Be Positive Anyway

Old 06-08-2007, 02:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Be Positive Anyway

When you experience a setback, it may seem natural to respond by lowering your expectations. Yet that is not the only choice you have.

Just imagine what would happen if you did exactly the opposite. Just imagine what would happen if you decided to raise your expectations in response to each setback.

With such a strategy, negative momentum never has a chance to take hold. For even the disappointments serve to push you forward.

Your current expectations have much more power and influence than anything that has occurred in your past. For it is your current expectations that give direction to your energy and your actions.

Choose to make that direction a positive, valuable, creative one. From even the most burdensome difficulty, you can begin to move forward immediately.

Base your expectations on your most treasured dreams and your most profound purpose, rather than on life's random events or circumstances. And nothing will be able to hold you back for long.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I find that setbacks are often God's way of sending me a detour to a better path or a better plan of action. I may learn from them and try again or I may take them as a signal to be still, think for a while and then proceed again with renewed hope and determination.

Nothing that is worthwhile has come to me easily, but when I am willing to keep a positive attitude and accept that life is filled with setbacks for everyone now and then, I can proceed in gratitude for the lessons learned along the way.

Hugs
Old 06-08-2007, 02:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
came-came to-came to believe

Ann thank you!
I needed this reading
Your current expectations have much more power and influence than anything that has occurred in your past. For it is your current expectations that give direction to your energy and your actions.
I love that-it is so darn true!
Old 06-08-2007, 02:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
came-came to-came to believe

Nothing that is worthwhile has come to me easily, but when I am willing to keep a positive attitude and accept that life is filled with setbacks for everyone now and then, I can proceed in gratitude for the lessons learned along the way.
Again thank you Ann-
I am experiencing "set backs"-nothing major but this post really brought me some clarity and lots of comfort. I am going to print out the reading so while I am at work today so I can read it when I need to. I can see that I have choices, and in my situation I don't have to take the path that leads to a setback...
Old 06-08-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Thumbs up

I needed this today...thank you.