Notices

Acupuncture?

Old 08-21-2006, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Acupuncture?

Just wondering if anyone has any info (personal experience or otherwise) about the use of acupuncture for anxiety.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I have been treated for anxiety with acupuncture. It really helped me a lot. Something you might want to do if you are considering this kind of treatment is call several different therapist and ask them what is their specialty? If they mention your disorder then you have a good chance of finding someone who is good with what you need.

I want to hear them say what they have the most sucess in treating. Some are better at certain health problems than others this I am certain of. I have worked in the field one of the Drs. I worked with was good with allergies and arthritis and another was good with mental illness and addictions. If you are seeing a shrink you might want to ask them for a referral chances are if they reffer you to someone it is because they know this person has a good reputation for treating your problem.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A go to an acupuncture clinic almost every week, and anxiety is one thing they're treating. It helps a lot. Clinics connected to acupuncture schools are cheaper if there's one in your area; you're usually treated by students under supervision, though the intake is longer. They're not always the most knowledgable on issues such as nutrition, however.

Chi gung and relaxation exercises are also helpful.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cmc

My D.O. does it and I have had success, but I have not tried it for anxiety. He said it would be a long shot to try it for ovarian cysts, and I was willing to try it. I had other treatments going on as well, so I will never know which helped or if it was a combination of things. I prefer a medically trained person, but think clinics like mentioned above are very good because they are being trained by professionals. I hope it helps.

sorry I went OT!!!!