SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of June Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438960-class-june-part-1-2019-a.html)

Sober76 06-09-2019 06:25 AM

Day 2. Yesterday was draining, physically and mentally. But I need to remember that feeling and know I don't have to go down that road again.

Heading to work now. Will check in again this evening. Thanks to all for being here and hope you have a wonderful, sober day.

nadt 06-09-2019 06:36 AM

Hello, Sober! Hope your workday goes well. Look forward to an update this evening.

GreenDog 06-09-2019 06:38 AM

Good luck on day 2 Sober76! Day 1 is always the worst for me as my brain just refuses to accept the fact that we aren’t going to the store to pickup beer. I’m starting day 3 and feel much better than I did on Friday. Thankfully I was super busy yesterday which helped with the cravings and anxiety. That is always a big key for me...staying busy. It’s when I’m sitting idle the cravings are the worst.

nadt 06-09-2019 06:49 AM

Hey, Greendog! I was just wondering about you. Congrats on starting day 3!

Glad you're feeling a little better.

Apri 06-09-2019 09:18 AM

Hello class of June! I have been a poor classmate. I have just been keeping myself so busy! I caught up on the thread and feel so happy and positive to read how everyone is doing. I don't have much to update or words to offer (as i am only on day 22) besides staying active and busy seem to really keep the mind off booze. I must admit it hasn't been hard this time around but i had to really but my life in danger to get here. Now i almost have a phobia where alcohol is concerned. I have also enjoyed kombucha but am now scared to even drink that.
Well best wishes and prayers to all.

Daytrippin 06-09-2019 01:08 PM

I guess this would be me! It's day 1 and I am just grateful to be here.
D.

nadt 06-09-2019 01:35 PM

Hey, Day!!! Glad you're here!

Dee74 06-09-2019 04:41 PM

welcome daytrippin :)

D

Erratic 06-10-2019 12:37 AM

sry to say back to square one,

got appointment with alcohol doctor tomo morn for anti craving meds so lets hope i get a grip. getting fed up with myself again and trying not to go into hiding again.

sry

Dee74 06-10-2019 01:42 AM

Stay with us erratic :)

D

Red78 06-10-2019 03:51 AM

End of day 5 for me here.. Today was the day I finally didn't think about drinking alcohol after work.
Tomorrow will be more difficult as I'm picking my mum up from the airport along with her best friends ashes she is carrying. My mum will be staying at my aunties and she has a lot of very good wines there which I know 100 percent she will ask me to pick one and open.. She will most certainly support me in not drinking and if she knows I'm not then won't ask me but I will struggle not to drink when they are having a couple of wines..
I need to devise a plan for tomorrow night as I need to be with my mum and give her support.
Arrghhhh.
Anyway end of day 5 yay!

Calitano 06-10-2019 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Erratic (Post 7202482)
sry to say back to square one,

Sorry to hear that Erratic.
It' s good you're still here and posting and keeping on at it though.

Calitano 06-10-2019 04:17 AM

Still working it here...
Those cravings sure can hit out of nowhere though. It feels like a bad game and head wreck every now and then.
Lots of emotions seem to start popping up too - previously they'd just been drunk over, I'd kind of forgotten about that. Sober life is just life lived thoughtfully and soberly, not life without issues or feelings or ordinary challenges

DJ1 06-10-2019 05:00 AM

Morning. All 😀 welcome all new June class we’ve got a long road ahead of us! But reading the boards & wisdom from others it is going to be so worth it
Day 11 still tired Grrr
Erratic good luck with the dr

Have a Happy Sober Day all

Newbeginning421 06-10-2019 05:08 AM

Day 31. It is now time to start shifting my focus. The first 30 day plan was to really work on my mental and physical health while dealing with cravings and keeping sober. While I will continue to work on these things I am going to work hard to become more organized, get my finances in order and to break this horrible procrastination linked with anxiety. Now that I have stopped drinking I can do anything I put my mind to

nadt 06-10-2019 05:21 AM

Hey, Erratic. I'm glad you're still posting. Don't feel guilty about being "back at it" because you ARE back at it. Don't give up! Stay with the group. We are all battling.

nadt 06-10-2019 05:30 AM

Good morning everyone! Congrats newbeginnig on 31 days!!!!! And on your plan!

DJ way to keep pushing through. I'm not as far along as you, but am still super tired too.

Starting day 6 and this is definitely the best I've felt. I got a few hours sleep which I think helped, plus I was able to eat a little yesterday ( still haven't been able to eat an actual meal, just bites of things here and there). I'm committed to another 24 hours.

GetSmart 06-10-2019 06:30 AM

hey everyone. just checking in. made it through the weekend, thank goodness. So amazing to be feeling good on a Monday instead of half hung over, half in withdrawal, yuck. anyway I have no delusion that it is going to get any easier, and in a way I fear that it will get harder before it gets easier, but what is the alternative, right? and why on earth would I give up feeling so good on a Monday morning compared to the alternative. Really is a paradox, isn't it?

So here is to everyone still on the bus and if you just got back on, that's ok too, you have to start somewhere, right?

BOC0907 06-10-2019 08:26 AM

Count me in!

Sober76 06-10-2019 08:35 AM

Day 3. Had to be up early for a work meeting. Then it's home for seven hours and back this evening for my regular shift. Decided to do some early morning grocery shopping. I won't lie--the thoughts of drinking were creeping in already. I've had a bad habit lately of having 3 to 6 drinks in the afternoon before my work shift. It's eventually going to be noticed and cause me to lose my job, which is one of the main reasons I need to stop. Anyways, I didn't buy anything drink-related, didn't even go near the poison aisles. Now I'm home safe and sound. Will check back in later. Thanks all for being here.