SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   90 Days of Healthy Habits Challenge (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/352272-90-days-healthy-habits-challenge.html)

phoebe64 12-03-2014 02:19 PM

I had posted, but it seems lost. Oh well.

I did 33 minutes and 348.4 calories on my elliptical this morning. Yes, I am counting the 0.4, lol.

Ate pretty well, but had a sweet treat(Reese's PB cups) when out shopping, because I actually needed food. Should have brought a cheese stick with me. But if that is all the sugar I have all day, that is not horrible.

We are having tacos for dinner and I got low carb tortillas, and may even choose to do mine as a salad, and skip the tortilla.

yinzer 12-03-2014 04:27 PM

I wasn't feeling the run this morning, so I only got 20 minutes, but then I got on my mountain bike for a little bit. Yoga yesterday really left me sore!
Today I made a nice big pot of split pea soup for healthy eating!

My bad today was some chocolate covered toffee and peanuts that managed to find their way into my cart....and into my mouth.

Jipsee 12-03-2014 07:26 PM

Today I did not exercise, but I did eat healthy and played Candyland and Legos with my grandson. I breathed deeply, often .... overall a peaceful day. I'm grateful. Beating feet tomorrow!

strategery 12-03-2014 07:32 PM

I worked out today, made a pomberry smoothie, and have drank lots of tea today. Yesterday I didn;t work out, but I got a subway sandwich with veggies (I think that counts).

Deniselarkin 12-04-2014 01:51 AM

Taking my vit, and supplements . Drinking more water, and no sodas , eating clean . Struggling with getting exercise in , I will work on that.

Erratic 12-04-2014 04:05 AM

Walked the dogs had my porridge again. Now off to work again. Next week will be different as I won't be doing overtime.

anattaboy 12-04-2014 04:31 AM

Missed the treadmill altogether yesterday. Oh well, a mile today should be easy. May go for 1.25.

CristinaN 12-04-2014 04:36 AM

Morning everyone. So many healthy choices. It gives me great ideas. :).

Lower body workout for me today and more Whole 30 eating. Headache is gone so I think I'm over the worst. Thank goodness. :)

JT0626 12-04-2014 06:06 AM

I didn't get on the treadmill last night (Boo!) but I did stay within my calories/macros. I have already had 30 ounces of water this morning. I ate some Greek yogurt with chia seeds for breakfast. Lunch - I have a broiled pork chop with some sweet potato veggie hash.

I have to admit that I am very pleased that this thread is taking off the way it is. I think it is really important for me to replace my drinking habit with a good habit. Thank you all for rolling with me on this journey, every single one of you are the bomb.com!!!!

anattaboy 12-04-2014 10:21 AM

OK! Just did a mile, full incline in 17:09--a full minute faster than Tuesday's. It was tough but I feel like a million bucks right now. I'm gonna start marking my time sober with fitness wins. Today was yet another.

JT0626 12-04-2014 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by anattaboy (Post 5056917)
OK! Just did a mile, full incline in 17:09--a full minute faster than Tuesday's. It was tough but I feel like a million bucks right now. I'm gonna start marking my time sober with fitness wins. Today was yet another.

Awesome-sauce!!!!!! :a122:

SoberLeigh 12-04-2014 10:31 AM

Hi guys; I am really late to the party but I am in as long as I don't have to give up frozen M& Ms.

Had a handful of roasted, unsalted almonds this morning and put fresh blueberries on my cereal.

JT0626 12-04-2014 12:45 PM

Bumping up for the late crowd!

MsSola 12-04-2014 06:31 PM

This is such an awesome thread! I will continue to eat well and make my meals at home (If I don't I eat fast food all day) and will start to exercise! I will take my medication, drink water and keep juicing!

Hopeful2013 12-04-2014 06:36 PM

I'm in too. Actually, the one thing I am religious about is exercise, actually, I'm kinda addicted to it - as per my personality, but I believe exercise is a good addiction. Still, this post will keep me on track with my food habits which aren't quite as healthy!

phoebe64 12-04-2014 06:42 PM

I was under the weather today and did not do my elliptical. I did nap. I have a sore throat and was hoping to fight off the cold. I took a vitamin C drink and rested and ate well today. Chips are calling my name right now as is cold beer(husband's), but i am going to go to bed instead. I will read a bit up there.

JT0626 12-05-2014 04:41 AM

Awww, Phoebe, I hope you feel better soon. Rest up & take care of you. (((hugs)))

MsSola, glad to have you!

Hopeful, I have the opposite problem of you, I eat better but am not as religious or consistent with exercise. Need to work on that! ;-)

Last night, I was not so good. (oops!) I had some chicken strips from Popeyes. Will do better today!

HeadLump 12-05-2014 04:49 AM

I'm late to the party too but I think this is a fabulous thread! :)

I'm starting my 90 days today and I have been to yoga this morning and have eaten fruit :newangel:

anattaboy 12-05-2014 06:14 AM

Today I'm gonna do same as yesterday. I started at .25 mile at 2.5 mph. I've been upping distance or speed every day to get to 1 mile at 3.5mph. If the pulse monitor is close I'm between 120 and 150 bpm for the duration. Today's change will be a successive day as I've been skipping a day. If I can get to 20 min. daily for awhile I can make this a habit. Okay, I posted--I'll be back post-walk.

JT0626 12-05-2014 06:57 AM

30 ounces of water down!