SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 45 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/402222-one-year-over-part-45-a.html)

FBL 12-30-2016 03:46 AM

Sassy, sending you hugs today. My Mom is in the memory care unit, and she's had to put up with a couple of characters. Luckily, the staff is quick to react to any potential problems and were able to nip them in the bud. Glad you're feeling better:)

Yesterday, one of my co-workers officially retired. My boss doesn't plan on hiring anybody else, so I'll be taking over more duties. I may ask for more hours, so that also means more pay. I love my work, so hopefully I can handle the extra hours. During my drinking days, I worked 60 hours per week and that was too much. I'm thinking 50 is very doable. We'll see what the new year brings.

Have a Fab Friday, overs!

Treerat66 12-30-2016 04:00 AM

Good morning Overs.

Hi LDT, congratulations on 4 years :c011: :c011: :c011:

Hugs for Saskia and anyone else who needs one.

Have a good day everyone.

Soberwolf 12-30-2016 04:38 AM

Congratulations FBL

:hug: Saskia

Rusty Zipper 12-30-2016 04:55 AM

way to go LTD!

perhaps a swift knee sass? lol

and keep that balance up fbl

stargazer016 12-30-2016 05:34 AM

Sorry about your situation Saskia. It's like living next door to a neighbor that you just can't stand. You try to avoid them all the time, and it ends up cramping your life. I am glad you just blew up and tried to deal head on with it! Congrats on handling the stress without drinking!

FBL, I work five ten hour days a week, and in all honesty, I hardly notice the difference between an eight or ten hour day. I much rather work 5 tens than six eight hour days, like I did for years. Good luck moving forward!

Have a great day all!

Saskia 12-30-2016 05:51 AM

Thanks much for the support. It helps me get out of my hole! RZ, I'd love to but don't want to deal with assault charges :lmao

FBL, the staff here is good but in independent living they don't usually interfere.

tootsl1 12-30-2016 07:16 AM

Sass I always thing when someone is mean it says more about them. This guy is a prize Asshat ( yay Zip a fab of mine too!) and you can tell him that from me! I'm glad you handled it alright in the end and I'm truly glad Jeni was there for you.

Bunny, I am glad you got comfort from the words here, it's good to see you are looking out of yourself to help others too.

I'm pretty busy just now got an unexpected journey to make and a few days down at my folks. Will be aroubd though.

Hugs all x

Gilmer 12-30-2016 07:38 AM

Be sure to check in here often for the sake of your sanity, Toots!

We all know how obnoxious your father can be! :fright:

Saskia 12-30-2016 07:39 AM

Oh my, I'm recovering from rolling on the floor laughing. I found out that the Asshat used to be on the Heath & wellness committee and suggested that it be put in the contract that all residents be required to take a daily aspirin. When everyone else voted it down, he quit the committee .... hear the Twilight Zone music?!

Kris47 12-30-2016 08:24 AM

What comes around goes around, Sassy. :)

Congrats on the new changes and Good Luck, FBL!

Toots, safe travels.

Have a GOOD one evrybody!

Gilmer 12-30-2016 10:53 AM

Toots, please excuse the above remark. I had no idea that your dad was ill.

I am sorry. Not everything's a joke. :hug:

Soberwolf 12-30-2016 01:53 PM

Enjoying early nights were watching Bill Burr's 'you people are all the same' on Netflix he's funny

Goodnight Overs x

gleefan 12-30-2016 02:05 PM

LDT - Congrats on 4 years! Terrific job!

Saskia - How nice that you realized you can choose to exit the madness. This guy is clearly not firing on all cylinders. Sometimes when dealing with impossible people I think the right thing to do is pack up and walk away. Isolation is a biggie for me. I'm glad you wrote about reaching out because it made me reach out to my sponsor about something that was bothering me.

Bunny - As you can see there lots of good advice and support to be found here. Sometimes I just need to write it down and have a fresh set of eyes read it. Other times I figure out the answer as I'm writing and end up deleting it. Having a forum to pose the question puts me in problem solve mode the way a diary never could.

Toots - Safe travels. I hope all is ok.

I've had the flu this week, which has been very uncomfortable! To add to it, when I get sick I feel anxious and depressed. This threw back to a time in my childhood and adolescence when I struggled with untreated panic disorder / agoraphobia. News of George Michael's passing added to it - he came on the music scene around the time all of this was happening to me.
I was flooded with memories I'd long suppressed, forgotten, and attempted to let go by various physical sensations and music. And it happened on Christmas which is a highly emotional holiday.

