SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 45 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/402222-one-year-over-part-45-a.html)

Soberwolf 12-31-2016 04:04 PM

Fireworks galore going off glen is in Mrs sw arms

Happy new year Overs all the best in this year of 2017

leasha24 12-31-2016 05:09 PM

No fireworks here yet.. still have 7 hours until new years in Washington State.

2016 was the best year of my life and I can't wait to get 2017 started!!

Kris47 12-31-2016 05:31 PM

http://magickalgraphics.com/Graphics...newyear101.gif

Saskia 12-31-2016 06:21 PM

Welcome to the Overs, Leasha and RahRah!

FBL, thanks for the video of Mack the Knife.

Have a great 2017 to all! I'm getting too old to stay up until midnight so will say "see you all next year" now. :grouphug:

Gilmer 12-31-2016 06:34 PM

I've been guzzling coffee all night, but I may break down and have a nap, too. I've been busting my butt all day. Now that I've sat down, I'm crashing,

Dharma33 12-31-2016 06:48 PM

Hi, Overs!!

Welcome, Leasha & rah rah! 'Grats on one year!

Kris :hug:

Bunny :hug: hope today you are feeling a bit better and glad to see you! I love this corner of SR. :)

Well, we had some friends and their kids over last night for a casual get-together. It was very nice and a great group of people. The kiddos just ran in a pack and had fun just being rambunctious- the grown folks played a few rounds of Catch Phrase. Lots of good laughs!

Tonight we are just staying in- Nerf 'fights' with the kids and the game "Pie Face" is on the docket. Ha! The drum set is a hit...be, da dum! They are enjoying it (and mom and dad maybe a little, too!).

The small humans in my house want to try to make it until midnight, so by default I hope to also. Then SLEEP! YAY!

I agree, Itch- the world doesn't change, but we do. Earlier tonight I brought some food over to our local Alano club for the Alcathon buffet, and just spent some time chatting with folks who felt they had no where to go today or felt like picking up a drink. When drinking, I sometimes had good intentions, which I always thought were enough- but now it's my actions that change my attitude.

Happy 2017, Overs!!! I wish you all a safe, sober and wonderful year!!!

Dee74 12-31-2016 06:52 PM

welcome Leasha and Rahrah :)

D

GroundhogDay 12-31-2016 07:06 PM

Happy New Year everyone! Husband and I are already in bed even though it is only 10 p.m. on December 31, 2016. What can I say, we are early to bed and early to rise.

Gilmer 12-31-2016 07:11 PM

Good to see you, GHD!

Itchy 12-31-2016 08:24 PM

Hey all,
Rough week and it is all just life. I tried to respond twice but it wasn't in my heart. I was brain dead. I have had some issues with everyone here when the reality is I am worried that my surgeries that I cannot afford to repeat this year have gone south and are actually worse than before in my neck and back. However, I have been told this happens, and may be fine in a few months. I go for a PT eval Monday then start letting the physical terrorists hurt me three times a week.

Anyway the eyes are getting marginally better close up but I need the Dollar Tree reading glasses for what I used to read easily and totally clearly. my distance vision is better than it has been since I was 30! If he can get the near vision good not perfect I will be great!

I am used to kicking arse and taking names, not puttering. I can tone up yet, not all can at my age so all will be fine If I can just stop being impatient.

Boring!

Congrats on four years LDT old friend! And glad to know your pup is doing well yet! We lout Skylar in the last year and if not for Maggie our hearts would have broken. She was glad for us and was very withdrawn looking for Skylar to return. Now she goes with me everywhere she can. And she is the perfect lady much loved by the folks at the businesses we frequent. She is well behaved and not shy or all over folks just polite and gentle with humans.

Glee and FBL hope you guys feel better.

GHD!

Kris you too!

Thanks Dharma!

Andy,
:tyou

FBL,
you have a full life and never work a day doing what you love much like me and RZ. You can do 50 hours EZ methinks.

Toots,
I hope your dad can recover and be his old PITA again. I just knew you would say no apologies necessary. Did you get back home yet?

Sassy,
Glad you got around the jerk without dropping down to his level. I am so sorry you felt so defenseless for a bit there. Welcome back to balanced!

Hi Wolf and Carlos.

RZ,
That is a great classic to add to your playlist! My era of Rock too!

Welcome Rah Rah and Leasha! Grats on making it this far!

Mags good on you too! I agree.

Star,
I am with you guys. IT was 24/7 some months in the military and after retiring from that I did 18 hour days six days a week designing and siting and doing the plans for metal buildings and barns. Five years and I had enough fun so I retired. I think many of us need the distractions of a busy day to stay in touch with life, especially ours, rather than isolate. I am isolated now but that is by doctor's orders. Typing at a desk is tough and I hate reading glasses!!
It is just now 10:15 PM Central US time. so soon here too.

So when you are down remember the meaning of life here are two for ya for 2017!

Life is never going to be perfect!

and remember to . . .

Happy New Year friends and sobriety buddies!
:You_Rock_

Dee74 12-31-2016 08:27 PM

I hope that ultimately the surgeries will improve your quality of life and won't have to be re-done Itch.

I know it's not a good place to be in when you're not sure of the outcome but I have a good feeling about things for you :)

D

Itchy 12-31-2016 08:29 PM

Dee.
I've that belief too. I just want to now! Thanks for reminding me old buddy.

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/rememb.gif

venuscat 12-31-2016 09:31 PM

http://bestanimations.com/Holidays/N...imated-gif.gif

beautiful Overs!! :hug: ♥

Mags1 01-01-2017 12:26 AM

Hi overs

Itchy, I hope all is well from the surgery. Baby steps X

Delilah1 01-01-2017 01:09 AM

Happy New Year!

Today is officially one year sober for me, and I have been so excited to post in this thread. I feel like I have gained membership to an exclusive club.

Thank you to each of you for your support an inspiration on this thread. I look forward to continuing my journey with each of you!

❤️Delilah

feeling-good 01-01-2017 01:55 AM

Congrats and welcome Delilah! :)

Happy New Year overs :D

Dee74 01-01-2017 02:07 AM

Welcome Delilah :)

D

Treerat66 01-01-2017 02:54 AM

Happy New Year Overs!

A special welcome to leasha24, rahrah and Delilah1.

Itchy I hope the bumps in your recovery get flattened out.

Have a great year everyone.

gatorman 01-01-2017 03:11 AM

Congrats Delilah...awesome!!!! I know you are proud.

FBL 01-01-2017 03:40 AM

Welcome, Delilah! So happy for you:)

Itch, sorry that you're feeling a bit down about the surgeries. Good things come to those that wait and all of that.

Zip, how'd the gig go last night? Did ya actually get to swing on "Mack The Knife"???

I thought I was over my little cold, but it knocked me on my butt a bit yesterday. I broke down and got some cold meds and went to bed at 6PM! That seemed to knock it out. I'm a go-go kinda guy and I hate it when something slows me down.

Have a couple of days to kick back and relax. Today is New Year's Day and tomorrow (Jan. 2) is my chronological birthday. Yep, the big 51. Really just another day for me. In some ways, my sober birthday (June 22) actually means more to me these days.

Hope that 2017 treats ya'll kindly!