Notices

Testify

Old 03-05-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Testify

Over the last month it seems there has been one major stress inducing event after another. The kind that don't pass in a day or even a week. But linger on. I presently have four such intense stressors running concurrently in my life. Not your garden variety issues, but major ones. On top of a pretty stressful job and two small boys at home running around being boys.

I say this not to belly ache, for everyone has their "cross to bear". As it were. No, I say this as a testimony to our program. Because prior to recovery, any one of these four things would have driven me deep into the arms of the bottle, or my other weapons of self destruction, at first sign of them. I just simply did not know how to handle such events. In fact, I didn't know how to handle "happy" events either. Small, medium, or large. If any kind of emotion hit, it was high time to run. When I take the time to stop and think about it, I am always blown away with how well this program works. It truly is amazing. And I am forever grateful!

Recovery = Quality problems
Old 03-07-2015, 01:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

"Take way my difficulties that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of thy power, thy love and thy way of life..."

Sounds like you are keeping your side of the bargain Michael