SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of June Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438960-class-june-part-1-2019-a.html)

Newbeginning421 06-02-2019 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7196695)
Hi NB
I dunno if that's common in withdrawal but I've experienced the same before.
Stay focused and try not to worry too much - things should look better tomorrow :)

D

Thanks, feel extreme agitation and feels like i am jumping out of my skin apparently it is related to something with dopamine receptors.Usually it is caused by other medications. But on day 23 now!

Citrus 06-02-2019 09:46 AM

Hi. I will join you all. Day 1.
I can't keep on the way I have. I just want to cry from being sick of the cycle. My anxiety is at an all time high and I'm loosing hope in everything.
I plan to post frequently and reach out the second cravings pop up. I will be doing SMART Recovery meetings. Being gentle with myself, eating well, meditating, journaling and saying affirmations. I need to find a way to push through the eff-it let's have a drink thoughts.

Hawkeye13 06-02-2019 10:31 AM

Citrus, I just wanted to tell you it took me numerous cycles like you are having to finally get it right.

The meetings and self-care will help--but sometimes you need to build momentum through persistence. I suggest you keep tweaking your recovery plan and you will find the formula that works :grouphug:

Finallytime 06-02-2019 05:11 PM

Day 3 almost over, I didn’t drink today. I’m tired, but less foggy than yesterday, and very limited physical symptoms (mild headache only). I noticed a few times that I immediately spotted any alcohol around me today (I’m in a big city right now), but I immediately quenched any desires. I don’t drink anymore, so why would I pay extra attention to where the alcohol is?

Good night all, I look forward to waking up without a hangover again.

FT

DJ1 06-02-2019 07:43 PM

Just going to bed day 3 was better but had only an hour sleep last night hoping I can get some sleep tonight
See you all tomorrow 🙏🏻 For all of us to have another sober day
1 day at a time

Dee74 06-02-2019 08:12 PM

Welcome Citrus :)

I think posting every day, or multiple times a day. is a good thing to aim for :)

D

Erratic 06-02-2019 11:02 PM

morn all

just a quick hi as i have alcohol clinic this morn. Good to see so many joining and are posting x

keep up the good work all x

obosob 06-02-2019 11:28 PM

I need to join the June 2019 class.
Been drinking heavily 3 times a week.
Originally from April 2014....fell off July 2015.
Then November 2018 to Jan 2019.

1 week sober today.....

Hi to all the class.
Look forward to hearing from you all.

Dee74 06-02-2019 11:33 PM

Glad you made it back Obo - welcome :)

D

obosob 06-02-2019 11:44 PM

Thanks Dee. Good to be welcomed back!

Boracraze 06-03-2019 02:29 AM

Morning all. Day 3 here. Woke up super early, so going to hit gym before work. Cravings were minimal during the day, but hit pretty hard Saturday night. I went to bed instead. A small victory I suppose. I have gotten into a pretty intense routine of exercise which keeps me focused and accountable to some degree.

Everyone have a safe and sober day. BC.

Finallytime 06-03-2019 02:44 AM

Good morning everyone, starting day 4 now. Slept fitfully, woke up several times, but no bad dreams. When I still drank I had some horrible dreams, but haven’t had that since I stopped. I think it’s because I’m better to myself that I don’t have bad dreams now.

I look forward to day 4! Keep up the good work everyone!

FT

Calitano 06-03-2019 02:56 AM

Day 3 check in. Tired but doing well this morning.
Set a loose plan for the day - includes a trip to my favourite cinema, getting a long walk in and basically keeping things simple.
I have just looked up and downloaded some of the sobriety podcasts I listened to last time around - they were so helpful. Listening to them helps reinforce the message and helps me to control and set the agenda.

Newbeginning421 06-03-2019 04:00 AM

Day 24 still waking up in middle of the night feeling like i am jumping out of my skin with restless legs and lucid alcohol and drug dreams but going strong. Because of alcohol and drugs I was never really able to sort out many of my psychological issues. Have been putting the pieces together on the long walks I have been taking.Hope everyone has a good sober day!

creativespirit9 06-03-2019 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by DJ1 (Post 7195867)
I have been a member for 10 years I quit alcohol last June lasted several months then relapsed :( I’ve been treating my body like garbage with booze for most of my adult life ! Enough is enough my health is getting worse time to do things different but I’m in 24 hours sober

Same- Ive been quitting for years.. I will be able to go weeks without overdoing it and think "I dont have a problem" until the next time I have major binge. My body has grown to hate alcohol- I flush and my heart races when I drink. Im done- last drink May 31 and I am not going to drink anymore.

creativespirit9 06-03-2019 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by DJ1 (Post 7196202)
Waking up here in Florida day 2 last night was a rough one not much sleep sweats were so bad & racing heart usual paranoia
I have had lots of first days but this is definitely my worst bout of withdrawals :( finally got to sleep at 5 woke at 8 feeling exhausted but on to day 2 reading all up on kindling. Now even more I have to concur this beast once & for all !!
Happy sober days ahead this time before I started I made a list of all the things to do daily & change what I normally would do at drinking time
Off to start my list have a great day all

Reading about kindling brought me back here! I am on Day 3 and woke up feeling terrible.. For some reason this day is always the worst for me.. I dont want to keep doing this to myself..

Dee74 06-03-2019 04:48 AM

welcome creativespirit :)

D

DJ1 06-03-2019 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by creativespirit9 (Post 7197441)
Same- Ive been quitting for years.. I will be able to go weeks without overdoing it and think "I dont have a problem" until the next time I have major binge. My body has grown to hate alcohol- I flush and my heart races when I drink. Im done- last drink May 31 and I am not going to drink anymore.

Same here sick of the merry go round & thinking. After a weeks sober I can have one I’m going on a cruise at the end of the year where I would drunk till I couldn’t stand now looking forward to been able to go to the coffee shops & fun stuff that’s my goal. But for now it’s day at a time
It’s not going to be easy but we have to do it

DJ1 06-03-2019 05:19 AM

Day 4 checking in ! well it’s definitely true every time you relapse the symptoms get worse but I made it through the night. With 2 hours of sweaty sleep :( eventually the body will have to sleep I can’t wait for those long deep sober sleeps have a great day everyone

creativespirit9 06-03-2019 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7197454)
welcome creativespirit :)

D

Thanks Dee.. I am happy to be back - hopefully last time in the new month club.