Notices

Im all over the place...

Old 05-28-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im all over the place...

I have been void of emotion for so long it's kind of all over the place right now. I had an exam tonight in algebra. I freaked when the paper was handed to me. I went brain dead. I was very stressed out when I was done and immediately thought of a drink. I called someone...the stress is over and I'm still sober. I've had to deal with a boyfriend that is constantly drunk. And now I am having a bit of a crush on someone in the program. It's overwhelming and I would like that part to go away. I don't need to be developing feelings for people. Way too complicated. How do I stop that? What's with all these damn new feelings? My compassion for living things is also making my life hell. How can I be a chicken farmer if I'm crying over every one of them?

Jennifer
Old 05-28-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're hurting, Jennifer.

Sometimes, I think the best thing we can do is chalk it up as a bad day and remember that tomorrow affords us a new start. You're sober and that in itself speaks to your resolve. Take care.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrow will be a little more settled, Jen.

I wouldn't get into something that promises to be emotionally complicated right now.

You can even urge surf that crush

I hate exams too, Same thing always happened to me.

D
Old 05-28-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think urge surfing the crush is a good idea. I am NOT getting involved into anything like that right now. I'm aware of where it came from and it's all the wrong reasons. I'm going to talk this out a minute. This person has been eyeballing me for some time now. Being I'm getting no attention at home, and all of a sudden...someone is bothering with me, and it feels good. The faster I burn through this sick crush, the faster it will be over. As far as the chickens...I am no longer using them for meat. I can't do it anymore. I can take the roosters to auction and let the old hens live out their lives here. Algebra is algebra. I have to stop trying to be perfect and accept that I am not a super genius. I know I got a few questions right. I should pass, even though it's not the grade I probably wanted. There. No drink wanted. Not tonight. This can be done.

Jennifer
Old 05-28-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jennifer, Your post is inspiring....what a great job you're doing thinking things through.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ugh Algebra! And matters of the heart to boot! Both tricky answers.

You already know that it's best to deal with your current relationship before further complicating yourself with a new one....... or else you'll end with two problems instead of just one. Not quite algebra.

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with you bf. When a woman isn't treated right by her partner other people start looking better and better...... that eye starts to wander.

I say before you start thinking about someone new you give yourself the best chance for happiness in that by not being encumbered by the past.

Last edited by Wholesome; 05-28-2015 at 06:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-28-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That was recovery right there my friend.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am grateful I have woken up feeling calm, serene and focused. I pray I stay this way.

Jennifer
Old 05-29-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jen, glad you woke up serene--
The boyfriend's drinking is getting worse? Daily?
Old 05-29-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good Morning, Glad you're feeling calm and serene this morning