First time chairing Naranon meeting help!

Old 10-14-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First time chairing Naranon meeting help!

So I have done topic meetings where I chaired but chairing a meeting on step 10 is hard for me since I am not there yet. Anyone have suggestions please. Thanks !!
Old 10-18-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think if you're doing better at apologizing to people you wrong- even if its just accidentally being rude, then you're doing Step 10. For me being more perceptive about how I was acting towards others was a consequence of the 10th step work.

For example just a cpl months ago I snapped into frustration with my daughter over her guinea pig... its the stupid crap that gets me most often, about a half-hour later I realized what I did and apologized, and have been trying at the living amends relative to her and the pig since then. That amounts to being more aware of the situation and finding a more appropriate setting on the "how important is it" scale.

My sponsor is a big fan of the living amends starting right away, even if one isn't yet on the 9th step. I'm totally willing to give my wife the 9th step amends but I am not ready... theres 40-some years of ingrained and evolved self-centeredness and selfishness to gain awareness of, I can't do an amends with her till I can be precise and accurate about that; but I sure can act better now, and when I slip theres nothing out-of-order about apologizing promptly.