Notices

so down

Old 09-20-2006, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so down

I am on day 32 and this week has been so hard...feel so low, really depressed..I started a new AD a couple of weeks ago. Monday was so hard, tuesday I felt like I could get through and then yesterday I just didnt want to be alive..I found myself thinking constantly about not wanting to be here and how was I going to get thru the day and then I have been awake since the early hours with the same thoughts. I feel so trapped in a life that is so unhappy and not because my life is bad but that I can just not get rid of this feeling of hopelessness. I love my family but resent the fact that I have to be here in life because if I wasnt it would ruin their lives...I feel scared that I could be tipping over the edge..and worst of all I can see no end to the way I am feeling...what should I do?

Chloe
Old 09-20-2006, 02:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chloe06
I am on day 32 and this week has been so hard...feel so low, really depressed..I started a new AD a couple of weeks ago. Monday was so hard, tuesday I felt like I could get through and then yesterday I just didnt want to be alive..I found myself thinking constantly about not wanting to be here and how was I going to get thru the day and then I have been awake since the early hours with the same thoughts. I feel so trapped in a life that is so unhappy and not because my life is bad but that I can just not get rid of this feeling of hopelessness. I love my family but resent the fact that I have to be here in life because if I wasnt it would ruin their lives...I feel scared that I could be tipping over the edge..and worst of all I can see no end to the way I am feeling...what should I do?

Chloe
when i begin to feel this way i try to remind my self of those i love and how i would feel if something would happen to them. then i realize im being selfish and try to appreciate what i have because in a moment i could lose someone i love and things would be allot worst...i dont know your situation or illness but this is what i think of when im feeling so down...that im fortunate to have my kids and husband and i must wake up and at least try and realize that and focus on that fact. thats me..well i hope this helps. cheer up and big hugs
Old 09-20-2006, 02:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Recovery

Chloe,

I'm glad you stopped at SR before (during?) going down any more of the "spiral." I am so familiar with it, that I can tell ahead of time exactly what I'm going to be thinking, feeling and saying to myself when I get there...but knowing that doesn't keep me from going there anyway (just like knowing that alcohol/sugar/obesity, etc...is trying to kill me doesn't have any effect on whether I'm going to do anything about any of that).

I'm not sure what you mean by AD?? Is that a prescription? I've heard they take a few days/weeks to start to take effect. Could you have it checked? for too much/too little/too often?

Do you have someone out there you can talk to about those feelings f2f? I have to force myself sometimes to call the sponsor when I feel like S**T, because I'm tired of calling her to bawl all the time. She insists that I can call her anytime, no matter what (but I still try to be somewhat considerate).

That said, please feel free to vent here all you want. Sometimes just getting it "out" helps me, too.

I understand what you mean about resenting your family...I feel very ticked off to realize that I have to stay alive so that my daugters can be raised by one loving parent, at least. I may not be a wonderful, perfect mother, but I know that I can give them love.

Do you journal much? I hate to do it, but I do feel better....
Do you have something non-living you can "kill?" (if your depression has any rage-based roots), like beating up a pillow? or a "******" doll? I've wanted to create something that I call "addiction" and kill that... how about a primal scream? into a muffled item, like a scarf, pillow, bed? (but just one, so nobody calls the cops).

These have sometimes worked for me. Helping others, as bizarre as that might sound, does help-sometimes- too.