SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 45 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/402222-one-year-over-part-45-a.html)

Saskia 01-01-2017 04:13 AM

FBL, wow - you're still a youngster :-)

Welcome Delilah and congrats on 1 year!

Itchy, I think we all expect miracles from surgery. Sometimes it does happen though usually it takes some time. Waiting is hard! Sending healing vibes your way.

Have a terrific first day of 2017, Overs :grouphug:

FBL 01-01-2017 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Saskia (Post 6270873)
FBL, wow - you're still a youngster :-)

God bless ya, Sassy!

ARTEMIS 01-01-2017 04:44 AM

Good morning.

I finally get to post in here. Today I am one year sober!

FBL 01-01-2017 04:52 AM

Welcome, Artemis! With all the new members lately, we'll have to build on to the "overs" clubhouse:)

Kris47 01-01-2017 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 6270442)
I've been guzzling coffee all night, but I may break down and have a nap, too. I've been busting my butt all day. Now that I've sat down, I'm crashing,

Try taking better care Gilmer. :)

Kris47 01-01-2017 05:19 AM

GOOD Morning Overs,

Welcome aboard and Congrats Delilah and Artemis!

Hope time makes your worries and disappointments disappear, Itchy. When being told of my healing from surgeries, I always double the time they tell me.

Happy Birthday in advance FBL! I'd start celebrating today! To be 51 again.

Have a great day today! Think on the Bright side of life! :)

Thanks for starting my day with a smile! I'm still singing along with you Itch.

Rusty Zipper 01-01-2017 05:28 AM

welcome to overs leash & rah

congrats on one year deli!

Ronnie Scott's is very well know sobe

toots, we had the crowd going,

when we hit them with old mack'y, they went nuts!

so there you have it fbl

Happy New Year Overs!

Gilmer 01-01-2017 06:11 AM

I'm sorry things are slow and frustrating, Itch. I hope you get real progress soon.

Glad you had a blast last night, Zip!

Congratulations, Delilah and Artemis. Welcome!

Mags1 01-01-2017 06:19 AM

Hi Delilah and Artemis, congratulations and welcome to the overs.

stargazer016 01-01-2017 06:52 AM

Warmest welcomes to leasha and rahrah and congrats on achieving a year without drinking! Pretty life changing, isn't it folks?

Happy New Year's Day everyone!

tootsl1 01-01-2017 08:10 AM

Sorry it's been such a sh1te week for you Itchy, let's hope the arrow points upwards from now on.

Delilah and Artemis!! Congratulations and welcome. And apologies if finally attaining 'Over' status is a bit of an anti-climax, half of us were asleep when you arrived!! Itchy will.... Well perhaps Itchy isn't up to it at the moment - but someone's will show you the Overs initiation dance,steps.

I went through to my room early to avoid starting the new year with a murder charge, today is too close to call for now, but if I suited orange I'd just think 'oh to heck with it' ..... :lmao:

Wolfie, poor Glen. Molly too suffered from the fireworks last night. Hopefully tonight is too cold and wet for any morons still holding bangers to go outside and let them off.

Zip, I never doubted it for a moment! Wish I was there to enjoy your sound. ( though I would probably have been curled up asleep in the cloakroom! )

I hope 2017 brings you all you need, some of what you want and none of what you dread. Xxx

Gilmer 01-01-2017 08:32 AM

How is your mom doing, Toots?

Saskia 01-01-2017 08:41 AM

Welcome and congrats on 1 year, Artemis!

Toots, picturing you in orange -hah :-). But sorry about the reason for thinking about it. I've never had an easy time with my family.

RZ, wish I could have heard you doing Mack the Knife :-)

Yes, Kris - for me Christmas was the 21st anniversary of my 51st birthday :dee

Dharma33 01-01-2017 09:16 AM

Welcome Delilah and Artemis!! Congrats on a year sober!

Itchy- I'm sorry to hear you are having a bit of a rough go with the outcome of your surgeries. I'll keep you and my thoughts and prayers that your healing continues and you are back at it, full speed ahead!

Rusty- I wish I could have heard your show! Your playlists always sound like a lot of fun.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

Pre-Happy Belly-Button Birthday, FBL!!!

venuscat 01-01-2017 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 6270747)
Happy New Year!

Today is officially one year sober for me, and I have been so excited to post in this thread. I feel like I have gained membership to an exclusive club.

Thank you to each of you for your support an inspiration on this thread. I look forward to continuing my journey with each of you!

❤️Delilah

http://www.picgifs.com/comment-gifs/...ns-1143259.gif

once again dearest Delilah. So very happy for you! :) :) :hug: ♥

venuscat 01-01-2017 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by ARTEMIS (Post 6270900)
Good morning.

I finally get to post in here. Today I am one year sober!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gGRLzC1MEh...atulations.gif

ARTEMIS!!!!! So happy for you too! :) :hug: ♥

stargazer016 01-01-2017 02:08 PM

Congrats Delilah!

Welcome to the Overs and congrats on one year! It is a major accomplishment .

Sorry things are not going as well as hoped Itchy. Patience is a virtue, if you have time and temperament.

Hi Suze!

Dee74 01-01-2017 04:08 PM

Congratulations and welcome Artemis :)

D

Delilah1 01-01-2017 07:56 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm excited to join with a Artemis, Leesha and Rah Rah.

Toots, looking forward to learning the dance moves. Glad you went to your room, orange is a hard color to pull off.

Itchy, I hope you are feeling better soon, and that the surgeries did what they were supposed to.

Have a gear night everyone!

❤️Delilah

tootsl1 01-02-2017 12:34 AM

Gilmer I'm worried about mom, she seems really frail. They have been investigating this dry cough of hers for over 2 years, currently treating reflux to see if that helps. She has been getting dizzy spells, but I feel a big part of it is the stress of my dad not being well. I'm doing what I can while I'm here, but it's not much.