SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/161109-class-november.html)

wibble 11-12-2008 03:17 PM

They fear the wibble...

So the threads were moved so they didn't confuse newcomers but you're a newcomer and it confused you when they were moved?

Cool.....!

:)

colagirl 11-12-2008 04:57 PM

Hi everyone,
Well, I successfully drove home without stopping for wine. Wanted to really, really badly, and kept telling myself "this is stupid, you're just going to go back out in five minutes and get some anyway". But I promised you all I would not, and I didn't. Now I'm home, still really want to drink, but I think I will make a couple of phone calls, look around on the net a little and see how I feel.

Pixy - good job on the soda with dinner - excellent!!

Welcome back, Wibble!

Eclipse - omg, I cannot tell you how many excuses I have related to those stupid vendange boxes! Sometimes I buy one too early in the evening and drink it too fast, then I have to go back out and get another for the rest of the evening... so instead of 2/3rds of a bottle, I end up drinking a bottle and a 3rd. I also drink them faster than a bottle because I can't see how much is left (like a refined alcoholic, I don't bother with a glass). So either I have to get it late enough that it will take me through the evening, or I make the excuse that I don't want to have to go back out again, so I buy an actual bottle instead. The lengths I go to...

wibble 11-13-2008 01:31 AM

Morning people!

Well done Colagirl, not sure what a vendange box is though? It sounds a bit like something out of Buffy the vampire slayer. Is it like a box of wine or something? Or a place to hold demons?

I could be either British and missing the point or stupid and missing the point. I'd be happy with either!

I know this is stupid (see above) but I can never get over how much better I feel in a morning when I haven't been drinking the night before!!! It always amazes me. I actually feel able to get up and get going straight away.... how mad is that?

Hope everyone has a good day.

Big hugs and kisses

Wibble

allport 11-13-2008 01:46 AM

Wibble I think it must be your britishness because i didnt have a clue either, I suppose that means we might both be stupid, but what are the chances! Enjoyed the buffiy reference, those imaginary people have kept me company through some very long nights! Im a newbie here but i would like to say ive enjoyed your posts I havent had much to laugh at recently and im glad i havent forgotten how. X

wibble 11-13-2008 02:17 AM

Thank you allport thats nice of you to say!

I reckon its something out of Buffy, maybe season 3/4 where it all get a bit weird. Although it could be Angel... now that is a messed up program!

Or it could be some kind of wine box, but I thought they had about 1.5 ltr's in them?

Can some American please wake up and put us out of our misery please?

Thanks in advance

Snuggles

Wibble

colagirl 11-13-2008 06:53 AM

Slightly awake American here... good morning!
You guys are cracking me up! Vendange is a winery (I guess) and they make these little boxes of wine that hold 500 ml (so two thirds of a real bottle). They're kind of the shape and size of a little carton of milk. I usually can only find them at convenience stores like Plaid Pantry or 7/11. My theory is that they make them for alcoholics. I don't know who else would drink them.

colagirl 11-13-2008 06:54 AM

... see? I think your Buffy story was much more interesting...

:lmao

wibble 11-13-2008 08:09 AM

So basically what you are saying is they are milk cartons full of booze?

Only in America!

:)

I have to say i prefer my Buffy story. I just thought you kept spelling vengeance wrong!

I love the idea of you buying that rather than a full bottle...proper alco logic!!!!

I used to buy 8 cans of beer and then only drink 7 to prove that i was in control... well that was until i nailed the wine and perhaps to be civilized a gin & tonic (or 6)

Ananda 11-13-2008 09:44 AM

Hate to burst your bubble wibble but I'm american and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about...so it must be the stupid thing :)

The blood sugar thing can be quite a problem. I found that was part of the whole physical craving aspect of my alchoholism. I'm diabetic, but yesterday they said my 3 month average was within normal!!!!! amazing how much easier it is for your body to function properly when you aren't drinking! And all that physical stuff really effects the emotional and mental.

