Notices

Hello

Old 09-29-2006, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hello I haven't posted here for awhile but I want to say I have very serious depression. Sometimes I don't know if I'm going to make it but I have some very nice people praying for my life.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Emmer,

I am suffering from a deep depression as well. My doc has me on 2 anti-depressants..Are you taking anything??

I am praying for you and your recovery. Remember your not alone..

Liz
Old 09-29-2006, 01:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Lizrox, the doc has me on effexor 150mg and seroquil 200mg
I have been on them for awhile now. i am sorry your also in a deep depression Lizrox.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi emmer,

I know from your posts that you have been really bad...just wanted to say..me too! I wish, hope and pray each night that I will wake up feeling even kinda ok and then I do and I dont feel any different...just completely hopeless.

Chloe
Old 09-29-2006, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry for you Chloe. I have made some changes and i hope something happens, is there any changes you could make.
I'm hoping that the changes i make will help somehow, I can't keep living like this thats for sure. My hope is in the Lord right now, Chloe.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Liz

Originally Posted by Lizrox
Hi Emmer,

I am suffering from a deep depression as well. My doc has me on 2 anti-depressants..Are you taking anything??

I am praying for you and your recovery. Remember your not alone..

Liz
did you feel depressed while you were taking the tramadol? Just curious.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On The Bus

emmer

Originally Posted by emmer
Hi Lizrox, the doc has me on effexor 150mg and seroquil 200mg
I have been on them for awhile now. i am sorry your also in a deep depression Lizrox.
im taking 200 mg of Zoloft at night, and a small amount of Trazodone to help me sleep. My depression is so so.

Some days I feel light, and other days I feel full of doom and gloom.

I just want to be the same everyday.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Hi all...sorry to hear things are rough, but I've been there and I just wanted to tell you that I know how truely hard things are for you right now. It seems that it will last forever, but I promise it won't. IT WILL GET BETTER as long as you don't give up. There's no way to tell how long that will take, but it will happen. I tried to just give myself permission to be human (realizing that I couldn't control the way I felt physically/mentally/ emotionally) and just do the best I could while waiting it out.

And usually b/c my body refused to function, but my mind would often grow restless....I used those times to read and learn more about depression/major depression (and for me bipolar disorder)....and coping skills like relaxation techniques and also working on my bad codependency issues.

I think it made it easier for me to handle the complete dibilitation of myself by knowing that I would be all the more wiser once I finally made it to the other side of my depression.

I still struggle mind you, but I'm no longer wondering if I should go on social security and all that....instead i'm moving forward AND I'm actually grateful now for the major depressive episode that often made me want to check out. Why? Because I wouldn't be anything close to the person I am now without the experience and the personal growing I did throughout it all.

Anyway, mainly I just want you guys to know that you're not alone and this is not your fault and that it's best to prepare yourself for the idea that it may take a while before things feel like they are getting better.....but once they do start getting better....the world seems brighter and more colorful and it's a lot easier not to sweat the small stuff anymore....like the fender bender I was in last week. Because a dent in my car doesn't have anything to do with my happiness or quality of life -- its just a dent

Hugs,
Jenna
Old 09-30-2006, 12:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Very well put Jenna.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Emmer,

Sometimes it takes a period of trial and error to find the right antidepressants. What works well for one person, may be a disaster for another. Have you seen you Dr about this lately?
Old 09-30-2006, 05:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yup I have liveweyerd
Old 09-30-2006, 05:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Distract yourself, play guitar.

Marte
Old 09-30-2006, 08:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I really should pick up my guitar - good idea. Maybe write a blues tune.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

perfect idea! The best thing you can do right now is anything that brings you even the slightest bit of happiness or contentment. For me it's my nephews. It's hard for me to be around them and NOT smile...no matter how depressed I am. (even if i'm not smiling on the outside....they always get at least a few smiles from me on the inside
Old 10-04-2006, 03:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

If you don't feel like the meds are helping you, hten talk to your doctor about possibly making some changes. Why are you on the seroquel for depression, is it to help you w/sleep or mood stabilization? Also, make sure you are eating good and getting enough sleep. Do you get out daily? I find for me that helps me a lot. Make sure you exercise too.