Notices

More anxious because of a roomate?

Old 07-12-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More anxious because of a roomate?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a harder time staying sober because of someone you live with? I have anxiety already, and sometimes if I have a bad day with this person.
I also have insomnia, ptsd, borderline. Sometimes IDK what, but I just have more energy at night and love staying up late. I guess it's also because I'm not working now, so I don't have to wake up early.
I will have problems sleeping and take melatonin (Which gives me nightmares) or something else in the past. I'm going to switch to Benadryl because I'm not wanting to go back on Ambien and it's the safest, other than trazodone, for when you're in recovery.
I'm going to soon try aromatherapy, which I used it at the rehab I just came back from yesterday. Also chamomile tea.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
In recovery many of us find "new playgrounds and playmates", a change of atmosphere is helpful. It also helped me to attend recovery meetings and group therapy sessions where I could be around like-minded people.

Welcome to SR!
Old 07-28-2017, 10:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks. Yeah, I've gotten into a therapy group and I went and felt wonderful. I also attend AA meetings every other day. They are also helpful.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm glad to hear you're having a positive experience. Support like that continues to be a life changer for me.