SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of June Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438960-class-june-part-1-2019-a.html)

Erratic 06-04-2019 07:28 AM

Back to day 1

had my appointment with alochol councilor yesterday which he said he will get alcohol doctor to see me next week which i she will put me on anti craving meds so i have to be free from alcohol for week to get them. so guess there is a little motivation to stick with it, like i have said that a millions times also . never mind keeping positive about it.

great job on everyone else x

Citrus 06-04-2019 10:17 AM

Hi guys, checking in on day 3.
Sunday was crazy busy with baseball for my boys. We got home and they went to bed and I ended up having a huge panic attack. It's been a while since I've had one, especially that bad. It solidified that I have got to give sobriety my all right now. I was so worn out by it that I napped most of the day away yesterday. More baseball last night.
Feeling quite a bit better today, thank goodness. I will not drink today.

Calitano 06-04-2019 02:27 PM

Well done Citrus. Erratic, sounds like you have a plan?

Hope it's ok to keep posting here because I had a really bad moment but thinking of this thread really helped!
After the gym: little voice telling me go to the store, you need milk & water. I totally didn't and knew the underlying motive: "what harm could a little baby bottle of wine do - it'd help you relax after exercising. You've earned it". Crazy.

So I thought of this thread and my plan and drove straight home to my dry house!!! I know this will get easier after the first month or so, then the sobriety habit bit kicks in more...
I'm now down 4 days. I haven't gone 5 in a row yet this year so tomorrow will be a milestone 2019 day!!!

Hope you're all doing well.

Citrus 06-04-2019 03:18 PM

Great job getting through the craving Calitano!

Cowgirlie 06-04-2019 05:29 PM

Incoming!

Beep beep! Move up!

Room for another? 😁

I'm so happy to be here 🐴

xx

Jumper13 06-04-2019 05:42 PM

Have you ever woken up in the morning/afternoon from a night of heavy drinking and thought to yourself, "hmmm, I'm glad I did that"? Thinking back over the years, I cannot recall ever thinking that. It was always, "I'm gonna die...why the hell did I do that? That wasn't fun....it sucked!". Come to think of it, I think this applies to McDonalds for me as well. Anyway, this is something I need to remember whenever I get that alcohol voice popping into my head. Day 3.

BrianK 06-04-2019 05:43 PM

"Class of June 2019"...I just love how that sounds! :e100:

Finallytime 06-04-2019 06:43 PM

Day 5 under the belt, and I continue to feel better! Had a super long and exhausting day at work, but I still feel better than the last few days, and definitely better than when I drank. By now I probably would have semi-passed out. I’m so happy I know that I won’t have regrets tomorrow morning.

‘Night all.

FT

GetSmart 06-04-2019 07:39 PM

I'm terrible about posting and sticking to my plan not to drink. So I'm in. Can't even recall if I've ever joined a class, but it's not time to look in the rear view mirror. Full speed ahead.

Dee74 06-04-2019 07:53 PM

Welcome GetSmart. BrianK and cowgirlie :)

D

Citrus 06-04-2019 08:37 PM

Just got home after dinner at my favorite spot and a baseball game. We lost bit it was still a good time watching my son pitch and make a home run and in twice more. Especially watching sober. I had cravings for a cigarette which always leads to me buying booze. But I held strong, thank goodness.

Welcome to the newcomers to the class! The more the merrier! :grouphug:

Erratic 06-05-2019 12:35 AM

morn all x

another sober morn, not going to say the number as i will just jinx it so i will only say the number after a few lol which is my downfall day which its not going to be this time! so keeping positive x

well done finallytime on 5 days and good job also citrus

welcome to the other newcomers x getsmart thats a good outlook speed ahead x

jumper lol your right i have never woke up thinking dam that was a good night, maybe at the beginning meaning my teens or something but nope havent thought of it like that in decades x

have good day will check in later x

Calitano 06-05-2019 01:41 AM

Good morning.
Day 5 check-in. I'm tired - those dreams! - but happy for another sober day ahead.

Have a good one everyone.

Finallytime 06-05-2019 02:57 AM

Good morning everyone, waking up to day 6 here. Didn’t get many hours sleep unfortunately, but I don’t think it was withdrawal, just regular bad sleep (I actually can’t remember the last time I had a bad nights sleep that wasn’t caused by alcohol - is it weird that I’m kinda excited about a good old fashioned bad nights sleep?).

Day 6! I’m so excited! I honestly can’t remember the last time I didn’t have a drink for 6 days.

Newbeginning421 06-05-2019 04:17 AM

Day 26 here had another drug drinking dream but this time did not feel high or drunk guess next time I have a dream like this I will have to go to another dealer in the dream JK.. ha. There is so much I want to do but don't want to over do it so early in recovery as well. I don't have urge to drink more like passing thoughts of why not just go into that bar or score. My life is such a mess and so much digging to do. Well at least when I am done digging I will no longer be the pathetic loser I am today.

creativespirit9 06-05-2019 05:14 AM

Good Morning Classmates.. Day 5 begins today. I had a really bad day at work yesterday and really wanted some wine as that is usually my go to stress buster but resisted by taking a bath and going to bed early. Not feeling well today but pushing through and facing the day.

I hope everyone has a good day - we are all getting stronger day by day!

Citrus 06-05-2019 05:20 AM

Good morning class. 😊

Linners820 06-05-2019 05:36 AM

Hi everyone, I'd like to join you. I'm still having trouble fighting off the urges to drink and making it past day 4. Today is day 1 yet again and I know I need to create some new, different habits. I'm not the best at posting when I feel like drinking so that's one of my goals--to recognize it and reach out before buying alcohol. Feels good to be here with people who understand.

GetSmart 06-05-2019 05:42 AM

I guess officially it is day one, since I had a beer before dinner last night--but that was before I joined the class. I'm a binger that sometimes turns into a bender, which means I usually have no problem getting through the first 4 days of the week but when Friday comes around look out, even if I consciously do not want to get drunk. still happens in spite of the best intentions. we all know the song. anyway hello and welcome to all in the class.

Citrus 06-05-2019 05:49 AM

Welcome Linners, I hope this can be your last day 1. I know that I need to be better about posting when I have an urge and sticking around until it passes also.

Get smart, the first week is so hard. But it is so worth it to get past it.