Notices

Blackout for the books - Humor

Old 08-27-2006, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blackout for the books - Humor

Just thought I'd share one of the stories a Veteran told about a black out. He and we all had a good laugh. He drove up to a drive up window and ordered a burger,fries and shake. The woman asked him to repeat and he did. She left for a few minutes and returned with another woman. At her request, he again said I want a burger,fries and a shake. Then they both left. Next thing he knew there were cop cars all around him. He couldn't understand what the problem was. The policeman asked him what he was doing? He repeated his order. The policeman said Son, get out of your car. He got out and was brought to the front of the building. The policeman said, What does that sign say? It was something National Bank. I understand in a way this isn't funny but, we couldn't help laugh. Don W
Old 08-27-2006, 01:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Don;
I understand the humor in it -- and the pathos.
Thanks for sharing!

Shalom!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

yes...funny and sad...
Old 08-29-2006, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The best thing along with the laugh was being reminded that I've dose that same or worse. One of my last blackout, I only remember hailing a cab to a hotel in Boston, instead of going home drunk, plus I could drink till closing. I remember walking into the hotel only. The next morning I woke up on a bench down by the waterfront. It was cold and damp. I reached in my pocket to warm my hands. I felt some kind of cards in my pocket. I then pulled out two room key cards to that hotel. I didn't dare go back there to see what had happened. I went to an ATM and checked. Sure enough, I'd payed $100 plus tax to sleep on a bench. And there wasn't even a chocolate on my pillow.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I recall - so to speak - a blackout when I was helping some friends clear a road for this campground I owned a portion of. Anyway, there was a huge tree root and we were going to spend a long while having to dig it out. Well, I blew it out with a fertilizer bomb (military background) when everyone went to lunch thinking they'd be happy I had shortened the task. After that, they added a rule to the campground, no explosives on the land. Geez, a drunk, undiagnosed bipolar with explosives.....glad nothing worse happened!