvert. Thatīs probably too much of a generalization.

Scarlati, I was harassed by a cleaning lady who just screamed at us like a maniac because I couldīt move our bags. I got so angry that she screamed at my child, that I called the supervisor and reported her.

Love and light,

Love and light,
Old 10-05-2007, 12:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Talking Thanks, Scarlati

"BTW, congrats on surviving NYC without getting attacked by pimps and CHUDs."

That is very funny, LOL. I didnīt quite get it at the time and Iīm not sure if I ever really get it, but I get the overall meaning. The film was mentioned at work today, so I wondered, Hmm? Where have I heard this expression? Then I knew... LOL

Laughter is the best cure for anxiety.

Love and light,
Old 10-05-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Talking

Not to mention that it produces some fo the best people in the world.