SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of December 09 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/190055-class-december-09-a.html)

least 01-31-2010 04:30 AM

I'm still here and still sober!:grouphug:

noubledegative 01-31-2010 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by thirtybubba (Post 2501803)
hi nanda. congrats nd... can't never tell if it's tomorrow yet over there, but i reckon by the time you see this...

i'm still sober y'all. take care.

yip its tommorrow already! this feels like a real achievment for me & i think its for real this time, i guess i just gotta keep doing what im doing.

my fulltime course starts tommorrow, my 2 month mostly home hiatus is over & I will be headin into the city daily on the weekdays...i sure this will bring new challenges, butI think im ready to take them in my stride.

Im really looking forward to the increased human contact being at my course & around the city will bring...i can try my new sober wings on. getting the brain working as well will be nice.

wish me luck!
and hope every else is ok :tyou

least 01-31-2010 02:46 PM

I feel quite happy with myself as I have not used my life-stress as an excuse to drink! :grouphug:

LauraS 01-31-2010 03:34 PM

Me too, Least. And life is getting a bit less stressful, now that I'm not drunk half the time. I'm actually making plans and following through with them, and getting out in the evenings is no longer the huge undertaking it used to be. It's like chains are lifted off of me.

blackbirdsing 02-01-2010 11:05 AM

hey, how is everyone?
managed through a weekend full of triggers, probably the hardest i've had to work against the urge to slip up thus far. had an opening friday night, first one sober- actually had several intelligent conversations with strangers about my work! (and remembered every word the next day!) it's so great waking up day after day without regrets and/or worries about what i've said or done the night before!!!

haven't heard anything yet about my recent job application, keep your fingers crossed please.
xoxo

seeker7 02-01-2010 08:35 PM

Way to go, everyone!

Good luck with the job, blackbirdsing! Congratulations on your first sober opening.

I'm coming up on 60 days soon. I'm surprised at how fast the time has gone by. I'm a little bummed that I didn't use the time more wisely. I wish I would have exercised daily. Imagine how I'd feel by now. Still, there is so much to be grateful for...sleep, clarity, connection, freedom...

augustwest 02-02-2010 08:44 AM

Hey gang! Just checking in. I've been real busy lately which is just fine. Today is day 37 for me! Hope all are well.

augustwest 02-02-2010 08:17 PM

Ok, where's everybody?

least 02-02-2010 08:30 PM

I'm here. Still sober and coming up on two months. Glad to be sober too cause of some events going on in my world that require my complete attention. Couldn't handle it if I were drinking. I'd be either too numb or too sick to do what needed to be done. Glad that's in the past. And it's really nice not to wake up feeling like death warmed over...:c031:

augustwest 02-02-2010 08:33 PM

Congrats least. Great work. Keep it up. Amazing how we're able to intuitively handle situations that used to baffle us when we were wasted all the time, huh?

christopherL 02-02-2010 09:31 PM

Soo I decided to dry out on January 7th ... and I haven't drank since. It has been challenging but the way I feel now is so much better than how I was. I am far from feeling great, but I do feel like I'm beginning to settle into feeling OK.

I've been lurking on here and I feel so much stronger reading each of your words. Please continue to lend strength. Thank you.

LauraS 02-02-2010 09:48 PM

Awesome, Christopher. Welcome to the forum!

I'm here, still sober. It's something like day 33 or 34 for me. I went to a meeting tonight and picked up a 30 day chip; a friend was with me and she got her six month one. We joked as we left about how we used to hang out together and drink (we were roommates) but those days are over now.

It was great, because I got sober a year ago and worried so much about her, then I fell off the wagon and she got on it. Now she has much more sober time than I do, and we're able to support each other.

thirtybubba 02-03-2010 01:21 AM

Steam, Least, AW, Christopher, Laura... congratulations everybody.

I'm still here, still sober, just not enough days to make it back to December. :( 7 to be precise.

Take care,
TB

augustwest 02-03-2010 05:45 AM

7 days is better than no days

seeker7 02-03-2010 08:51 PM

Welcome steamvessel and christopher! Congratulations on your days sober.

On the eve of my 60th day, I read to my daughter a chapter from my favorite childhood book. I felt connected to her in a way that I haven't felt before. As I read, I remembered how I felt when I first read the book and could sense that she was feeling it too.

Definitely worth it!

augustwest 02-03-2010 08:55 PM

Awesome seeker. Thanks for sharing that. It's tragic how disconnected we become from humanity in our addiction, but once we tap back into the lifestream it's so beautiful, and real.

Dee74 02-03-2010 10:41 PM

Steam - congrats on day 33.

just in case you, or anyone else, wants to check out the January thread :)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2010-a-10.html

D