Notices

Transformation

Old 11-28-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Transformation

Looking out to our backyard, I lament the leaves gone missing from the trees. There is something about that bare structure of limbs that gives me a sense of death. But, having been through Winter before, I know it is only temporary. That this dormant phase is a pre-requisite in order for the trees to grow bigger and stronger the following year. Over and over this takes place. Continuous growth from a seeming death.

Thus is my perpetual journey through the steps. A stripping of the self from the bare limbs of spirit. Only to be reborn bigger and stronger on the other side. This is not a one shot deal. If I want continuos growth, a richer and fuller life, recovery rather than simple abstinence, I must ceaselessly undergo the death and rebirth process of the twelve steps.

It is by dying that one awakens to eternal life.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The lake is frozen over.
The geese are gone on their southern round,
and the ground sleeps under quilted snow.
I remain for the season
and for the seasons’ changes,
as life continues
season on season
along its never-wearying round—
Old 11-28-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks michaelg,
your post helps remind me, and reinforce in me, that I am with you on this journey of working the steps as a means to living a full life, as my creator intends for me.

perhaps we will see each other at some time as we trudge the road of happy and fulfilling destiny.

RDBplus3...Sober & FREE
Old 11-28-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Thus is my perpetual journey through the steps. A stripping of the self from the bare limbs of spirit. Only to be reborn bigger and stronger on the other side. This is not a one shot deal. If I want continuos growth, a richer and fuller life, recovery rather than simple abstinence, I must ceaselessly undergo the death and rebirth process of the twelve steps.
That's pretty much how I now see the steps. Except I see that they are really struggle/surrender cycles. Steps 2,4,6,8 & 10 are struggles to see the truth about myself, my weakness and my potential to change. Steps 1,3,5,7,9 & 11 are surrendering my misconceptions that I can change on my own without some kind of assistance from a Higher Power.

The word Tantra can be translated many different ways. One of them is "Expedited Spirituality".
What expedites the fast rate of growth is a series of building up and tearing down of the spirit.
Much like a body builder focusing on exercising a specific muscle to the point of failure - Then letting it rest long enough to rebuild itself stronger than ever. Thus the expression:

"NO PAIN - NO GAIN!"
Old 11-28-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love all I read in the replies. And the poem from Kensho, not sure if you wrote that or not. But it's beautiful.

Choose a great day yall.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I moved a mis-post and some replies to the correct thread
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...d-gravity.html

D
Old 11-28-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Michaelg
It must be in the air, or maybe we're just working it. Because looking out on the snow on the cove and the birds (cardinals & bluejays!) today, and spending some real quality time with God, praying, writing, and just being, I had a huge breakthrough of understanding and compassion for the most important people in my life AND myself, and other people I been angry at. This is something that has taken me 7 years of hard work in the steps.

When we give God just a little, He reveals Himself to us. It's done in His time and through the channels He chooses.

He will get through to us if we want it and our heart is in the right place.
Happy Winter
Old 11-28-2014, 09:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
Love all I read in the replies. And the poem from Kensho, not sure if you wrote that or not. But it's beautiful.

Choose a great day yall.
I did, thank you. More or less spontaneous in response to your post.