SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2018 Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/447907-class-may-2018-part-6-a.html)

Willow00 09-16-2020 02:52 AM

Hi Free :wavey:

Great to hear from you :) 4 days is really wonderful!

That AV is a monster isn’t it.
It’s tripped me up soooo many times.
I also had over a year sober and then fell off the wagon and couldn’t seem to get back up and stay up. Repeatedly trying to stop drinking with it only lasting days or weeks, or often only hours before I succumbed again.

The AV had a go again this afternoon. I’d had a challenging day topped off by an unpleasant argument with someone and I just couldn’t get it out of my head. I was so upset and angry about the whole situation. The AV tried to tell me I deserved a drink after having to deal with everything today. Um no. That’s won’t help AV so why don’t you just crawl back under your rock and leave me alone. Grrrrr.

Anyway, I realised today that I’m not feeling quite so anxious lately. 12 weeks sober and I think I’m actually starting to feel a reduction in generalised anxiety. Thank goodness! Anxiety had been through the roof, alternating with depression. I’m still a bit flat but definitely not as anxious. That alone is worth staying sober for!

Willow00 09-17-2020 01:39 PM

Free how’re you doing? Hope you’re going ok :hug:

John65 09-19-2020 03:08 PM

HI Willow, Free, all.
I'm doing ok and now at around 6 weeks. Taking Campral which has made all the difference.
Best wishes,
John

Willow00 09-19-2020 10:16 PM

Wow John, 6 weeks is fantastic! Well done :)
I don’t know anything about Campral, I’ll do some googling ...

Dee74 09-19-2020 10:40 PM

Good to hear John :)

D

Bumblebee2 09-27-2020 05:02 AM

Hi everyone.

I love when I come and see people still around. Hello to John, Free and Willow.

I am officially 40 years old. It was a very nice birthday - my husband put together a small party with family. I felt beyond loved and blessed.

My sister in law gave me a bottle wine as a gift. I find it funny that after almost 2 and a half years, people don't realize that I no longer drink. It is sitting in my dining room with another bottle of liquor. The presence of it being in my house does not bother me anymore. It would have been such a trigger only 2 years ago.. I would think about it constantly, look at it, sip it, measure it, finish it, replace it. It was an unfair and unfun game I would play, by myself.

School is going very well for the girls. They are still going 5 days a week, while wearing masks. My youngest goes half day, and I have been truly enjoying having that daily afternoon 'break.' I am not actually laying around taking a rest break. I am either working out or getting things done around the house without interruption - which is what I need. To be able to start and finish a task with out one interruption is a 'break' for me... an enjoyable break. My mind is able to focus, and I feel so much happier.

And it is also nice that I am able to have separation from my kids. They miss me and I miss them... instead of being in my face all day - we end up all getting on each others nerves.

Yesterday (Saturday) was incredibly busy with the girls activities. Today (Sunday) is a reset day for all of us before we start another week.

Stay focused everyone. Have a fantastic day. Do something you enjoy.

Bumble

Willow00 09-27-2020 04:02 PM

Hi Bumble :wavey:

I’m glad you’re getting a break from the kids. Everyone needs time to themselves, no matter what it is we’re doing.

You sound like you’re doing really well :) Especially not being bothered by the wine, but I probably wouldn’t want it in my house in case I got tempted in a moment of upset or weakness. You could possibly regift it to someone :)

I hope you’re going ok Free and John.

Bumblebee2 10-11-2020 06:59 AM

Hi everyone

How is it going? Things overall have been good for me.

I have been doing a lot more reflecting and thinking about things. About life. About purpose and goals.

I am reading a book that I have enjoyed... and it was discussing your personal goals. I feel most people have career oriented goals. Like - "I want to write a book" or "become a teacher, doctor, lawyer, manager."

I have a degree in Education. Though at the moment - I am not using it... I am not working. I am home with my two girls. My husband works full time and provides for the family.

So, what is my goal? I decided it was just to be happy. That is it, happiness. My goal may change in the future. But for now, it is just to be happy.

it may seem easier then it is. Some days it is really tough- but I try to keep that in perspective.

Have a good day guys. Make your future you happy.

Bumble

Willow00 10-12-2020 02:25 PM

Hi Bumblebee :wavey:

Willow00 10-12-2020 02:57 PM

I’m trying for happiness too. Sometimes it’s harder than others. Happiness can be so elusive. So I try to take pleasure in the little things, the breeze ruffling leaves in a tree, a bird flying by, a butterfly hovering around flowers, the way the sun sparkles on the water.... it’s an ongoing challenge to find something that brings joy, but we can do it :hug:

Dee74 10-12-2020 03:12 PM

Hi bumblebee and willow :)

that's a fine aim :)

D

Free2bme888 10-13-2020 04:42 PM

Checking in. Day 3

reading “This Naked Mind” again

Willow00 10-15-2020 03:21 AM

Hi Free :)
That’s a great book. Well done on 3 days! You’ll feel a whole lot better soon :hug: xx

Dee74 10-15-2020 03:27 AM

hi guys :)

D

Willow00 10-15-2020 02:26 PM

Hi Dee :wavey:
I hope you’re doing ok :)

Free2bme888 10-17-2020 06:31 AM

Good morning! Feeling good, strong, and powerful against the deadly poison

taking good looks from the outside (sober side) looking in (to the drinkers) through a clear lens at what this legal potion is—not good for most, especially for me.

feeling like I can get some more sober muscle under the belt.

love to all

Free2bme888 10-18-2020 08:12 AM

Good morning friends, when you catch up here, I urge you to go to The Power of Sobriety Thread started by Dee. I have been sharing great pics of my road trip there.

Feeling great, racking up sober days (in a consecutive row)

love to all of you.

here’s a pic for a taste of what’s on other thread

https://i.postimg.cc/NGm3jQ96/853-E7...E53421-F12.jpg

Dee74 10-18-2020 03:30 PM

No worries here WIllow :)

D

Willow00 10-18-2020 03:42 PM

Nice to see you Free.
Lovely pic :)

Dee where is the power of sobriety thread located please? :)

Dee74 10-18-2020 04:23 PM

Its in the same forum we are in now :)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...st-11-a-6.html