Notices

Daily Reflections for 3/22/13

Old 03-22-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Daily Reflections for 3/22/13

*~*~*~*~*^DailyReflections^*~*~*~*~*

NO MORE STRUGGLE...

And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone -- even alcohol.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 84

When A.A. found me, I thought I was in for a struggle, and that A.A. might provide the strength I needed to beat alcohol. Victorious in that fight, who knows what other battles I could win. I would need to be strong, though. All my previous experience with life proved that. Today I do not have to struggle or exert my will. If I take those Twelve Steps and let my Higher Power do the real work, my alcohol problem disappears all by itself. My living problems also cease to be struggles. I just have to ask whether acceptance -- or change -- is required. It is not my will, but His, that needs doing.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I fought everything in my life, including alcohol, and it wasn't until I got into the rooms and learned that I just had to lay down my weapons and my ego, life would be much easier. Working the steps has allowed me to let God run the show, and as long as I do His will, everything will work out the way they need to. I do the legwork, but leave the outcome to Him. Not only did that lift the mental obsession to drink, but improved all areas of my life. I am no longer a prisoner of my own will.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I fought the change to stop my drinking for the longest time. I didn't desire to change. I really didn't want to. I was so blinded by myself that I was convinced I would find it possible to do it my way and eventually the consequences would cease. Oh, how wrong I was. I was putting ten times more effort in trying to achieve that than it actually took to work the steps and put myself out there a little bit in the fellowship.