SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   90 Days of Healthy Habits Challenge (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/352272-90-days-healthy-habits-challenge.html)

JT0626 12-02-2014 04:41 AM

OMG.....we got more people that are in our 90 day healthy habits challenge.

If you drank water & didn't over eat, that's a victory! No matter how small your healthy victory is, please post it. Anything is better than drinking, so let's do this!

Last night I didn't get on the treadmill like I planned. I had to do an errand after work & got home quite late. So I had to rush & bathe my toddler & get her in bed then cook dinner for the hubs & I (my baby ate while we were out). I was done at 9pm. On a good note I did eat quite healthy last night: boiled egg, side of broccoli, & yogurt for dessert.

Let's keep this momentum going! Loving all my new healthy friends! :You_Rock_

Jipsee 12-02-2014 06:38 AM

I'm in. I start every morning with 16 oz of water before anything...gets everything moving:ExeJump: 2 cups of coffee max. I usually always eat healthy (mostly organic), minimal meat (2-3 times per week), lots of water and herbal teas throughout the day. Exercise consists of 3-4 mile run, strength training, stretching...5 times a week.

Lot's of positive affirmations...praying...meditating

This is how I attempt to show up in my life each day.

I am helping my daughter and her family through a major crisis, so have taken the week off of work. I'm very blessed to be able to do this for her. I live with less so that I can live more. This has been a process for me (lifelong), removing the self medication has helped tremendously.

For me, my health is of the utmost priority at this time. Mental, Spiritual and Physical

Cyber Hugs to all

phoebe64 12-02-2014 07:19 AM

I will jump in here. I need to exercise at least 5 times a week. I will strive for daily, but be happy with consistency.

I do a lot of healthy eating, but then I also cheat on snacks. I will plan to cut back or eliminate "mindless eating." You know, the kind where you just grab something because it is there or because you are giving some to the kids, so you have one. Only eating when hungry. I will try to stay at or under 100 carbs a day.

Another good one for me, if I can do it: Kitchen closes at 7pm. Only water or hot, calorie free drinks after that. If I must, I can have a cheese stick at 80 calories. No carbs.

yinzer 12-02-2014 07:50 AM

Yesterday I did 3.4 miles on the treadmill (I signed up for a 10k to be run in Feb, and I am NOT a runner). This morning I'm getting ready to head to yoga. Had a nice glass of water with half a lemon this morning, and made some raw buckwheat groat pudding with pumpkin and walnuts. Going to try to make fresh carrot/apple/celery juice later.
My other plan is to NOT buy any candy for the house!

CristinaN 12-02-2014 08:06 AM

Well yesterday I did 5.5 miles on the elliptical. I have cut out all sugar, dairy, wheat, and anything white. My body is mad at me right now but I know in a few days I'll feel amazing. Today I'll hit the gym for upper body strength training. Took my usual shot of apple cider vinegar and had 3 eggs and spinach for breakfast. Yummy. Keep it up everyone. :)

Jsbodhi 12-02-2014 09:22 AM

I had vega plant shake.
Had a good sleep, woke up early again :)
Cleaned my house, started organizing things, being a normal person.

JT0626 12-02-2014 10:40 AM

60 ounces of water today so far while I am at work. I ate a heavy lunch of rice & beans & sausage (homemade by me), so tonight light dinner. Still recording my calories on My Fitness Pal.

BTW, if someone is on My Fitness Pal & wants to be "healthy friends" with me - PM me & I will give you my username. :-)

Jsbodhi 12-02-2014 10:42 AM

I love my fitness pal!

JT0626 12-02-2014 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi (Post 5052872)
I love my fitness pal!

Right?!? It's the bomb.com!!!!!!

phoebe64 12-02-2014 11:03 AM

I have MFP. I have not been using it, but it is good when i do.

MissOverIt 12-02-2014 11:10 AM

I'm in!!

