Notices

Anxiety is soo bad!!

Old 11-07-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Anxiety is soo bad!!

Hi. I need some help, please! I have been totally off opiates since beginning of sept. that's a start and all but I pop too many neuronton and occasionally too many fioricet. I have been dealing with severe anxiety OCD and low mood unless I pop the few extra neuronton! What is wrong with me. I hate that I do this!! I want nothing to do with drugs or the people/lifestyle anymore but my anxiety gets so bad I lose it!! I'm going to my pdoc Saturday. Is there a med I can ask for. I'm also on seroquel and prn trazadone. I'm a single mom. I'm in therapy and I feel like everyone thinks my anxiety is a joke. Will it get better? Is it drug cravings? Please help. I want a consistent treatment. Not one that comes back 5 minutes after the med wears off btw benzos are out of the question. And seroquel is fine for sleep but I can't function to well on it during the day! Ugh please help me. Thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Angel I can't advize you on anything medical or meds related, but I will say when you see your pdoc tell him/her everything don't hold back any info regardless how trivial. Pdocs aren't there to judge and they can't read minds. Let us know what happens, I deal with bad anxiety and understand the frustration you have.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Zanzibar, thanks!! Can I ask if you are a recovering addict or alchoholic? If so do you think your anxiety is getting better with your sober time? Honestly anxiety is my #1 biggest trigger hands down. In fact my anxiety might even be drug cravings or paws. Also I was getting out doing a short CNA class which ended last week. Now I'm back at home thinking all day unemployed and a single mom relying and worrying about the unemployment. Blah. Ugh. I have a sponsor and am working step 1. Do you think journaling works?? Thanks!!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Btw. I am also suffering from lowish mood and Bordem. Oh and I did have occasional anxiety 14 years ago prior to the start of my pill abuse!!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ohh and and non med tips? Sorry I keep replying to mg own topic!!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Be very careful Angel and talk to your doctor soon.

Central nervous system and/or respiratory-depressant effects are increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects. Taking more gabapentin than prescribed in combination with the seroquel and trazodone might be dangerous.

Call your doctor!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Those drugs are so dangerous. I don't know what you were dealing with before, but this doesn't sound good. Are you sure that these pills are making you better, not worse? I ask this because I really feel like I wasted a lot of my life on pills (trazadone, paxil, strattera) thinking that they were making me better. I finally realized this wasn't the case, and I've actually had people tell me "Wow, you're normal now." Anyways, this was my experience. I hope you can find whatever is needed to help you with this.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Angel I'm a recovering alcoholic. My anxiety got worse shortly after I stopped drinking but soon after my rehab it started getting a bit better. But I'm a firm believer that we are all individuals so my experiences will not necessarily be your experiences. But yes cravings can easily manifest as anxiety. But you do have control over your AV you just have to assert it.

But to tell you the truth this site is helping with my recovery from anxiety greatly. My anxiety is still pretty bad and certain situations are impossible for me but I am most definately improving.

My advice is tell your pdoc everything, do what you and your pdoc discuss, and don't be afraid to ask for help here. There's no need to feel dumd or embarassed.

Any time I'm going into a situation that I'm not sure of I ask my family here what they think, and if they unanimously recommend I don't do it then I don't do it cause I trust them. However you have to remember that in the end you are responsible for you. Anytime you want to talk anxiety or anything else feel free. As for tips see what your pdoc says on saturday but definately contact me afterwards and I'd be happy to talk to you about tips I've learned.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know I need to be careful. I try I oly take one drug at a time. But I'm stupid sometimes!!! Well the pills are gone as of now. Except for seroquel and trazadone and 2 neurontin. I'm sure all the other pills are making me worse. Maybe better for a few hours but beside that worse. And I had a ****** panic attack about dieing in my sleep last night. Luckily that was not the case. Though I punched my arm where I could see a vain on purpose to harm myself. I'm a stupid weirdo. And I have BPD but my t just says oh come on the BPD is better its more OCD/ anxiety. She won't listen to other sx and I don't know why. She said its good I think people are good and then banish them from my life for some time. And other things I don't like to do! . Well thanks soo much for listening to me. I need some support from u all .
Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ohh BPD is borderline personality disorder.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

To make one thing perfecly clear I do not see you as stupid, or a weirdo. You're not well, period.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Aww thanks. I know I need to stop saying bad stuff about myself! I hope this isn't too premature but I actually think I had a good day today! Took my seroquel instead of a bunch of other pills to abuse and self medicate and soo far so good. Only had one panic attack instead of 2 to 4. My house is a bit messy mostly dishes and my sons toys. I don't think that the end of the world!? Thanks for all of you guys' support.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's really nice to hear you had a good day Angel.