SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   BringingBackB's sober thread. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/371811-bringingbackbs-sober-thread.html)

Soberwolf 09-08-2015 02:46 PM

Your doing fantastic bud

BringingBackB 09-11-2015 05:23 AM

Day 58.

Had a bit of a kick in the teeth today but these things happen. The new role I had an interview for, I didn't get the job. Me and my manager were both a bit bemused by it, but what can you do. This is the reason I hate doing telephone interviews, I find them much more stressful than the real thing.

But I am forever looking forward and will put my efforts not into feeling sorry for myself, but trying to fin something else. I certainly won't be drinking, that's not an option anymore. Rejection is a big thing for me and something I've always taken badly, but I am trying to remember that this is life, this is living, through the ups and downs.

Upwardspiral 09-11-2015 05:48 AM

Sorry B, rejection is hard to take. Good for you for approaching it with a positive mindset. You're doing great!

BringingBackB 09-11-2015 08:13 AM

My mind has been spiralling a bit with it tbh.

It hurts more that I was the only one lined up for the job. Im now in a position where in 3 weeks time I'm without anything to do and 'on the bench'. I hope I will be able to get something sorted next week as the stress of not knowing where im going to be is not good for me.

Soberwolf 09-11-2015 11:05 AM

We'll be here for you no matter what B

BringingBackB 09-13-2015 02:03 AM

2 months sober today woop woop!!!!

:dee:grouphug::tyou

Soberwolf 09-13-2015 06:48 AM

Fantastic B congrats 2 months is awesome

hpdw 09-13-2015 07:12 AM

Hi , I understand everything you say and can relate to all of it . I understand the mental health side of your story also . Without encroaching on your privacy is it anxiety you struggle with ? I personally have had a lifetime of issues with anxiety abnormal anxiety states and it is my belief that in my case alcoholism has been a symptom of anxiety/stress .
You are doing brilliant and as sound as if you are focused on what you want .
I urge you to push you GP for help with your anxiety so as to get to the root cause of whats causing it .
The part where you say about not wanting to use a knife for fear of injury is a symptom of a tired nervous system ( anxiety ) , they call it unwanted thoughts .
There is a great website that I use https://www.anxietycentre.com/ which has a wealth of knowledge about anxiety/panic , I wish i had found it years ago .
Can I say also that if YOU feel like you can work well the GP cant make you NOT work . Its better if you can get back to work as it seems to be a worry for you that you don't need .

I,m on day 18 sober now myself .

Im rooting for you and wishing you well .

hpdw 09-13-2015 07:40 AM

In response to my own post I had just woke up from nightshift and didn't realize there were 7 pages and only replied after reading first page silly me .

I have read all of the thread now and I am so encouraged by your progress .

Well done Bud .

BringingBackB 09-13-2015 12:19 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words Tam. Congrats on 18 days!

I can't believe you read through all 7 pages of my rambling :) Yes, my MH problems are mainly anxiety. In the past this has caused me to avoid certain situations and retreat into drinking, but I am pushing myself more and more now.

Because of the way I dealt with the anxiety, I ultimately became a hermit. I lost all my friends and contacts with the outside world really. Loneliness is still a big problem for me, but I am working hard to improve my social interaction. I've not really made any friends yet, but I am now spending an awful lot of time with my family, which helps hugely. I would always avoid seeing them during my drinking days

Hopefully as long as I stay sober it will all keep improving.

Dee74 09-13-2015 04:20 PM

Congrats again BBB :)

D

Soberwolf 09-14-2015 10:59 AM

Keep up the good work B

BringingBackB 09-14-2015 11:31 AM

Thanks guys. Day 61 done and dusted now. Time to relax :)

BringingBackB 09-16-2015 12:56 PM

Quick check in from me on day 63.

I'm straight off to bed tonight as I'm struggling with a cold/flu bug that seems to be going round. It's still a darn site better than being hungover though.

SoberLeigh 09-16-2015 12:59 PM

Feel better soon, BBB. Remember fluids, rest, chicken soup.

Congrats on 63 days.

BringingBackB 09-18-2015 12:54 PM

Day 54 over and done with.

Still struggling with the man flu but mentally in doing good. I've managed to get myself another interview for a long term role at my workplace.

Time to chill and watch the rugby world cup. Come on England!

Dee74 09-18-2015 02:35 PM

best wishes with that interview BBB :)

D

Soberwolf 09-18-2015 03:01 PM

Scotland have got the rugby world cup in the bag lol get well soon B

BringingBackB 09-22-2015 01:01 PM

Checking in on day 69.

I'm back to work full time now and doing very well. I am seeing more and more signs of my usual funny, happy go lucky self that I've not seen for so many yas. People in the office have definitely noticed and seem very happly for me. I still have the uncertainty about my job future but it's doable right now. I'm doing well in interviews so fingers crossed I get offered something permanent again soon.

About to sit down and watch a film before bed (another thing I didn't do whilst drinking). Tonight I'm watching Insomnia (with Robin Williams). I've heard it's very good.

B

Dee74 09-22-2015 04:36 PM

Congrats on your progress BBB great stuff :)