Notices

Almost 6 months!

Old 11-21-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost 6 months!

It has been almost 6 months since I said farewell to what, at the time, I thought was my best friend. How or when alcohol took this particular title is as much a guess to me as it would be to anyone else, I suppose.

Seldom does a day go by that my old "friend" doesn't come up in some conversation or another. Be it a television show that I would swear I have never seen... only to find out that I used to watch it when I was still drinking?!

I am still trying to get to know myself again. What do I enjoy doing? As simple as this question seems, it is incredibly difficult for me to answer because I really do not know. For years, my entire life revolved around rushing home from work everyday so I could drink myself into oblivion. Rinse. Repeat. I gave up any hobby that I may have had a long time ago.

I am also dealing with a lot of shame. Since my eyes are finally open, I can now see the damage that was caused by all of those years.

Physically - I haven't felt better in a VERY, VERY long time.

I know that I still have a long way to go but it certainly looks like the light at the end of the tunnel from here.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey JensDestiny- Congrats on the six months! You should feel very proud.
I am still trying to get to know myself again. What do I enjoy doing? As simple as this question seems, it is incredibly difficult for me to answer because I really do not know. For years, my entire life revolved around rushing home from work everyday so I could drink myself into oblivion. Rinse. Repeat.
I can completely relate to this quote. I think as we 'reinvent' ourselves to that of a non-drinker, then things seem to get better. However, it seems as if it's an on-going work in progress. At least for me.

I wish you the best with your continued progress!

Lusher
Old 11-21-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on nearly 6 months JensDestiny

I spent most of my first year working out who I was, or remembering bits I'd forgotten...continue being patient and give it time

as for shame...I figure all I went through , good or bad, bought me, here, and here is not a bad place to be.

I can't change yesterday - but today is mine to do as much as I can with it

D
Old 11-21-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
as for shame...I figure all I went through , good or bad, brought me, here, and here is not a bad place to be.

I can't change yesterday - but today is mine to do as much as I can with it

D
This is extremely helpful, Dee. Thank you!