Notices

Panic Attacks?

Old 10-30-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sleep paralysis is the absolute worst. I haven't had an episode in many years, but boy, that's a bad feeling when you're awake and you can't move no matter how hard you try.

I also didn't realize much of my anxiety and panic attacks were due to booze. Little did I know nine years ago that I had a serious alcohol problem and that I was going through withdrawal on at least a weekly basis. It all came together in the last couple of years when I realized I had a serious problem and started doing some research.

I don't get panic attacks now, but I do get some pretty solid anxiety in the morning if I've been on a bender. I'm currently back on day 1 and realizing I really need to make some serious changes in my life to nip this thing in the bud.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

congrats to day 1

Anxiety is my biggest problem when I quit drinking. I have to work on it. Find out what triggers it the most. if it is stress, then I will see what issues are causing my stress. I had to quit drinking coffee because of anxiety.

Hang in there Powderline. It will get better!
Old 10-31-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

toward the end of my drinking career, my alcoholism was characterised by drinking to stop the panic attacks that were caused by drinking. What a terrible cycle that was!