SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of December 09 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/190055-class-december-09-a.html)

seeker7 02-04-2010 08:39 PM

60 days! I'm calmer, clear-headed (usually) and more gentle with everyone around me. Still have heaps of work ahead of me but those flickers of light are appearing more often now.

Thank you December classmates! Posting here has made all the difference.

augustwest 02-05-2010 08:26 AM

Good to see you again unbroken. Hope you are well. If you re-read my quoted post above you'll see that i said "Sorry to hear about your relapse TB"
TB = ThirtyBubba

I was aware of your situation and wish you the best with it. Sorry if the aforementioned post was confusing.

augustwest 02-05-2010 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by unbrokenchain (Post 2506926)

Not to mince words, but please don't turn off potential folks that might learn to
stop g r a d u a l l y!

cheers and good luck everyone really lazt post.

It seems as though my post was confusing and for that i am sorry. But being turned off by it is entirely your decision. I don't have that power. Good luck to man. I suspect you'll be back in spite of it being your lazt post. ;)

Message boards are tough to quit cold turkey too. :lmao

augustwest 02-05-2010 11:09 AM

well i read the PM before clicking back on this thread, so you disregard my reply. :rotfxko

least 02-05-2010 01:36 PM

Coming up on sixty days tomorrow! :)

:grouphug:

Dee74 02-05-2010 01:47 PM

way to go S! :)

D

blackbirdsing 02-05-2010 03:58 PM

yes, way to go- that's awesome!! 60 days:)

noubledegative 02-05-2010 04:05 PM

getting some decent sobriety under our belts ladies and gentleman :)

I just did a 10 day Detox/Juice fast

was awesome! I feel really clear and in tune with reality, my desires & my dreams.
had some craving yesterday, walking through supermarket they had wine tasting and that set me of on a thought train ending up with me deceitfully drinking.

and then funnily enough at an AA meeting last night i felt strongly like i wanted to undo everything i had done...but i held strong and today is all good!

of to a bob marley birthday gig, lots of awesome local bands playing...sun is beeming!
life is good

:)

thirtybubba 02-06-2010 12:26 AM

Ooo. I was in a controversy. :lmao

Still sober... 10 days I reckon. It's going alright. Had kinda a craving type day today... too many bars where I was, and restaurants with bars... and I'm with friends for a change... there was a concert to go to. I had to go stand in the rain and wait for a bus to take me to a meeting.

It'll be better tomorrow I'm sure. Just kinda feeling lost, really. But it's a temporary thing I'm sure. "What have I done" type of stuff... did I give up having a social life forever? AA social life is cursory hand shaking, small talk... at meetings.

Take care y'all....
TB

noubledegative 02-06-2010 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by thirtybubba (Post 2507650)
Ooo. I was in a controversy. :lmao

Still sober... 10 days I reckon. It's going alright. Had kinda a craving type day today... too many bars where I was, and restaurants with bars... and I'm with friends for a change... there was a concert to go to. I had to go stand in the rain and wait for a bus to take me to a meeting.

It'll be better tomorrow I'm sure. Just kinda feeling lost, really. But it's a temporary thing I'm sure. "What have I done" type of stuff... did I give up having a social life forever? AA social life is cursory hand shaking, small talk... at meetings.

Take care y'all....
TB

yeah i hear ya about the AA social life TB, i dont really do the small talk and biscuits thing either...BUT im not going to make friends, i go to stay sober and its working so im not gonna rock that boat.

what everyone is telling me is that after a few months or so of sobriety your life slowy starts to gain back purpose and clarity. im at 69 days now and feeling really good.

had an interesting experience at that bob marley gig yesterday. i bumped into an old freind, who in a nut shell said she was SO happy i was sober and that i was just the loveliest guy when i wasnt drinking and encouraged me genuinely to keep this up. the words really helped cos i was feeling a little boring.

i feel things are opening up me just a little teeeeny bit, im aware my sobriety is in its infancy, but i just cant wait for the day that i dont think of alcohol in any way for a whole day.

i know these are just words you are reading, but you obviously joined a site like sober recovery for a dam good reason & if you are considering drinking...dont

its not that the grass is greener on the other side (they might not even have green grass it might be blue grass) its that you poured weed killer over all your own grass and killed it & you cant think straight from the stink of the chemicals....lol

HercTRock 02-09-2010 01:25 PM

Oh hi. 47 days.

FakeyMcFakerson 02-09-2010 02:16 PM

still kicking it since dec 21 or so, but been having really bad cravings and my mind telling me "oh i can handle it, its just 1 six pack" recently. very very frustrating and scary. really dont want to give in to my stupid mind :(

least 02-09-2010 02:21 PM

I know what you mean about your mind lying to you. Mine's been wanting me to drink away the awful anxiety lately, but I can't as I know drinking will just make the anxiety much worse.

HercTRock 02-09-2010 02:51 PM

Had some really bad using thoughts after a bad fight with my GF yesterday. Skipped my Antabuse last night, but took it this morning when I thought better of it.

augustwest 02-11-2010 06:19 AM

How are my december peeps doing today? Day 46 here for me. Life is good. I went to the UNC-Duke basketball game last night, which we(UNC) sadly lost, but i had such a blast. Toward the end of my work day i was feeling very anxious as these games are typically heavy drinking/using times for me. But i walked through that stuff and had more fun clean at the game than i ever did wasted. And i felt fine this morning and actually remember the game!

least 02-11-2010 06:23 AM

65 days today. Hanging in there. Dealing with bad anxiety lately. Glad I'm sober cause drinking would make the anxiety worse... and it's bad enough as it is.

Eating chicken soup, surfing the net, trying to relax. Might even go back to bed for a while. Below freezing here so a good day to snuggle with the dogs and stay inside.

HOpe all the December members are doing well.