SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of June Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438960-class-june-part-1-2019-a.html)

BlueWellies 06-10-2019 09:18 AM

Hi June class, I’d love to join you. Day 1 for me.

DJ1 06-10-2019 12:10 PM

Hi BlueWellies

Day 1 congrats

nadt 06-10-2019 12:42 PM

Welcome, Blue! Congrats on day 1. Glad you joined.

Dee74 06-10-2019 04:52 PM

Welcome BlueWellies &BOC0907 :)

D

GetSmart 06-10-2019 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by BlueWellies (Post 7202787)
Hi June class, I’d love to join you. Day 1 for me.

welcome blue. I need to follow my own advice: stick around and post/check in as much as you can. it helps. It's when I stop hanging around here that I forget why I need to be here in the first place. Or something like that.

obosob 06-10-2019 08:55 PM

2 weeks today.
Really happy to have a start.
Riding out all thoughts do far.

Great to be back in a class.
Hope all are well.

Dee74 06-10-2019 09:50 PM

Congrats Obo :)

D

Calitano 06-11-2019 02:31 AM

Tuesday check in!
I've a business trip next week - usually a big danger zone for me - so starting to think about activities/strategies to help reset the habit.

Red78 06-11-2019 02:53 AM

I'm so proud of myself. Took my mum to my aunties house when she flew into town tonight, they all had wine, they poured me a glass out of habit, even though I said didn't want one, and I didn't drink it! I just gave it to my mum when she finished her glass. I can't believe it.. I had even taken all my clothes to stay the night in case I decided to drink..
It's still possible to say no after you almost make the decision to drink..
Back at home and soooo happy..
Day 6 nearly over.

DJ1 06-11-2019 04:56 AM

Morning all happy Sober Tuesday Day 12 woohoo
I slept off & on last night but i slept :) I woke up feeling like I got hit with a truck so must have been a good sleep! this is the turning point!!

I have a big thing going on in my life today I will check back later but its one of those lets celebrate normally that would be with booze !! not this time Im going to go have tea after :)

red78 thats awesome you should feel proud of yourself :)

Obosob Congrats 2 weeks !!

nadt 06-11-2019 06:41 AM

Checking in with the group on day 7 for me.

Way to go on 12 days DJ!!! That's awesome. Look forward to seeing posts about your celebration with tea!

And Red, congrats on 6 days!!!

wishing everyone well.

Calitano 06-11-2019 08:44 AM

red78 that's great!!! Well done.
Difficult situation to be in.

Newbeginning421 06-11-2019 09:32 AM

Day 32 sleep has not been great but energy levels continue to improve. As i have said before seems like 3 steps forward and 1 step back at this point in my recovery. Have to remain vigilant, while I have no real urge to drink I feel in between places in life. Have left my old life behind but have not really started a new one. While i am still in early sobriety reading the thread in which people gave their feelings on how they felt when coming close to their first year sober helped me relate to what was going on in my mind. It is important for me to remain active on here reading threads as I have found good pieces of info that I have incorporated into my own recovery from a wide range of topics. Things that I thought had no possible relation to me but read through them anyway and boy was I wrong. HALT- Hungary Angry Lonely Tired I think has been one of the most important things for me to watch out for especially in early sobriety as usually when I did have thoughts of drinking it would be one of these things. Glad to be in this class! Hope everyone is having a great sober day!

PeteGibbons 06-11-2019 10:23 AM

June 11 - Day 1 again

Hi all,
I'm going to jump in with this class.

Was previously in the January 2019 class and made it 89 days before relapsing. Convinced myself I could drink moderately if I could make it 89 days. And of course quickly fell right back to the old binge drinking habits. :headbange

Ready to start again. Today is day 1.

nadt 06-11-2019 11:50 AM

Glad you joined us, Pete! I'm on day 7 ( and not for the first time) I understand your frustration with yourself, but you've decided to get back at it! Feel good about that!

Dee74 06-11-2019 04:15 PM

Welcome PeteG :)

thats a big step Red - you can build on that :)

D

GetSmart 06-11-2019 05:31 PM

hello everyone. I guess this was day 7. turned down an after work beer this evening, which is sometimes not too hard but I failed about 2 weeks ago which led to a mini bender, so I'm happy it was easy to say no tonight. welcome to all the newcomers. we've got this.

Finallytime 06-12-2019 02:50 AM

Good morning everyone! Starting day 13, and I am so grateful to wake up fresh and not hating myself. Yesterday was a close call, and it scares me how powerful the cravings can get. I’ve never really experienced that before, but I guess I never really tried to quit before either.

In the end, all that matters is that I did not drink, and I am grateful to be fully present in my life today, because I didn’t drink yesterday.

Erratic 06-12-2019 02:54 AM

morn peeps

saw the alcohol doctor yesterday and got prescribed anti craving meds which started this morn so fingers crossed and alot of hard work i will get past my xxx day!

welcome to new members who have joined this class and well done on everyones milestones.

great job Dj1 on your 12 days yesterday x

have a good day everyone xx

Bonnefond87 06-12-2019 03:43 AM

Joining you. Thank you for having me