Walk In Dry Places 4/17/13

Old 04-17-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Walk In Dry Places 4/17/13

Walk in Dry Places
April 17, 2013
We can’t go home again….
Living here and now.

Despite all evidence that we must live for today, some of us persist in trying to recapture the past. We may be holding a few good memories that we would like to bring alive today. More likely, we may also be re-fighting old battles in the hope that this time we’ll come out winners.

But since change is taking place everywhere at every moment, we can never return to any previous place or time. Time does march on, and we are part of the parade. Whether we were winners or losers in the past, we can live only in the here and now.

The good news is that we can retain any lessons from the past and put them to use today. If we have scalding memories of twisted relationships, we can remind ourselves that growth and understanding now place us out of harm’s way. And if we remember the things that did turn our right even in the confused past, we can reflect that even greater good is possible today.

Our home is never in the past. It is in the time and place where we are today. As we make the best of it, all of our future homes in place and time will improve, for “in God’s house are many mansions.”

Accepting the value of all of its lessons, I will close the door firmly on the past, knowing that I must devote all of my interest and energies to the present moment.

Walk In Dry Places by Mel B.
Copyright 1996 by Hazelden Foundation
Old 04-17-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice One V
Old 04-20-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I needed this today - thank you. It's been 2.5 years and some days are harder than others and on those days I tend to remember the past with rose colored glasses and think about seeing old friends... Life is in the present.