SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/161109-class-november.html)

wibble 11-19-2008 03:44 PM

You've got to love the wibble!

Originally Posted by ananda (Post 1990139)
Pixy.....sorry ... I hope no one hits a real rough patch without SR support :(

you might set up the emergency site now for later use and also, if you have aim or ***** just pm me and we will be sure we have a conection there too.

Love you all....well then there is wibbly....he's walking a fine line here....awwww but i still love him toooo :ghug3

lostbutterfly 11-19-2008 03:50 PM

Time for bed peeps, night! Will I sleep tonight? That is the question.

Hope everyone made it to the end of the day, sober or not. Luv ya. LB xxx

Pixy1 11-19-2008 03:57 PM

Night LB xxx

Ananda 11-19-2008 04:39 PM

Pix,

instant messaging

aim is aol instant messaging and ***** has it too.

in your web browser type aim.com and it will take you to a place to download and step you throgh the process.

if you type in *****.com it has a link to instant messaging and i think it steps you through the registration process fairly easily.

The emergency room is Recovery Forum - Home

it is a backup forum for this one when this one goes down...not many used it last down time, but a few of us did...had some giggles, but we can do serious in need stuff too.

colagirl 11-19-2008 06:13 PM

See, I miss all the fun here! You guys get to chat all day and I come here and talk to myself all evening. Woe is me!

Glad the doctor went well, LB, I'm proud of you! Sorry you're struggling Pix, I'm still sorting out (as you Brits would say) the forum after the upgrade too.

I'm having another argument with the addict voice tonight. Had to go to the grocery store, somehow talked myself out of buying alcohol despite my best efforts to convince myself otherwise. Now I'm home and the cat meds were easy tonight so I've no reason to be so sober... right?? Ugh!! Shut up stupid voice!

End of this particular ramble then... goodnight to the rest of you lot!

colagirl 11-19-2008 06:15 PM

Oh - Ananda, about tricking the cat... I made the mistake of feeding her before the meds, so she wasn't that hungry and didn't really want to eat the treat I hide her pills in. She kept licking off the treat part and leaving the pill. So I had to take one of them (she takes two) and crush it in gravy from wet food, then feed it to her off of my finger in order to get her to eat it. The second one I had to cut into small pieces and wait awhile till she was more interested in the treats, then I just hid each piece in one so she'd be less likely to spit it out. Hmmm... who is it that runs this place again??

Ananda 11-19-2008 07:47 PM

cola girl.....hope you found my post on another thread for you! It's like hide and seek...see if you can find it :)

colagirl 11-19-2008 08:44 PM

Hmmm, let me guess that it's over at that insane trivial question thread. Oh wait, I mean Just a Quite Trivial Question Really. I think. I'll go take a look there now.

PS - going to bed soon, sober once again. Still don't see my smilies.

wibble 11-20-2008 12:09 AM

Morning everyone. Hope you are all well

Loving how I feel in the mornings, I struggle a little to fall asleep but I sleep so deeply when I do fall asleep.

I might have to start hitting the Nytol to send me off!

lostbutterfly 11-20-2008 12:41 AM

I've been Nytolling every night since my little relapse. The worst thing about sleeping on alcohol was the waking up at 3am, on the dot in my case.

Sleep like a little baby on opiates. Nytol makes you groggy though

wibble 11-20-2008 03:30 AM

Hmmm missing posts again

wibble 11-20-2008 04:45 AM

Anyway what i'd posted was.....

I don't seem to get groggy after nytol, Tylenol PM ...now they gave me a groggy head... Although having said that I used to take them with vodka so that might have had some influence on things!!!!!!

lostbutterfly 11-20-2008 04:48 AM

Me too. Wine, codeine, and two sleep aid. Stops you waking up at wretched 3am! Unfortunately, also stops you waking up at 7am, 8am, 9am etc.

Ananda 11-20-2008 05:11 AM

My biggest problem with getting to sleep right now is SR!!!!!

It is also the reason I am late to work

OK OK SR doesn't make me ... it's my obsession with all of you :)

I have to be ready to leave in 1/2 hour cause I'm taking my car in for work and I will be late to work...better check that we have office covered

bye

lostbutterfly 11-20-2008 05:13 AM

I'm very addicted to SR too nands! A terrible affliction. I use it at work and at home and neglect my duties - but it is keeping me sane! Or maybe I just feel sane compared to some of the folks on here, lol!!

wibble 11-20-2008 05:23 AM

Yeah i'm pretty addicted to this nonsense as well!

JigOvLife 11-20-2008 09:02 AM

Wow LB, I can really relate to that 3-4 a.m, alcohol wake up call, then it's at least an hour's racing brain until I can sleep again.
Just re-established relatively normal sleeping patterns, the night sweats and the electric brain-shocks weren't mithering me last night.
Now as long as I hibernate and avoid anything other than the bare minimum, social contact necessary, I should have a chance of getting some weeks under my belt.
My resolve's returning again as my mind speeds up but, for me, the plans, patterns and general bonhomie of sober living, revert straight back to square 1 with even a week's slip.

Still baffled and lost, a lot's happened since that big relapse at the end of September. There's emotional wreckage to be dealt with and the threat of more 'F--- it!' moments to come (My major pick up temptations are always related to loneliness or the need to lubricate social situations...what then follows are the endless cans and wine bottles drunk alone, in La-La land, chuntering and giggling myself to sleep.)

Ah well, day 4 and I think I'm gonna enjoy my relegation from the class of July to the class of November...I like the way you roll, folks.

Take care.

lostbutterfly 11-20-2008 10:16 AM

Giggling yourself to sleep - lol!!! Have you ever had heated debates with yourself in the mirror - when your reflection is as p*ssed and out of order as you are!!??

allport 11-20-2008 10:59 AM

The sad thing is when i used to argue with myself i didnt always win!

wibble 11-20-2008 11:25 AM

It was always 5am for me. On the dot like an broken record. I've woken up to the sound of my alarm every day this week, wonderful... well maybe wonderful is going a bit far to wake up to Chris Moyles on the radio but you know what I mean.

Just had a strange experience I want to share with my fellow lovely SR'ers.

Had a late afternoon meeting in a cafe/bar kinda place (look I know it seems like I do all my meetings in bars LB but the thing is the city where I live has a really big cafe/bar culture so if you are going to meet someone it tends to be in a bar!!!!)

Anyway, had meeting both me and my meeting had coffee's (Normally anytime past 11am I would have had lager regardless of what my meet'ee(!) would have had). Felt really good no cravings, thought at lot of the people looked a bit stupid with their red faces etc. All cool.

I then left and was struck by the strongest craving, really deep seated hunger to drink. I waited for my train desperate to drink, trying to come up with an excuse of why I "should" drink. But just then a women gets onto the train clutching her baby and a can of high strength lager, bright red face, blood shot eyes just a total mess. I turn my head and the guy stood next to me has a can of stella in his hand..again he just looked a state. Bam....

The cravings were gone.

I don't want to be those people

Who needs meetings when there's network rail?

:)