Notices

feeling outta control

Old 08-15-2007, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling outta control

Im feeling outta control today. Not sure what it is. I feel like running and not stopping until I drop. Is it the caffiene and now caffiene withdrawals, just life with work and kids going back to school?

I ahve no idea. Taking a break going to make some lists and plan things, calendar ect. Anxiety usually triggers my depression and or psychosis and Ive been acting pretty irrational so far today, screaming outta control for no reason. I feel like a crazed caged animal.

I need to relax, I cant figure out how
Old 08-15-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Stop coffee.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Growing, Learning, Living

I just posted in the cir forum about pretty much the same thing. Emotions are way out of control today. Way out. Yelled at one of my children for no reason, threw a pot on the floor (hard enough to bend it way out of shape) and slammed some doors. Just want to cry, or hit something. Trying to pray & talk through it.

I stopped caffeine for 3 years. The problem then was that I was always so tired that I was still crabby & emotional. I started drinking it again & am trying to find a balance. Trying to cut out the sugar as well. It makes me more moody than the caffeine I think. But then am having to deal with the low serotonin levels again until my body learns to produce it on it's own again. It has not had to in a very long time due to all of the substance abuse, so it might take awhile. Then there is always the hormones, ah the lovely hormones.

Try writing a list of positive things. See how many you can come up with & reflect on those when a negative thought comes in.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ive had no caffiene now for over 24 hours. I am still feeling very very high strung and anxious. I cant focus or concentrate. Did some reading on caffiene addiction and how it relates to anxiety and depression. Its very interresting sorta makes sense now.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I stopped caffeine in July after a fight with my wife...four weeks of calm, then I 'picked up' again last week. Keeping to one 12oz. cup in the morning, nothing in the P.M. I find that candy also affects me.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

deep breathing
progressive muscle relaxation excersizes
mediation
self-hypnosis
prayer
gratitude journaling

just to name a few possible ways to relax and re-group. Deep breathing is the most immediate and easiest to do in my opinion....then the rest add to calming.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

could also be a manic episode that needs proper medication....and time.

Try to get as much sleep as you can because no matter what the "cause", sleep is healing for stress, anxiety and mania.

At least 8 hours if you can make yourself.
Sleep is good for you...mind, body and spirit.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
Try to get as much sleep as you can because no matter what the "cause", sleep is healing for stress, anxiety and mania.

At least 8 hours if you can make yourself.
Sleep is good for you...mind, body and spirit.
I agree, sleep is a great panacea
Old 08-16-2007, 08:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Shutterbug. Didnt read this last night as I went to bed at 8:30 and got 10 hours of sleep. Feeling great today. Had half cup of coffee and now drinking water and juice the rest of the day. I feel up, but not way up. Balanced again.

For me my episodes whether manic of depressive are generally short lived, so no matter what the cause I sem to be past it for now, but gonna stay off the extra caffiene just in case
Old 08-16-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

glad you're feeling better today!