SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of June Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438960-class-june-part-1-2019-a.html)

Finallytime 06-07-2019 03:47 AM

Good morning everyone, Day 8 starting now! This is by far the longest stretch I’ve had in years.

Calitano, sounds like we are in a similar place, I had to make some plans last night, I had my favorite drinking opportunity (home alone), but the plan worked! I didn’t drink. Your plan sounds good, I think breaking the routine and interrupting the brain paths for drinking is the important thing.

DJ1, how are you doing?

FT

Newbeginning421 06-07-2019 04:48 AM

Day 28 while I am stronger than ever in my commitment to not drink PAWS is beyond annoying. Want to fight my way to the life I want to live but I am all over the place mentally and physically. HALT is one of the most important things I have been told in recovery not only in regards to not drinking or using but life decisions in general. Last night before sleeping I was hungry, angry, lonely and tired of coarse. Also was full of hatred so double H! If feeling any of those emotions think extra carefully about the decision you are about to make whether it is messing a friend or whatever. Amazing how much a goodnight sleep can do. I feel like drinking and drug use when stopping is like getting a credit card bill that you have ignored and the interest has snowballed into something absurd. I feel like Atlas right now with everything that is going on but have no choice to remain strong! Have a great day everyone!

creativespirit9 06-07-2019 05:02 AM

Good Morning All

Starting day 7 and struggling to overcome depression. I have to work all day and then drive an hour and a half to celebrate my boyfriend's father's bday. Its going to be about 40 people most of whom I dont know and everyone will be drinking.
I am not looking forward to it but I have to go as BF and I are probably getting married and I care about his parents. Its going to be tough not to have a beer or 10 esp since I feel fat and have nothing to wear and oh yea- BF is 15 years younger than me so Im dealing with some self consciousness there too.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and thoughts. It helps to read what other people are going through as well as the wonderful advice from others who have already been through similar experiences.

My plan for tonight is to hold on to water at all times ..I am hoping I can do this.

DJ1 06-07-2019 05:33 AM

Morning Day 8 lets do this but i have to be honest if i don't sleep soon im going to go crazy :( may have to go to the DR
Finallytime new beginning i have made a sticky note for HALT will use that from now on thanks
well time to start work I have a list of things to do each night to keep me away from my bad habits so far so good day at a time
Happy Sober Friday everyone !!

JulySeaCoast 06-07-2019 06:40 AM

Hello class, I’m late to the June class but want to join you. I have been reading along for a few years, I was originally in Jan 2016 class.
I’ve had no alcohol since Sunday night :) Thank you for being here, SR

DJ1 06-07-2019 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by JulySeaCoast (Post 7200524)
Hello class, I’m late to the June class but want to join you. I have been reading along for a few years, I was originally in Jan 2016 class.
I’ve had no alcohol since Sunday night :) Thank you for being here, SR

Hi better late than never :) have a great day

GreenDog 06-07-2019 07:35 AM

Today is another day 1 for me and I’d like to join your class. Unfortunately I have had many day 1s over the past decade but am determined to make this my last day 1. All of my previous failures have at least helped me to develop a solid plan of action this go round though.

DJ1 06-07-2019 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by GreenDog (Post 7200551)
Today is another day 1 for me and I’d like to join your class. Unfortunately I have had many day 1s over the past decade but am determined to make this my last day 1. All of my previous failures have at least helped me to develop a solid plan of action this go round though.

GreenDog glad you joined we can all help each other along on this journey ! June is a great month :) :You_Rock_

GreenDog 06-07-2019 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by DJ1 (Post 7200568)
GreenDog glad you joined we can all help each other along on this journey ! June is a great month :) :You_Rock_

Thanks DJ1! I’m about to be done for the day at work so the weekend (and the real test) begins soon. Instead of stopping for beer on the way home, I plan to head straight to the gym and run a couple miles. Then I plan to get some much needed yard work done to round out the evening.

Hope you get some sleep soon!

nadt 06-07-2019 12:05 PM

Working on day 3

Hello everyone. I'm working on day 3... again. I've been a heavy drinker through my 30s. I've stopped many times, and each time came back drinking even more than before. Today is rough. I'm dizzy and with any activity other than walking through the room, my heart races.

I'm not sure how this site works, but I'm glad to have a group that can support each other. I'm going to need it.

Linners820 06-07-2019 12:06 PM

Hi guys, afternoon of day 3 here. Woke up somewhat late this morning, did a bunch of gardening (and sweating) out in the yard and ran a few errands. On the way back home the urges kicked in...day 3 is definitely hard for me. I've resisted thus far and am headed into work for a few hours. When I come home, the plan is to check back in here before taking my dog on a long walk. By the time I'm done, it should be past 10pm when the liquor stores are closed.

Calitano 06-07-2019 02:43 PM

Nice one Linners820. Day 3 always same for me...

7 days down now, yay for plans... shattered from gym and work: tonights plan was to just exhaust myself, visit a friend for a cup of coffee and sleep. 5 more mins and I should be out.
Feels good to get the first Friday night over with - always a bad one for me. Sundays tough too. Plan plan plan to paraphrase Dee :-)

Be good y'all!

Finallytime 06-07-2019 04:50 PM

Day 8 coming to an end. Didn’t drink, but it actually felt harder today than the last few days. I won’t drink because I don’t drink, but I had some weird, almost physical cravings. Like I said, I don’t drink, but it’s irritating and it has made me grumpy. So, I’ve closed the curtains in the motel I’m staying, closing out the world, and I’m going to watch some tv and go to bed.

Dee74 06-07-2019 06:36 PM

There will be harder days - we all have them in the early days- but the more we choose the right response the easier it will get FT :)

D

Sober81 06-07-2019 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Citrus (Post 7199242)
It is truly crazy that my mind can go from oh thank goodness I woke up sober and then switch so quickly mid-day. It is just mind blowing. all.

I used to get that really badly. But with time it's totally passed now. Fortunately I rarely even get cravings at any time of the day now.

Originally Posted by creativespirit9 (Post 7200455)
Good Morning All

Starting day 7 and struggling to overcome depression. I have to work all day and then drive an hour and a half to celebrate my boyfriend's father's bday. Its going to be about 40 people most of whom I dont know and everyone will be drinking.

That seems like a pretty tricky one to go through just 7 days in. Hope it all goes well.

Erratic 06-08-2019 01:13 AM

morn all x

sry never got chance to get on here yesterday. was working and usual friday at work was hard going, so ended up when finished work i went to bed.

got visiters coming today, so will catch up properly i hope later x

have good day x

Finallytime 06-08-2019 02:31 AM

Good morning class, Day 9 starting here. Working long days all weekend, which is good, makes it easier to not think of drink. Hope everyone has a good and sober weekend!

Calitano 06-08-2019 03:48 AM

And day 8 off to a nice lazy start here! Here's to a good day.

Newbeginning421 06-08-2019 05:22 AM

Day 29. Been playing some more chess, my mind seems to be working a bit better again. Energy seems to be getting better. Seems it is 3 steps forward and 1 step back in early recovery. Good thig is +3 -1 = 2 steps forward! Have said this before but posting and being active on here is what has really helped keep me sober. Passive sobriety has always led me back to drinking. Have to start to tackle some of the mess that drinking has caused in my life starting Monday. First 30 days was about stopping the massive bleeding.

nadt 06-08-2019 05:30 AM

Starting day 4. After another night of no sleep, I'm feeling a little discouraged. I was hoping to start feeling a bit better today.

Have to make it through. Best wishes everyone!