SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   BringingBackB's sober thread. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/371811-bringingbackbs-sober-thread.html)

Dee74 08-31-2015 04:22 PM

You're making great progress BBB :)

D

Eshgham 09-01-2015 06:04 AM

Great stuff, those days are adding up very nicely

Soberwolf 09-01-2015 06:11 AM

:c014:

BringingBackB 09-01-2015 07:14 AM

Huge update!

Work have finally contacted me and agreed to a phased return which I am going in tomorrow to discuss!

It was weird as they rang whilst I was seeing my mental health practitioner, so I spoke to them whilst she was there! I may not have answered otherwise!

I'm very nervous about seeing everyone tomorrow and having to have this meeting with my manager, but this is normal anxiety. This is a huge step for me.

I am going to take very good care of myself today and tonight, making sure I am in the best possible place mentally that I can be for tomorrow.

Wish me luck friends.
B

BringingBackB 09-01-2015 11:41 PM

On my way to work. Wish me luck!

Day 49.

Soberwolf 09-02-2015 12:59 AM

Wooooooooo get in B :c014: good luck bud

BringingBackB 09-02-2015 05:36 AM

First day in the bag.

4 hours was enough as I'm mentally exhausted now. The meeting with my boss went fine but it's taken it out of me.

Time to relax ahead of round 2 tomorrow!

Soberwolf 09-02-2015 05:57 AM

:c011:

Eshgham 09-03-2015 01:27 AM

Great work.

BringingBackB 09-03-2015 10:27 AM

Day 50.

Second day back at work went well again. Got some work done and was chatting with my colleagues :)

Some slight thoughts of drinking to 'reward' myself, but I overcame it easily with some choice words directed at my AV.

Very proud of myself :)

Soberwolf 09-03-2015 11:06 AM

Congrats on 50 days B thats awesome

BringingBackB 09-04-2015 01:59 PM

Day 51 over.
I am really liking sober life right now. Coming up on 2 months and I never ever want to look back. I fully believe that I can do this. In fact, I can thrive. I'm missing out on nothing. :)

Tooshabby 09-04-2015 02:03 PM

I'm so happy for you!!!!

:Dance7:

PennyLane76 09-05-2015 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by BringingBackB (Post 5542993)
Day 51 over.
I am really liking sober life right now. Coming up on 2 months and I never ever want to look back. I fully believe that I can do this. In fact, I can thrive. I'm missing out on nothing. :)

Triple B! Sooo happy for you:)

Dee74 09-05-2015 05:09 PM

Awesome BBB :)

D

Soberwolf 09-06-2015 03:27 AM

Really happy for you B

BringingBackB 09-07-2015 01:53 PM

Closing out day 54 here.

Very busy at my end with being back at work. My mother in law has also just had an operation so I am attempting to look after her (she's not very mobile at the moment!)

I am doing well though. I have not had any significant urges to speak of. One thing I have noticed is the ability to recognise my AV. I have been, almost subconsciously, responding to it in a highly stern manner and telling it where to shove itself, which so far is stopping dead the train of thought that may in the past have lead me to drinking. I mainly notice it in adverts / films, and at certain times of the day. (Late afternoon in particular). It is comforting to know that it cannot sneak up on me as easily as it has done in the past. I've come such a long way I'm the past 2 months, I refuse to go back, ever. It just cannot be a part of my life anymore, and I am okay with that. Not happy, but accepting.

I still think everyday about my behaviour when I was drinking and that is helping solidify this determination. I will have to let it go at some point, but I do forgive myself wholly. As with all things, the wounds will take time to heal. I certainly did not do anything to hurt anyone else more than I hurt myself. Beginning the process of making amends with myself has been a big help this time. I have realised that I cannot control what others think of me, nor should I ever want to, but being very patient with myself is key in my recovery.

I am looking forward to saying I have been sober for two months soon. I will feel so proud, and I will, for that day, allow myself to enjoy the moment of achievement.

Keep on truckin' :)

Upwardspiral 09-07-2015 01:57 PM

Congrats BBB, you're doing great! I'm a few days behind you and I draw a lot of inspiration from your posts. :)

BringingBackB 09-08-2015 12:49 PM

Thank you for your kind words upward :)

Day 55 over and done with.

Had a really positive day at work today. I've found and arranged to move into a new job within the same company, something I think I will enjoy a lot more than my role now. I guess this is one of the benefits of working for such a large company, the downside however being that I initiated this request over a year ago and only now is it coming to fruition. A good step forward nonetheless.

Winding down now watching the football. Tomorrow is a day off for me so I'm looking forward to having a lie in. I do love that feeling of waking up sober and fresh.

SoberLeigh 09-08-2015 12:51 PM

So glad to see that things are working out for you, BBB.