SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of June Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438960-class-june-part-1-2019-a.html)

Dee74 06-12-2019 04:23 AM

Welcome Bonneford :)

Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today :)

D

DJ1 06-12-2019 04:59 AM

Good Morning. As I type that Good Morning!, the tv programmed came to mind Mash lol

So happy to see everyone posting & keeping on track Day 13 here & after 12 nights I finally slept feel amazing this morning for the first time in years 🙏🏻

Yesterday was a big day for me passed a life altering interview /test Would normally have had several wines who am I kidding bottles!! But NO. Yesterday I drank tea cooked a lovely meal watched TV. & guess what this morning no carryover because I never had hangovers !! Day 13 here I come

I started using mindful meditation with headspace it’s teaching me the basics & Im learning how to quiet my thoughts, it really is a great tool for alcoholics I use the sleep Doze for getting off to sleep the last 2 nights :)

It’s not easy it’s a struggle but we got this Class of June have a Happy Sober Day

nadt 06-12-2019 09:18 AM

Good morning! Dj, it is exciting to read about how good you are feeling today! Congrats on 12 days!

Day 8 for me, and although I don't have quite the enthusiasm of DJ just yet, I do feel much better and was able to get a little sleep.

Hoping everyone is able to tackle their goals today!

Newbeginning421 06-12-2019 09:28 AM

Day 33 here, just realized when I typed 33 wow it really has been 33 days. Sleep is still not good having said that I have more energy on 3 hours sleep than I used to have on 10. Have lost a good amount of weight already by taking long walks want to start lifting. My mental health and outlook on life has also changed dramatically over the last month and hope to continue in that department. Still having problems with my short term memory but my long term memory is excellent. Sure my brain still has a bit of healing to do and will improve over time. Good job everyone in this class keep up the good work!

Calitano 06-12-2019 10:59 AM

Well done everyone! Lots of pretty positive stories today :)
Daily checkin for me, Day 12. Still pretty tired, but the exercise highs are helping!

Petecrab 06-12-2019 03:17 PM

Hey all. Nice to meet you. Checking in for day 2 here. Looking forward to getting to know you all

Newbeginning421 06-12-2019 04:01 PM

Did a charity event at a girls foster home today. Might be a weekly thing. They were very nice and everything went well but have a strong urge to drink now. Seeing girls in foster care upsets me and makes me want to do more but at same time makes me want to drink and use. Not sure what I should do as i want to continue to volounter but this urge to use is incredible now

DJ1 06-12-2019 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by nadt (Post 7204332)
Good morning! Dj, it is exciting to read about how good you are feeling today! Congrats on 12 days!

Day 8 for me, and although I don't have quite the enthusiasm of DJ just yet, I do feel much better and was able to get a little sleep.

Hoping everyone is able to tackle their goals today!

Congrats on almost 9 days Getting the sleep in is a big help I was pulling my hair out up until a few days ago hope you get more restful sleep

DJ1 06-12-2019 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 (Post 7204346)
Day 33 here, just realized when I typed 33 wow it really has been 33 days. Sleep is still not good having said that I have more energy on 3 hours sleep than I used to have on 10. Have lost a good amount of weight already by taking long walks want to start lifting. My mental health and outlook on life has also changed dramatically over the last month and hope to continue in that department. Still having problems with my short term memory but my long term memory is excellent. Sure my brain still has a bit of healing to do and will improve over time. Good job everyone in this class keep up the good work!

Newbeginning 33 days that’s awesome congrats keep up the great work

DJ1 06-12-2019 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 (Post 7204666)
Did a charity event at a girls foster home today. Might be a weekly thing. They were very nice and everything went well but have a strong urge to drink now. Seeing girls in foster care upsets me and makes me want to do more but at same time makes me want to drink and use. Not sure what I should do as i want to continue to volounter but this urge to use is incredible now

All your hard work go for a walk do anything so you don’t slip!
Maybe go back to volunteer later on when. Those urges won’t be so strong. Sorry I’m not much help !!
You are doing so great 🙏🏻

nadt 06-12-2019 07:48 PM

Congrats on 12 days, Calitano! And 33 days, NewB... that's awesome!!! I'll be happy to post that one day! Welcome pete!!!

wishing everyone well

Dee74 06-12-2019 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 (Post 7204666)

Strong emotion made me want to drink too - but I wanted to be of service more...so I kept on volunteering, I kept reaching out for support, and the urge got easier to reject every week.

No one ever woke up wishing they drank yesterday - think about how good you'll feel tomorrow morning NB :)

D

24violets 06-12-2019 08:02 PM

I would like to join in the June group.

nadt 06-12-2019 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by 24violets (Post 7204887)
I would like to join in the June group.

welcome to the group, violets.

Erratic 06-12-2019 09:02 PM

early morn check in x

i have work this morn and tomo so hope to still check in later in the day.

welcome to all new people joining this group and forum x and great job on everyones sober times x i am xxxx days, and second day on my meds so here hoping to continue being sober x

have good day all x

Newbeginning421 06-12-2019 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7204886)
Strong emotion made me want to drink too - but I wanted to be of service more...so I kept on volunteering, I kept reaching out for support, and the urge got easier to reject every week.

No one ever woke up wishing they drank yesterday - think about how good you'll feel tomorrow morning NB :)

D

Thanks Dee this makes 100 percent sense to me now that I took a nap instead of using. I need to learn how to deal with strong emotions. At same time have not been able to sleep more than a few hours for past 2 weeks really and my bpd already makes me vulnerable to an emotional roller-coaster. I need to remain extremely alert over this as the combo can be deadly!

Petecrab 06-12-2019 10:38 PM

Checking in for the morning. Got a disrupted 6 hours sleep but I’ve woken up without a hangover ready for day 3. Have a good day all!

argillaceous 06-12-2019 10:45 PM

Hello fellow June-ers,

I joined earlier in the month but then slipped, got back up, slipped, got back up ... but am very happy to report today that I have now gone 4 days straight without alcohol. Woo hoo! (Kind sad to say but that's a pretty big accomplishment for me at this point in my sobriety, but that's pretty much where I'm at.)

Baby steps for me right now.

I'm feeling pretty good at the moment because I met with a neurosurgeon today and he is going to do a procedure to try to relieve my trigeminal neuralgia pain (jaw/neck pain). It's been a long (and definitely winding) road with this condition, and I'd started to lose hope that there would ever be anything else I could try that might help.

But got a healthy dose of hope today, so three cheers for hope!

And a million cheers for not drinking! Hip hip hooray (x 10^6)

Seems like lots of milestones. Congrats everyone for all the hard work.

Dee74 06-12-2019 11:31 PM

good to hear from you argi - you too Pete :)

D

Calitano 06-13-2019 02:51 AM

Day 13.
Reminding myself how glad and relieved I've been to wake up clear each of the last 13 mornings... (apart from that one where I panicked and woke up thinking / having dreamt I'd been drinking again - double the relief after that!!!)
Not a single morning have I thought, d*#$ wish I was hungover and grumpy right now.