SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/161109-class-november.html)

Ananda 11-19-2008 04:44 AM

cola girl....you are doing so well! smileys are on the lright of the message writing place instead of underneath :ghug3

How did you "trick your cat"?

Mxchaos......I'm glad you weren't out long and came right back...I'm a recycle drunk myself!

(this isn't my month..but they let me visit on occation)

I hope Pixie checks in soon

JigOvLife 11-19-2008 05:00 AM

Greetings all. 3rd day, haven't really got my resolve together and feeling really sheepish returning to SR as I was previously such a gobby, opinionated, sober honeymooner. Good to see some familiar faces though.

Ananda 11-19-2008 05:05 AM

jig....really glad you made it back!!!!!!! I'm opinionated to!

Eclipse 11-19-2008 07:17 AM

Good morning! Day 8 for me! Hope you are all doing well!

wibble 11-19-2008 07:25 AM

Jig, good to see you back mate. I didn't realise you'd been away just wondered if you'd been in other bits of the forum. Don't worry about being gobby...its a Yorkshire trait ask Timzup!!!!

Lot of people struggling at the moment but the main thing is that we keep coming back.

Day 3 and I'm feeling about as focused as i've ever done.

timzup 11-19-2008 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by wibble (Post 1989432)
Jig, good to see you back mate. I didn't realise you'd been away just wondered if you'd been in other bits of the forum. Don't worry about being gobby...its a Yorkshire trait ask Timzup!!!!

Lot of people struggling at the moment but the main thing is that we keep coming back.

Day 3 and I'm feeling about as focused as i've ever done.

What's that supposed to frigging mean?

wibble 11-19-2008 07:32 AM

I rest my case....

timzup 11-19-2008 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by wibble (Post 1989450)
i rest my case....

arse

JigOvLife 11-19-2008 09:52 AM

Lol, gentlemen, tha's tickled me funnybone tha kno's.
Day 3 too Wibble? I don't feel as alone. More power to us

lostbutterfly 11-19-2008 10:02 AM

We're getting over run by gobby northerners!!!

Recycle drunk, lol!!! I like that Nands. You are paid up member of this Class no matter when you quit. We need some oldtimers around for advice!

Colagirl - thanx, doctor was fine. I told the truth. Not in my nature at all, but I pretended I was at an AA meeting - it's the only time I am honest! Pretty much told her everything and the world did not end. It was strange just saying something and not trying to manipulate the end result.

Have to go see a physiotherapist instead now I cut off my legal supply of narcotics.

timzup 11-19-2008 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly (Post 1989696)

Colagirl - thanx, doctor was fine. I told the truth. Not in my nature at all, but I pretended I was at an AA meeting - it's the only time I am honest! Pretty much told her everything and the world did not end. It was strange just saying something and not trying to manipulate the end result.

Have to go see a physiotherapist instead now I cut off my legal supply of narcotics.

Well done LB. I know you've been worried about the appt. You done good girl!

wibble 11-19-2008 10:21 AM

Well done LB, really really well done. I worried about you

Gobby northerners everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ananda 11-19-2008 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by JigOvLife (Post 1989681)
Lol, gentlemen, tha's tickled me funnybone tha kno's.
Day 3 too Wibble? I don't feel as alone. More power to us

OK...now your doing it to...whats with writting with a british or scottish accent!!!!! you don't see me drawling all over the place...what is the written word coming to????

OK - LB I am so proud of you! I've been lucky to have really good doctors for the most part over the last 15 years. A good one makes all the difference. recovering from my alchoholism and the damage from it has insured that I saw the doctor at least every 6 weeks for this first 15 mos....just got an all clear for 6 mos though :)

When I gave up drinking alot of other behaviors changed and that meant that my body improved in lots of significant ways (not some ways I would have liked...snurkle snurkle snurkle).

Its all good you guys!!!!!

lostbutterfly 11-19-2008 11:21 AM

That is NOT a British accent, Nands. The way one speaks when one is a guinea-fly, THAT is a British accent.

wibble 11-19-2008 12:00 PM

Thats a Yorkshire accent tha knows!!!!!

Aye up Nands arr tha doing?

Pixy1 11-19-2008 02:42 PM

Hello!!

I've tried and tried to post! I hate change, things keep disappearing when I type!

How are you all getting on?

Same place different day for me. Didn't know how much I need this place until last few days when I could't get on here.

Where have all the animations gone????

I'm a scott living in in England so my accent is a mix of both! I love the Yorkshire accent! Have we no Irish? I love that accent even more.

Ananda 11-19-2008 02:45 PM

Pixy.....sorry ... I hope no one hits a real rough patch without SR support :(

you might set up the emergency site now for later use and also, if you have aim or ***** just pm me and we will be sure we have a conection there too.

Love you all....well then there is wibbly....he's walking a fine line here....awwww but i still love him toooo :ghug3

Pixy1 11-19-2008 03:05 PM

thanks ananda x

Im crap with computers, whats the emergency site and whats aim? I know ***** is a search engine??

lostbutterfly 11-19-2008 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pixy1 (Post 1990131)
Hello!!

I've tried and tried to post! I hate change, things keep disappearing when I type!

How are you all getting on?

Same place different day for me. Didn't know how much I need this place until last few days when I could't get on here.

Where have all the animations gone????

I'm a scott living in in England so my accent is a mix of both! I love the Yorkshire accent! Have we no Irish? I love that accent even more.

Me too - major SR withdrawals the last two days. The Americans made sure they had it at night and we were lost without it - relapsing all over the place, lol!!

I love northern accents too, pix, I thought I was the only one. And Scottish and Irish. They make me melt. Shame they're all married hey!!

Pixy1 11-19-2008 03:37 PM

lol