Cola...you sound pretty up beat today :ghug3

glad you found the class Bam!

Pixy....thanks for hangin in there through the quiet spell

Well, I better shut up...this isn't even my class!!!!! :lmao

PS: hey wibbly we need your help and humor on the just a trivial question thread...it has not yet made it to the safe harbor of this section so it is still under newcomers.

colagirl 11-13-2008 10:25 AM

Wibble - yep, milk cartons filled with booze is fairly accurate... sad, isn't it?

Ananda - clearly you were never a sophisticated milk carton wine drinker like Eclipse and me. ;) I am feeling upbeat today and I don't really know why. I feel like I have a little more resolve this morning, but I'm cautious about saying it because I seem to think that a lot and end up back in the same place. Oh well, for this moment, I am sober!

Eclipse 11-13-2008 10:45 AM

Hey guys,

Luckily I didn't go for the milk carton wine last night, but I am feeling very anxious and crappy and grumpy today.:rohno!:. I did not sleep well last night and my neck and shoulders are so tight it hurts. I haven't been drinking as much as when I quit the first time in September, but I guess I am having some withdrawals. I am at work and my boss is out of town, which you think would be a good thing, but I cannot get myself to get busy and get anything done which causes more stress! URG!

I've gone for 2 walks and am drinking chamomile tea, and I need to eat more...anyway, sorry for the complaining! Hope you all are doing better!

wibble 11-13-2008 10:55 AM

Eclipse my dog needs walking... feel free to take him out! You can walk as much as you want with him!!!!

Look at it this way, milk cartons filled with booze... or a life.

colagirl 11-13-2008 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by wibble (Post 1981580)
Look at it this way, milk cartons filled with booze... or a life.

That is excellent. I should frame it and hang it somewhere.

Eclipse - sorry you're having a bad day, not sleeping well is like the kiss of death. Sounds like you're doing all the right things though. Just remember the most important step, and that's not stopping for the milk carton wine on the way home!

:ghug3

Eclipse 11-13-2008 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by wibble (Post 1981580)
Eclipse my dog needs walking... feel free to take him out! You can walk as much as you want with him!!!!.

I'm on my way over!

Thanks Colagirl!

Hope you are all doing well.

How's Pixy?

wibble 11-13-2008 01:40 PM

Maaaaaaaaaaaan! You missed it, I just walked him

Been some periods today where i wanted to drink so much. I'm only on day 2 and yet it was a real struggle at points.

Pah! The wibble ain't impressed....

Ananda 11-13-2008 02:03 PM

dont worry wibbly...i really think the cravings get less often over time...but i will say I still get occational very very strong desires to drink....but only 2 in the last 4 months. And before that a whole lot more months not having any.

We learn how to get through them easier I think and have more resources when they hit as we develop our network of alchies!!!!

Always cracked me up...put 65 people who cant stay sober a day into a facility with very little supervision, and they figure out how to stay sober!!!!

Its a we thing :ghug

wibble 11-13-2008 02:24 PM

The strange thing is when i've got to 3 or so weeks I start to slip into being complacent. Thinking i'm in control and i can handle things and if i want to drink I can. I feel confident I can get to 2/3 weeks I just need to see a path beyond that.

Eclipse 11-13-2008 06:40 PM

Got home tonite without the wine. Even had to stop at the store. Whew. I guess part of it is because I don't feel so great. Hope you are all doing well.

colagirl 11-13-2008 06:47 PM

Excellent job, Eclipse! I don't have any wine tonight either, and - *gasp* - I'm about to go to the gym to work out with a friend. I think I can make it tonight.

Wibble, I'm the same way. If I can make it out of the first few days I'm pretty good until 30 days or so. Have never made it past 35.

colagirl 11-13-2008 06:49 PM

How are you doing, Pixy? I realize you are probably sleeping right now but haven't heard from you in a while.

:ghug3