SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of June Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/438960-class-june-part-1-2019-a.html)

Dee74 06-13-2019 04:46 PM

welcome 24 violets, strengthnme and movingforward1

rainbowalien 06-13-2019 11:31 PM

It's the morning of day 2 for me. Good to be part of the June class. Thanks all.

Petecrab 06-13-2019 11:37 PM

Indeed Nadt. We can support each other through this and get to the happy side of life! I can’t believe how quick my days at work are going!

Grimes 06-13-2019 11:39 PM

gonna join the group, try to post more than i did last time.

Petecrab 06-13-2019 11:51 PM

Hi rainbow. Keep it going. Nice to see you!

DJ1 06-14-2019 04:17 AM

Good morning had a good nights sleep first in 14 nights !

Hi to all our new classmates !!

Argi I really feel for you with the added stress of the op I’m glad you re getting a second opinion !

It’s almost the weekend hope we all have lots of plans to keep us busy
With all these extra hours I’ve discovered Who knew 24 hours could be so long LOL

Have a great sober day classmates !!

Newbeginning421 06-14-2019 04:28 AM

Day 35 here and feeling better after a really rough day 33. Have slowed down a bit and taking it slow. Have to remember this is a marathon not a sprint. Going to aim to move out of my moms house September, October and never talk to her again. She is an awful disgusting human piece of garbage who has sabotaged my entire life. If i am to have a family one day I do not want her infecting them. She will never change and is absolutely hopeless. Have not talked to my father in 8 years. I am grateful that I turned out to be a good person despite being raised by worthless scum

peaceful2 06-14-2019 06:19 AM

Day 4 after a one day slip. Want to get off this merry go round

peaceful2 06-14-2019 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 (Post 7206003)
Day 35 here and feeling better after a really rough day 33. Have slowed down a bit and taking it slow. Have to remember this is a marathon not a sprint. Going to aim to move out of my moms house September, October and never talk to her again. She is an awful disgusting human piece of garbage who has sabotaged my entire life. If i am to have a family one day I do not want her infecting them. She will never change and is absolutely hopeless. Have not talked to my father in 8 years. I am grateful that I turned out to be a good person despite being raised by worthless scum

Well done on 35 days! That sounds like a positive plan because you cant change people. So focus on what you can change

Dee74 06-14-2019 06:22 AM

Welcome Grimes and Peaceful2 :)

D

MovingForward1 06-14-2019 06:30 AM

Good morning June class! I'm grateful for another sober wake up after a pretty restful night's sleep. I've got a ton on my plate right now and am just trying to stay focused on the next right thing. Which for me is getting into rehab. I'm struggling with that focus but there are too many things that are out of my control, that I just have to set aside.

I'm ready for another sober day

nadt 06-14-2019 07:05 AM

Good morning and welcome to the new members!!
it's nice to read about people's accomplishments and it's good that everyone can share their struggles as well. I really appreciate all of the support I have received.

Glad you're feeling better, New!
Day 10 for me.

Newbeginning421 06-14-2019 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by peaceful2 (Post 7206109)
Well done on 35 days! That sounds like a positive plan because you cant change people. So focus on what you can change

100 percent right was really frustrated this morning. This is a person who knew I was using coke as a teenager and would give me money to buy it so I would leave her alone about her hoarding. She is the reason I developed a substance abuse problem in the first place and to this day cares 0. In fact to this day encourages me to go to the bar and leave her alone. If i grew up in a half decent environment can't imagine what my life would be like today. But am grateful that I am getting this new chance at life and we are all responsible for our own actions even if other people set the balls down the wrong path!

venuscat 06-14-2019 07:26 AM

And yet there is no license required to have children.....maybe if there was the ones who shouldn't be parents would think twice....I am so sorry that both of your parents were so not up to scratch Newbeginning. :hug:

And yes, we are all responsible for our own actions, no matter what. Great reminder. :hug:

Awesome sauce nadt!!!!! 10 days!!! :) :)

MovingForward ~ it can be just SO overwhelming to have so much on your plate in early recovery. I commend you for making rehab your focus. You will never regret it....I believe. :) :hug: s

Welcome to all of the new people....so glad you are all here.... :hug: s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Red78 06-14-2019 02:03 PM

Start of day 10, apart from having a sore throat and a cough I'm feeling great. Its gonna be an awesome sober weekend..

venuscat 06-14-2019 02:39 PM

Isn't that an amazing thing to say:

apart from having a sore throat and a cough I'm feeling great. Its gonna be an awesome sober weekend
Seriously. Grateful to only be sick. Who apart from us could understand this? :)

I am happy for you and wish you a speedy recovery. :) And a lovely weekend. :hug:

Zombie79 06-14-2019 03:34 PM

I'm joining the June brigade. I was sober for a while- think I got to 35 days sober then relapsed and since then it's been a cycle of binge then sober, binge then sober but I'm back sober. Day 4. I've had a bit of a wake up call health wise but I know, there's no point trying to do it all at once. It'll just stress me out and I'll not stick to anything so trying to take it easy on myself.
day 4- stomach has improved. Feeling a bit better mood wise, taking the dog out for more walks, getting up earlier and being a bit more productive. I need to lose weight but realise, I didn't gain it in a day, a week or a month so can't expect it to drop off so quick, as much as I wish it would.
The walking is helping me though, getting out of the house and actually enjoying an early morning instead of the fuzzy head, banging headache, the runs and the fear of "did I text someone?"
So I'm more hopeful this time round because I've proved I can hit 35 days, just taking this one day at a time.
Nite everyone!

Newbeginning421 06-14-2019 04:19 PM

Co worker who is alcoholic apparently went off the walls the last few days cause he started drinking again he had a month. He stole from register took a bike of the small business I work at and was sending everyone crazy messages. Looks like after he gets fired he will be homeless. Just a reminder definitely not worth taking that first drink

nadt 06-14-2019 04:25 PM

Glad you joined us, zombie. Way to make it through to day 4!

Red, nice work on 10 days!!!! I'm right there with you!

Dee74 06-14-2019 04:38 PM

I'm sorry for your co worker NB.
Welcome Zombie :)

D