The Other Side of Fear

Old 03-23-2007, 01:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Other Side of Fear

Most of your fears would disappear if you would simply decide to walk right up to them. Fear has only the power that you give it.

Your fears can intimidate you or they can illuminate you. The choice is entirely up to you.

Your fears can stop you or they can prepare you. And you get to decide which it will be.

Listen to each fear just long enough to absorb the useful and reasonable information it may contain. Then realize that once that is done, it is time to move on beyond the fear.

On the other side of fear, there is value, there is accomplishment, there is fulfillment. See fear as the gateway that it is, and make the choice to carefully and persistently go through it.

Allow the fear to prepare you well, then move on past it. And be amazed at the great things you can do.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Most of your fears would disappear if you would simply decide to walk right up to them. Fear has only the power that you give it.
I spent so much of my life living in fear every day. Recovery helped me get past much of it, but some of my fears required a lot of work on my part. A wise person here told me that the only way to get past that kind of fear was to look it in the eyes and walk right through it, there were no shortcuts. It was incredibly painful some days, but by facing my fears, praying about them often, and trusting those who had gone before me, I managed to make it through to the other side and back into the light of faith.

I know today, that I will never live in that kind of fear again and I am grateful.

Hugs
Old 03-23-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

Ann,
Ya know, this Ralph character ain't so shabby.

Blessings,
PR
Old 03-23-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by PurpleReign View Post
Ann,
Ya know, this Ralph character ain't so shabby.
I love his writings. I find them very recovery-related yet applicable to everyone who wants a better life. I often wonder if he is personally familiar with recovery, he is so knowledgeable about healing and maintaining our balance.

I'm glad you enjoy him as much as I do.

Hugs
Old 03-23-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i love these readings ann, thanks so much for taking the time to type them out for us.... thanks