SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of June Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438960-class-june-part-1-2019-a.html)

nadt 06-08-2019 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 (Post 7201157)
Day 29. Been playing some more chess, my mind seems to be working a bit better again. Energy seems to be getting better. Seems it is 3 steps forward and 1 step back in early recovery. Good thig is +3 -1 = 2 steps forward! Have said this before but posting and being active on here is what has really helped keep me sober. Passive sobriety has always led me back to drinking. Have to start to tackle some of the mess that drinking has caused in my life starting Monday. First 30 days was about stopping the massive bleeding.

Way to go! 29 days!!!! That's awesome.... I hope to be on here saying that in a bit. I'm just starting day 4 and I'm struggling. I'm tying to stay active on here.

nadt 06-08-2019 05:36 AM

Starting day 4. After another night of no sleep, I'm feeling a little discouraged. I was hoping to start feeling a bit better today.

Have to make it through. Best wishes everyone!

Sober76 06-08-2019 06:14 AM

Hello there. I need to join here. My drinking is out of control and has to stop. I look forward to getting to know all of you better. Thanks.

Newbeginning421 06-08-2019 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sober76 (Post 7201194)
Hello there. I need to join here. My drinking is out of control and has to stop. I look forward to getting to know all of you better. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Great to have you here, you will find it a warm welcoming place!

DJ1 06-08-2019 06:46 AM

Good morning starting day 9 yep yet again 3 hours sleep grrr but I have a clear sober head :)
Hi to all the new June members looking forward to getting to know everyone & helping each other along its not an easy path but day at a time good planning support is a big step
I have to work today which is good news keeps me busy I will hit the TM first :)

Newbeginning421 06-08-2019 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by nadt (Post 7201165)
Way to go! 29 days!!!! That's awesome.... I hope to be on here saying that in a bit. I'm just starting day 4 and I'm struggling. I'm tying to stay active on here.

Thanks!Before being active on this site never got past week one. If i can do it anyone can. Keep active whether it be here or meetings. We can do this!

Newbeginning421 06-08-2019 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by nadt (Post 7201161)
Starting day 4. After another night of no sleep, I'm feeling a little discouraged. I was hoping to start feeling a bit better today.

First week was really rough for me as well. It gets better! While my body is still adjusting and sure it will for awhile I feel 100 times better than I did on week one.

DJ1 06-08-2019 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by nadt (Post 7201167)

I知 on day 9 not sleeping still but my head & body feel much better so worth it the body will eventually sleep hang in !!

Calitano 06-08-2019 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 (Post 7201222)
Thanks!Before being active on this site never got past week one. If i can do it anyone can. Keep active whether it be here or meetings. We can do this!

Same for me Newbeginning. Tough for me to admit but can't do it completely on my own! I had over a year at one recentish point just from the focus that posting and reading here brought me. Then I got complacent, drifted away and straight back to the start.

I'm still on the stem the tide stage. Congratulations on your progress.

nadt 06-08-2019 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sober76 (Post 7201194)

Hello! I have only been using this site for a few days. I'm on day 4 (one of many).My drinking was out of control as well. I need to stop....for good this time.

I have found chatting with people and reading comments has been helpful. Good luck as you get started. There are many challenges, but we can do this!

nadt 06-08-2019 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by DJ1 (Post 7201245)
I知 on day 9 not sleeping still but my head & body feel much better so worth it the body will eventually sleep hang in !!

Thanks, DJ. It's nice to read about how much better people feel on days ahead. I'm looking forward to the day I log on here and can offer more encouragement to people rather than needing so much. Congrats on day 9!

glad we can all support one another!

Red78 06-08-2019 04:14 PM

Day 4 for me today and I feel like crap..
Not sure if it has to do with not drinking or smoking as the lurgie is going around here being winter and all. This weekend has been difficult for me, I think day day 2 and 3 being the weekend was hard as I didn't have a few days behind me already. Friday and Sat night I almost caved but somehow managed to ride it out. I really realised last night how addicted I am to alcohol and how I really don't want to have those chains around my ankles anymore. I want to be free to live a true authentic life and we all know we can't with alcohol around..

Dee74 06-08-2019 04:57 PM

welcome sober 76 and Nadt :)
congrats on everyone on your milestones

to those not feeling so great - it's pretty common in early recovery to feel that way - hope you feel better soon :)

D

Finallytime 06-08-2019 05:07 PM

Day 9 coming to an end, felt amazing and energized today, very different from yesterday. Work really helps me stay away from booze, it痴 when I get home that I am at risk. Anyway, good day today.

One thing I知 doing is to read SR all day. Any moment I知 not actively working, I知 reading posts and it痴 so incredibly helpful. I also love that there are new posts all the time, with new insights and stories and wisdoms. I really feel like I知 part of a community here. Thank you all for being so awesome, I知 so proud of every single one of us for being here, for doing our best, and for wanting to get this poison out of our systems.

Caramel 06-08-2019 07:13 PM

Soon be shortest day, Red78 , then brighter days ahead. :)

Red78 06-08-2019 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Caramel (Post 7201608)
Soon be shortest day, Red78 , then brighter days ahead. :)

2 weeks to go..

DJ1 06-09-2019 04:30 AM

Day 10 well lucky meeeee !! I slept for 5 hours only got up once yessssss fingers crossed this is the turning point for my sleep:)
Hope everyone is doing well over the weekend!
Finally time I知 doing the same using the boards a lot reading. Using Headspace app is also helping I used it for sleep last night :)

Double digits it feels good I know I have been at this point many times but never as much as I want it now !, for the first time I. Have reached out to close friends family & told them what I am doing
I went out the other day to meet friends met a bartender in a hotel I hadn稚 seen in years she said hey you dont have a wine in your hand I値l order you one :( felt really good to say no thank you I don稚 anymore !! But that hit me hard & How many more people must have seen me as the. Wine/alcohol person

Well enough of me rambling lol. Have a Happy Sober Sunday

Newbeginning421 06-09-2019 04:34 AM

Day 30! Things are starting to sort themselves out even if I continue waking up in the middle of the night. Energy levels are amazing and not passing out mid day anymore. I have gotten much healthier physically and mentally during the first 30 and feel I am in good position to start the 2nd phrase. Building a new sober life now that I am well enough. It is going to take a lot of work to sort everything out but I am now ready to do so!

Dee74 06-09-2019 04:49 AM

Congrats DJ & NewBeginning and everyone on your milestones no matter what day it is :)

D

Calitano 06-09-2019 06:25 AM

Hi everyone,
Shortest day coming up soon on this side of the hemisphere!

Sunday morning workout done, shopping done, house relatively clean and I'm telling myself not to think of work until tomorrow. Which means a nice few hours catching up on TV and reading :-) Need to be careful later: Sunday nights always a trigger for me. I have nothing in the house though, and plan a cooking project for later so that and physical tiredness should see me through to an early night.
Cravings been ok so far today, few yesterday but nothing unmanageable. Weird thing - and I think this happened last few times I quit - were the cigarette cravings: I haven't smoked or even wanted to for almost 20 years!

It was so lovely waking up fresh this morning, will be even better tomorrow - facing a second week sober. Thanks everyone. This site really has been a lifeline for me.