Notices

Another day with bad feelings.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another day with bad feelings.

Today I did my first wedding ceremony. It was a stressful situation but fun. For the first time I worked, but it didn't feel like work, I enjoyed what I was doing. I married a nice couple in front of about 50 people.

Last night though (The day before the wedding) my wife and mother-in-law were at it again. I couldn't handle it, I couldn't do anything for myself without making things worse, so I went shopping and took my time doing. Unfortunately, the whole time I kept thinking about the situation and how I'd like to just put my fist through the wall to 'make a point' or something.

Instead, I came home and just went to sleep. Unfortunately, too early. I woke up at around 2am and couldn't get back to sleep until about 5am...and I had to be up at 7am to start getting ready.

The whole time up until the ceremony I was a bit on edge. The ceremony itself was what took my mind off of everything. On my way home I was hungry and tired. As soon as I ate lunch I fell asleep. When I woke up, which was about 40 minutes ago, I felt depressed...kind of. I took my meds like I always do, but it's as though the sleep itself knocked the meds out of my system or something. Slowly I'm feeling a bit better but still not close to 100 percent. I don't know what to do right now except write this post. My wife is at work and my mother-in-law has just finished dinner and is in her room watching TV. My wife will be home at 9.30pm...or in about 2 hours.

I sent an email asking her to 'come home happy.' I hope she does, because I really need her to understand the importance of her happiness to me and how it affects me. I've made sure that everything that her mother could possibly do wrong she WON'T...now I'm just hoping for the best.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I relate to what you are going through. My wife and daughter arguing with each other are a real trigger for my anxiety...they are both very strong-willed women. Putting your fist through a wall WILL NOT SOLVE ANYTHING. You will simply play the fool in front of them and feel ashamed of yourself afterwards. Just walk away when they are fighting...far away. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry, this situation just keeps building to some sort of crisis doesn't it. And you are internalizing it all.

I hope you can see the social worker again...maybe you can work together to find some way to help so that it isn't ruining the quality of your life.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mike_mass View Post
I relate to what you are going through. My wife and daughter arguing with each other are a real trigger for my anxiety...they are both very strong-willed women. Putting your fist through a wall WILL NOT SOLVE ANYTHING. You will simply play the fool in front of them and feel ashamed of yourself afterwards. Just walk away when they are fighting...far away. Good luck.
I can't run away. I feel as though I have to be there for my wife. It's not so much a 2 way battle with both yelling at each other, it's my mother-in-law being lazy about everything and my wife getting upset with her. My mother-in-law has all day to do anything she wants. All my wife asks of her is to do 'everyday things' like getting up at a proper time, brushing her teeth and combing her hair, getting her own breakfast and doing her morning exercises etc. No chores or anything like that. Just usual stuff that is NOT LAYING IN BED. When she fails to do these things, or lies about doing them when we know she hasn't, it sets my wife off sometimes. My wife works really hard and has little time for herself. Then she has to come home and put meds together for my mother-in-law (Because if she doesn't, her mother will forget or mess up her own meds, which has happened before). Anyways, long ago (2 yrs ago) we kind of put up with it a bit, we thought it was just an adjustment to her moving in with us. We were wrong. She got lazy.

So when my wife gets upset, sometimes it's big, sometimes it's huge...but it always leads her to feeling bad about that, and then she starts to look at the other things that aren't going right in her life and that just makes her miserable which then makes me miserable.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Davic,

Man you're really stuck. I've been reading ur posts wondering what to say or do to ease the frustration. I find no words.

I think like I tell people dealing with life's tough times..............

You cant change the stress the world puts on you, but you can decide how to deal with it. How to cope.

You have more power than you think. Right now, if you feel like you're going thru hell...........keep going. You will eventually get THRU it. When you come out, (not if, but when), you'll be that much stronger.

Hang in there,

Peace.

Intro