Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 7/6/13

Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 7/6/13

A.A. Thought for the Day

We tried to study our alcoholic problem, wondering what was the cause of our strange obsession. Many of us took special treatments, hospitalization, even confinement in institutions. In every case, the relief was only temporary. We tried through crazy excuses to convince ourselves that
we knew why we drank, but we went on regardless. Finally drinking had gone far beyond even a habit. We had become alcoholics, men and women who had been destroying themselves against their own will. Am I completely free from my alcoholic obsession?

Meditation for the Day

"Ask and ye shall receive." Never let yourself think you cannot do something useful or that you never will be able to accomplish a useful task. The fact is that you can do practically anything in the field of human relationships, if you are willing to call on God's supply of strength. The supply may not be immediately available, because you may not be entirely ready to receive it. But it will surely come when you are properly prepared for it. As you grow spiritually, a feeling of being plentifully supplied by God's strength will possess you and you will be able to accomplish many useful things.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may claim God's supply of strength by my faith in Him. I pray that it shall be given to me according to my faith.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012