There's no point to my story, except to say that I've had a really hard few days. Last night I finally felt well enough to call my sponsor. I don't want to drink, thankfully. This shook me up.

I'm stressed and busy. And I'm ticked off that I'm stressed. I need to do a better job conserving my energy and make room for happiness and fun.

Saskia 12-30-2016 03:01 PM

Glee :hug:

None of us will have perfect days no matter how thoughtful we are! Life happens. I don't always roll with it as I'd like to do but I'm learning and always will be learning until I breathe my last. Sometimes I need more alone time to pull myself together but I'm finding that there's a fine line between some restorative alone time and isolating. And sometimes I'm in too miserable a place to realize what I'm doing. So I also need to learn to forgive myself :dee

Kris47 12-30-2016 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by gleefan (Post 6267850)
LDT - Congrats on 4 years! Terrific job!

Saskia - How nice that you realized you can choose to exit the madness. This guy is clearly not firing on all cylinders. Sometimes when dealing with impossible people I think the right thing to do is pack up and walk away. Isolation is a biggie for me. I'm glad you wrote about reaching out because it made me reach out to my sponsor about something that was bothering me.

Bunny - As you can see there lots of good advice and support to be found here. Sometimes I just need to write it down and have a fresh set of eyes read it. Other times I figure out the answer as I'm writing and end up deleting it. Having a forum to pose the question puts me in problem solve mode the way a diary never could.

Toots - Safe travels. I hope all is ok.

I've had the flu this week, which has been very uncomfortable! To add to it, when I get sick I feel anxious and depressed. This threw back to a time in my childhood and adolescence when I struggled with untreated panic disorder / agoraphobia. News of George Michael's passing added to it - he came on the music scene around the time all of this was happening to me.
I was flooded with memories I'd long suppressed, forgotten, and attempted to let go by various physical sensations and music. And it happened on Christmas which is a highly emotional holiday.

There's no point to my story, except to say that I've had a really hard few days. Last night I finally felt well enough to call my sponsor. I don't want to drink, thankfully. This shook me up.

I'm stressed and busy. And I'm ticked off that I'm stressed. I need to do a better job conserving my energy and make room for happiness and fun.

Just sending love your way.

Kris47 12-30-2016 05:23 PM

Goodnite Dear Ones.

Lots of food for thought here.

Tomorrow is a new day though. :)

Sweet Sober Dreams.

Mags1 12-30-2016 11:18 PM

Morning overs

Hope you're feeling better Gleefan.:hugs:

New Year's Eve. We're not going anywhere tonight, but we will watch the fireworks from around the world.

Hope it's a good weekend for all, friends :grouphug:

Soberwolf 12-30-2016 11:52 PM

Get well soon Glee

Happy new year's eve everyone wishing the best in everything for everyone in 2017 thank you all for being a part of my life & recovery

tootsl1 12-31-2016 12:32 AM

Gilmer no apology needed - no offence taken - ill or not he's a perpetual pain in my ass!
Actually poor old sod is suffering just now, he has a vile chest infection and because he has taken so many anti biotics over time, nothing seems to have effect. He is getting better slowly but it all puts a strain on a badly functioning heart.

Glee, don't be so hard on yourself dear one. You gave a whole list of ingredients that fell into this particular melting pot, that totally explained why you would feel discombobulated , yet you tell yourself off for feeling stressed. Hello? Would you be so hard on someone else who just told you the same thing? And quote "I don't want to drink, thankfully" unquote well sweetie, doesn't that just say it all! Make your New Years resolution to be a little kinder to yourself. In fact, show yourself the same patience, generosity of spirit and loving support you show everyone here on SR. Go on. You deserve it!

Sass, it doesn't surprise me in the least. As for isolating, I am bad at that. But I wonder, Although humans are social animals we traditionally lived in small groups, I think we become a little overwhelmed with large numbers. And although you like the OFH you live at, you never had the choice of who you share it with. And these guys have a lifetime of ingrained behaviour, so if something rubs your fur up the wrong way - they ain't gonna change now. Sometimes retreat is the better part of valour.
Plus, you have all us fulfilling many of your spiritual, mental and emotional needs, and you are not going to go around hugging random old folk for physical contact, so I guess it's understandable why sometimes it feels pointless going out. Maybe rethink borrowing someone's dog to exercise it though. I've made many happy aquaintances walking Molly.

Happy, Safe and Sober New Year Overs.

Soberwolf 12-31-2016 01:07 AM

Were off out x