Notices

Doctor Appointment

Old 04-12-2007, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doctor Appointment

The pyschrist(spelling) I used to see had to have emergency heart surgery.
So, his office was closed. This happen shortly after my 3 yr. nephew was ran over and killed. There has been so many things that happen the past several weeks. It has been a trauma drama time. My doctor was taking me off Paxil and
was going to put me on something else. He was doing this slowly because of my Elipsey. Anyway, I haven't been doing very good. I haven't slept well in weeks.
I do not even think I have even slept any in the past few days. I have been very suicidal for awhile now. I am just at the end of my strength. It is the family deaths, brothers their ex-wifes and girlfriends,taking care of my kids-house-disabled parents-husband, my husband's anger issues, bills, and so on...Then the park manager and her husband are being bullies...It is a long story...I will just go over their head and talk to the
owner about what is going on.It is just that I am way too stress to do so right now..Anyway, I am hoping seeing this new doctor will help.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry for your troubles--you need to find a new doc asap--if you feel suicidal go to the ER or look up a crisis hotline number in your area for someone trained to talk to.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
karlee, I'm so sorry you're hurting and stressed.

A little over two years ago I was one month sober, my now ex wanted me out, my kids were hysterical, I was having run-on anxiety attacks and hadn't slept in days, and suicide seemed like the best answer. A trip to the nearest emergency room led me to a weekend at a behavioral center for psychiatric evaluations. I was ashamed and depressed at the time, but looking back it was one of the smartest decisions I've made in sobriety.

Please call a hotline or get to an ER if you need help. You deserve the best life has to offer, and there are many people willing to help you if you'll reach out for it.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have an appointment

with a new doctor tomorrow at 11 am Mountain time. Sorry I miss that in my post.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Yellow Pages Main » Counselors & Support Groups » Suicide Prevention Service in Layton, UT

Suicide Prevention Service in Layton, UT
Searching near Layton, UT

Suicide Prevention-Crisis Svc
801-261-1442 • 3944 S 400 E, Salt Lake City,UT 84107

Valley Mental Health
435-843-3520 • 100 S 1000 W, Tooele,UT 84074

Suicide Prevention
801-226-4433 • Orem,UT 84057

If you need immediate help, please contact one of these services.

I'm glad you're getting in to the doc tomorrow morning.
Let us know how it goes...

Shalom!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I Call A Crisis Hot-Line

I was on the edge and felt that I was just about to slice my wrists or overdose on pills. I do feel I drank to much and probably took more pills than I should have done..That is not the first time and probably won't be the last..I know will be okay. I took much more in larger doses before in the past. It has been an emotionally day. I did end up cutting myself up real bad. I ended up getting blood all over my shirt, sweater, and pants. I am hoping to get them washed before my husband finds out. There was just many things that happen today that trigger all this off. I know many of you may think I am crazy for cutting myself. I did stop myself and did make the call to a Crisis Hot-Line. I am very thankful to the person that posted that information. I do have an appointment with a new doctor at 11 A.M. tomorrow mornin. I could use all your prayers. I am a little nervous because to drive about 40 minutes to get to this doctor office. My husband doesn't know. He will just get upset that I am yet seeing another doctor. I am still somewhat suicidal. However, more tire than that. I think with all the alcohol that I drank. I feel I could just fll asleep right here typing on the computer. I so much want to get clean.
However, with all the drama trauma going on this past month. It jusy seems so hard...Well, I can no longer think. Good night!!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

Be sure to tell the doc the whole truth....then, let us know how your doing.

Shalom!
Old 04-13-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You did the right thing by calling as I suggested--thanks to who ever posted the numbers--you saved he by doing so.
No one here thinks you are ''nuts'' I am so happy you are going to get help--you are in a lot of pain--most cutters are--and there are a few of us in this group--you are not alone......
Old 04-13-2007, 04:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang is there karlee. I don't think you are crazy. You have a lot going on in your life and are having a hard time coping.

Stay away from the alcohol, that will only make things worse. I know from experience. Psychiatrists know how to treat people like us. So don't worry. Just go into his offcie and tell him exactly how you feel. That's what I did and I am finally getting on top of things again.

Sending you a big hug.

Try to get some rest. And let us know how you are doing.

Carol
Old 04-13-2007, 09:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Prayers still with you Karlee.

I remembered you from the Christians in Recovery forum

and searched for you. Glad to see you are here.

Please check in with us, so we know how you are doing.

I went to Beh Health Crisis Center and cried on a nice

little cot for about 5 hours 6 months ago. My medical doctor

suspected I was bipolar and I did not want to accept it.

Best thing I have done for me besides getting clean and

sober last summer.

Love you,

Sherry

:
Old 04-14-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On The Bus

((((((Karlee)))))

We are all strong and we are all fragile. Work on finding the middle point.