I have MFP and have used it with success, I'm planning on getting back on it. So far my plan is to try my best to drink 8 cups of water, eat healthy with some rewards but no food after 8pm. Also hot baths and time for rest when I need it. Even if that means rescheduling plans. This has been a trigger for me in the past- over booking and stressed then getting drunk.

snowbunting 12-02-2014 11:53 AM

Today's victories:

I ate healthily, and went for an energetic swim. I always drink tons of water, I could guzzle water for Scotland :)

newhope01 12-02-2014 02:54 PM

I stuck true to my word and completed 30 mins cardo, strength training, and consumed at least one healthy well balance meal.

My plan for the day:
60 mins cardio
Strength training (core)
No junk food and at least one well rounded meal.

So far, I got roped into to some OT and had some yummy vegetable soup at a local restaurant. I am hoping to have enough time for my work out still.

I still need to set up a dr's appt for my insomnia though.. I just cannot sleep and its making me irritable and posing as a hazard now since I was falling asleep behind the wheel today. Not good.

Erratic 12-03-2014 03:25 AM

Walked the dogs and had a bowl of porridge

anattaboy 12-03-2014 03:57 AM

Geez, I hijacked another thread cuz I was so stoked about my treadmill victory yesterday! I did a mile at full incline in 18:13. Let me back up and say Monday marks my 53rd year on this planet . I smoked 38 of them. Still vape. Started on treadmill a month ago at .25 mile, 2.5 mph, full incline. I'm now at 1 mile, 3.3 mph, full incline. Was more shooting for aerobic benefit as my heart is my main concern. Push-ups and squats are in the near future. If I can get a 45 min. high-intensity work-out in 3 times a week I will be happy. For now I can spare 18 min. evry day. Thanks for starting this on my birthday:)

phoebe64 12-03-2014 04:10 AM

Okay, yesterday was not the best. I had purchased a deep fryer a few weeks ago, just a cheap, small one for the occasional treat. My daughter has some food allergies and sometimes wishes she could have things out that she cannot, due to cross contact with her allergens. So, anyway, we made homemade french fries and then played with deep frying a few oreos. I had some french fries and sampled an oreo, not even a whole one, but, deep fried! Oh well.

Other than that, I was also very tired and busy with errands and dinner, and some tidying and never got onto my elliptical. So, today, that comes first, once my son gets off to school.

I have already had at least 16oz of water, broccoli salad in the fridge for lunch. I think dinner will be a salmon burger(no bread) and spring greens salad. May roast brussel sprouts as well. I will make something else for the kids and manbeast.

I have had an offer to try out a new, local gym, and may try to get there this week. Two weeks free. Nothing to lose if I get there. At my age, 50, I need to lift weights. we women lose so much muscle mass past the age of 40 and it only gets worse and worse. I feel that lately. My metabolism has slowed. I can see it my calves which are less firm and muscular.

JT0626 12-03-2014 05:55 AM

Still logging in my calories on MFP. Walked 30 minutes on the treadmill last night & got in 100 ounces of water yesterday.

Planning to do the same today. Keep up the good healthy habits, folks! I am getting inspired by all of you!!!

:You_Rock_

CNY46ER 12-03-2014 05:58 AM

I have begun a daily exercise routine, drinking more water, not ordering out, taking time to meditate and getting up a half hour earlier every morning to greet the day.

CristinaN 12-03-2014 06:49 AM

Anattaboy that is great progress!!!!

Phoebe today is a new day. At least you only sampled the Oreo.

JT I still need to friend you on my fitness pal. I'll do that today.

Cyn great plan.

Today I will keep on eating Whole 30. I'm having sugar withdrawals complete with massive headache but it keeps me focused on staying healthy. I know by the end of the week I'll feel awesome!!! I'm off to the gym. Today is 1 hour of cardio.

Deniselarkin 12-03-2014 06:54 AM

Drinking more water, eating clean, eating when hungry and. Stopping when comfortable . Taking my vit, and supplements .(milk thistle for liver health, ad john wort for mood)