Notices

24 Hours a Day

Old 05-04-2010, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow 24 Hours a Day

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

(You are reading from the book Twenty Four Hours a Day.)

A.A. Thought for the Day

When I was drinking, I always tried to build myself up. I used to tell tall stories about myself. I told them so often that I half believe some of them now, even though I know they aren't true. I used to hang around the lowbrow barrooms so I could feel superior to the other customers. The reason I always tried to build myself up was that I knew deep down in my heart that I really didn't amount to anything. It was a kind of defense against my feeling of inferiority. Do I still build myself up?

Meditation for the Day

God thought about the universe and brought it into being. His thought brought me into being. I must think God's thought after Him. I must often keep my mind occupied with thoughts about God and meditate on the way He wants me to live. I must train my mind constantly in quiet times of communion with God. It is the work of a lifetime to develop to full stature spiritually. This is what I am on earth for. It gives meaning to my life.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may think God's thoughts after Him. I pray that I may live as He wants me to live.

(From Twenty Four Hours a Day © 1975 by Hazelden Foundation, PO Box 176, Center City, MN 55012)