Notices

Inferiority Complex

Old 08-29-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Inferiority Complex

Anyone else here have a problem with this? Sometimes I don't even want to go to work in the mornings because I feel somehow inferior to those around me. I don't know what is causing me to feel this way... but it's like, I must be the most unattractive, unhealthy, and unstable person who ever walked the planet. Or at least I find myself feeling that way. Sure, a lot of it is because of my eating disorder, and some of it is because of my depression, but gosh darnit I'm tired of this little black raincloud over my head. I've been on Lexapro for a week now, and I'm thinking it is helping in some ways and making it worse in others, as I'm now finding it even harder to not eat all the time.

Do I sound totally crazy at this point?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

You sound normal.

We all have issues that "we think" are problems that others don't have.
If you were to go back stage at a beauty pageant, you would see 50 ladies all in a panic because they look in the mirror and hope that this is good enough and that this other doesn't get noticed.
I don't care who it is and what they say out loud but we all have something that "we think" is not good enough about us.
Figuring that out... I realized that we are all the same and that makes me just as normal as anyone else.