SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   90 Days of Healthy Habits Challenge (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/352272-90-days-healthy-habits-challenge.html)

unitedguy 12-05-2014 07:02 AM

Love it! I'm in!!!!! Here we go! 90 days!

phoebe64 12-05-2014 07:38 AM

Got a huge bag of kale in the fridge and some butternut squash. May roast the squash and use in a salad with the kale. "massaged" kale salad with a bit of EVOO and balsamic. Also add a few craisins(careful as they are very sugary) and raw sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds seeds.

Need to do the elliptical today.

Tons of cleaning to do, and right now, surfing Etsy for some crafting supplies needed for holiday gifts. Nurturing my creative side, lol. I make some simple jewelry.

anattaboy 12-05-2014 07:59 AM

My kids keep screaming for kale chips. Where has my head been? Of course I'll get some today. They also all 3 wanted the leg of KFC last nite. Geesh, I've been using white meat for years and they don't care for it. Finally a cheap, good protein source they will eat.

pattyj 12-05-2014 08:24 AM

I love this! I lost some weight after giving up alcohol. I then watched quite a few documentaries on Netflix about food, diet (especially in America), and being vegan. I then became vegetarian and dropped a few more pounds.
Then my face was breaking out nonstop and the facial person at a spa recommended that I look at my food intake again. I researched and found that daily consumption can lead to major breakouts as well as many other health related issues. It was very difficult but I cut out all dairy and dropped more weight.
A total of 30 pounds since I quit drinking over a year and a half ago. I am about 75% vegan because dairy can creep up in the weirdest places and I do enjoy fish every now and then.
I am a teacher so I am on my feet all day long but I started this 30 day ab challenge that I found on facebook. Situps, crunches, leg lifts and planks. You start off with a small amount and work your way up to more and more of each. It's really hard but definitely is showing what it can do.
Some people make fun of the way I eat but it could be because they are looking at what they eat and realizing how bad it is but I look and feel fantastic so who cares. :)

pattyj 12-05-2014 08:31 AM

I cut out coffee and now drink iced peppermint green tea with agave syrup, low glycemic. I am not much for exercising but I'm all about eating healthy. I subscribe to Clean Eating and Vegetarian Times magazines. If you eat meat, you can add it to any recipe in the Vegetarian Times.

JT0626 12-05-2014 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by pattyj (Post 5058813)
I cut out coffee and now drink iced peppermint green tea with agave syrup, low glycemic. I am not much for exercising but I'm all about eating healthy. I subscribe to Clean Eating and Vegetarian Times magazines. If you eat meat, you can add it to any recipe in the Vegetarian Times.

Patty, I learned something new with you! I didn't know there was a clean eating magazine!!!! *off to go subscribe*

pattyj 12-05-2014 09:06 AM

It's fantastic JT0626!!

anattaboy 12-05-2014 09:20 AM

Wow again! 17 minutes of calf killing mile. Remembered to take the baby aspirin earlier. Don't want to be a zealot statistic. I gotta give SR a lot of cred. Between this thread, the vaping thread I frequent (I would not be on the treadmill if still smoking), Secular and Newcomer forums, I would not be having the great recovery I am right now. And I thought I was gonna journal my taper and move on back in May. I'm here daily about as much as I was going to the store for booze before-a worthy trade-off. Thanks to all of you I really don't know but know your struggle. And VICTORIES!

JT0626 12-05-2014 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by anattaboy (Post 5058885)
Wow again! 17 minutes of calf killing mile. Remembered to take the baby aspirin earlier. Don't want to be a zealot statistic. I gotta give SR a lot of cred. Between this thread, the vaping thread I frequent (I would not be on the treadmill if still smoking), Secular and Newcomer forums, I would not be having the great recovery I am right now. And I thought I was gonna journal my taper and move on back in May. I'm here daily about as much as I was going to the store for booze before-a worthy trade-off. Thanks to all of you I really don't know but know your struggle. And VICTORIES!

:You_Rock_

I feel the same exact way!

CristinaN 12-05-2014 09:29 AM

Hey everyone. Day 5 of my Whole 30 plan. It's getting better but man do I still crave sugar. Fruit does help though. 45 minutes on the stairmaster along with 150 calf raises and 1 minute plank. I'm feeling good!!!! :)

SDH73 12-05-2014 10:23 AM

I drink a lot of water, usually right out of the tap so I can't really gauge how much of it I'm drinking. Just out of curiosity I bought a gallon jug of water the other day to see how much of it I would drink in 24 hours. It wasn't a challenge, just a measuring stick, so I drank normally.

I drank the whole thing plus a couple glasses of tap water in a single day!

Working out daily. Trying to eat reasonably throughout the day rather than wait until I'm STARVING and then eat everything in my kitchen!

Going to try and cut back on late night snacking. I've gotten into the habit of munching while I lay in bed at night watching netflix.

Also, not getting drunk!

Frixion 12-05-2014 11:54 AM

Today I went to a hard core body blast class at my gym. It was scary at first because I was unfamiliar with the class, but boy did that relieve my anxiety - thus helping me stay sober! Yay!

Deniselarkin 12-05-2014 09:05 PM

Taking my vit, and supplements , drinking more water. Living in Peace .

anattaboy 12-06-2014 06:37 AM

My wife had proposed you-tubing some beginner yoga for last nites before-the-movie-evening activity yesterday morning. I said I was in not expecting anything to come of it. After dinner she was ready. She invited 13 yr. old D but D declined (asked if I was doing it--think she thought I would say it's gay--I said I support all movement. So I found a streaming cosmic kids beginner series and wife, me and 4 yr.old D did 20 minutes of yoga for pre-schoolers. VICTORY!

anattaboy 12-06-2014 11:09 AM

Yesss! mile in 16:57 today AND dabbled in a little more yoga this morning with the wife. Conned her into doing .1 mile on the treadmill. Things are a lot different around here since we both quit nearly 6 months ago.

anattaboy 12-07-2014 04:26 PM

16:42 @ 3.6 mph and 20 min. of Cosmic kids Yoga with wife and 2 of 3 DD's. Winning.

anattaboy 12-07-2014 06:46 PM

My apologies for anyone I'm sure I offended in my first post yesterday. I could have worded that different.

Deniselarkin 12-08-2014 03:28 AM

Vit, and supplements , drinking more water , eating clean .

JT0626 12-08-2014 05:34 AM

This weekend, I over ate. :-( Back on my grind today!!! Started my day off with 30 ounces of water. Today I will be hopping on my treadmill for sure!

Soberwolf 12-08-2014 05:37 AM

Way to go JT