SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/161109-class-november.html)

lostbutterfly 11-15-2008 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by veronicaelectro (Post 1984462)
Hi all.
New here.
I am an opiate addict and have been for a number of years. I have chronic back and leg pain...and when my mom passed away I used the hydro to numb everything. I was off of it and on Suboxone for about a month but I guess I thought I was missing something and went back to using the damn things. I phoned the Dr. and he is out of town and they will not let me back on until at least Tuesday. In the meantime I only have a small supply of hydros I am continuing to use because I'm a business owner and HAVE GOT to work. I FEEL AWFUL and I cannot lay down. I am in financial ruin right now and I have to keep on going. Anyone got any suggestions that might help me stop taking these things to at least take some of the edge off so that I can keep working? Hopefully, the Dr. will see I am SO VERY SERIOUS about never doing this again and give me the suboxone on Tuesday. :e088:

Go post and read on the Substance Abuse forum. Opiates are by far the most common drug being given up there and there is a lot of knowledge and support. I'm the lightweight of the forum, only addicted to codeine, and what a little b*tch that is proving to kick!

Officially over 24 hours since my last pills and starting to feel a bit yucky and restlesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

Ananda 11-15-2008 01:47 PM

why are your bouncy bubbles labeled killers LB??????

OOOPS sorry wrong thread!

rubycanoe 11-15-2008 04:40 PM

day 7

I made it to day 7, one week tonight. My sobriety date is 11/09/2008. I hope and pray I can do it this time, I hope for all of your sobriety also , we can do it together!:praying:Val004::newbe:

Pixy1 11-15-2008 05:57 PM

RC well done, you are doing just great :ghug3

lostbutterfly 11-15-2008 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by ananda (Post 1984705)
why are your bouncy bubbles labeled killers LB??????

OOOPS sorry wrong thread!

:lmao
LOL!!! The bubbles are meant to be and my 3 kids, all happy like! The Killers is the name of the band which sings the lyrics I've written in my signature. The spacing is all wrong, I know, it's confusing.

Edit: went and fixed it - it was bugging me too!

lostbutterfly 11-15-2008 06:03 PM

Day 2, since it is 2am here. I'm awake, bright eyed and bushy tailed. I have had NO w/d's at all except for insane restlessness and insomnia. You think I would at least of got a headache.

Well, I think I should go lie down and see if sleep comes.

Pixy1 11-15-2008 06:30 PM

LB I cant sleep either :a043:

wibble 11-16-2008 01:43 AM

My alarm went off again in the middle of the night...

I love having my sleep disturbed its magic!

:)

Hows everyone doing today?

lostbutterfly 11-16-2008 02:14 AM

Well, I'm up, grumpy and tired. Plus hot flushes from stopping the codeine. Either that or I am going through the menopause, lol!

allport 11-16-2008 02:42 AM

Those hot flushes are great aren't they mine were so bad last week that I asked my doctor if she thought I might having a premature menopause, she laughed at me and I dont blame her, I dont think premature menopause causes shakes and vomiting etc, does it?

Pixy1 11-16-2008 05:26 AM

Afternoon all. I survived the Paint Balling, but OMG!! does it hurt. I actually only got hit twice and one of them was by my own son in my own team? Never again!

wibble 11-16-2008 05:38 AM

told you ;-)

colagirl 11-16-2008 07:39 AM

Made the wrong decision again.

:a043:

Ananda 11-16-2008 07:54 AM

uncola girl!!!! Just get right back up here on the wagon with us....we will helpy you up!

Use any of that stuborness you have to insist on getting right back in the game.

Something I saw on the secular thread a while back....AFTER your hangover clears a little....go back through your day yesterday and look at each decision you made and how you got to the place where you drank....the further back you can trace to where it started to go the wrong direction the better....

We can stop the action any time prior to the moment the alchohol or drugs enters our system, but one of the benifits of expereince is to look and see the decisions that led to the decisions that led to the decisions....it's cause and effect and it can become our ally

love you cola :ghug3

colagirl 11-16-2008 08:50 AM

Thanks Ananda. I think a major underlying problem is that my recovery thinking doesn't have a "no matter what" clause. I'll be determined and committed until something stressful happens and then I let that supercede the not drinking. Sort of a "except in extraordinary circumstances" clause, with a broad interpretation of "extraordinary".

Eclipse 11-16-2008 12:35 PM

Hi all, how ya doing?

Pixy: I can imagine paint balls hurting! I think I'll pass!

Feeling good today. Went major grocery shopping, my kids always complain we have nothing to eat at home...just cuz there is no chips and soda! I am really trying to plan for the week so I can stay out of the grocery store...that is bad for me to walk and decide just one little "milkbox" of wine!

Have a great day...I am going to get my kids outside to help me rake leaves!

Pixy1 11-16-2008 02:14 PM

Hurts not the word lol

Planning is the way to go eclipse. Keep doing what you are doing, It's working :ghug3

colagirl 11-16-2008 02:31 PM

Hi all,
Good job Eclipse! Sounds like you're doing it right this time. Perhaps I could take a lesson from you... I had three of the "milkboxes" yesterday. Might as well have just bought bottles, but that's not good alkie logic.

I need a plan of action for stress triggers. Something to shut down the "I don't care"s and "this is a special situation"s. In the moment it always feels like there's no way to counteract it.

Pixy1 11-16-2008 02:38 PM

Guys what is this milkbox thing? is it wine in cartons?

Mine comes in bottles or boxes that hold around 3 bottles, I dont buy the box incase I drink it all but I will buy a bottle or two? :a043:

Eclipse 11-16-2008 02:59 PM

Hey Pixy,

The "milkcartons" are fairly new around here, but they are little boxes that only hold about 3 glasses of wine, not even a whole bottle. So I was buying those to justify not drinking a "whole" bottle, but colagirl and I end up going and buying another one, then you end up drinking 1 1/2 bottles of wine!! Stupid alkie logic!

Hang in there Colagirl! And don't take any lessons from me! I am just wobbling my way through this too. I'm just keep focusing how good I feel right now and how I feel when I drink a bunch of wine that doesn't even particularly taste good anymore.