SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of June 2016 Support Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/392935-class-june-2016-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

Opivotal 06-13-2016 05:24 PM

Class of June 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Welcome Everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of June 2016

come and join us!

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Word...blue_couch.gif

http://time.ngmnexpo.com/cliparts/20...28-580x396.jpg

New Thread Continues From Here :)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-1-a-25.html

nmd 06-13-2016 05:28 PM

Shotgun

nmd 06-13-2016 06:42 PM

Cravings spilled over from the weekend to tonight. I stuffed my face full of potato chips before dinner to stop them... it helped, I was to a large extent just hungry and the cravings to drink stopped.

I'm still very tired. Sore from yard work, but also just unusually tired all day, and I went to bed early and slept well last night.

Spent some time going back and rereading my old posts, trying to remember where I let the av slip back in. My most successful classes have been Sept 2014 and May 2015. I'm in it to win it this time.

callmemilly 06-13-2016 06:53 PM

I made a mistake in an earlier post, I said it was day 16 without drinking it is only like day 9.

Today was hard. I hate having feelings. I was angry, I wanted to drink to shove it down and be numb. Went for a walk.

Can't believe 9 days- it feels like weeks.

csaw1112 06-13-2016 07:19 PM

Day 5 in the books. Went for a long bike ride after therapy. It was fun but i dang near had a heat stroke (its hot here). Then went for a quick swim. I'm not really craving too bad thankfully. All in all i had a great day :)
Gnite everone. Stay strong

StartingOverNW 06-13-2016 09:12 PM

Congrats on your days fellow classmates. I'm winding down to go to bed at the end of day 1.

Goodnight all. :01:

Erratic 06-14-2016 12:35 AM

Well here I am again, just like a bad penny
I am on my 2nd day totally sober I would of been 3 days but I'm not including the big hangover day which was Sunday.

Nice to meet u all xx and sry I'm not a new person to this site but I've never really made it past lol this new person forum except for mental health and few other posts.

So here I go again hoping to make a difference to my life xx

Good luck and good job xx

patchadams 06-14-2016 12:55 AM

finished with day 15. been pretty easy as far as cravings go, my heart still races occasionally, which is weird since i didnt have any problem with that for most of week 2, but that may be part of my body adjusting to a big diet change(trying to lose this belly i got while drinking). I definitely feel the bordom with the rest of you haha.

Stubbs16 06-14-2016 01:22 AM

Well, its this part of the early days I hate, insomnia.... awake almost all night. So, logging on, catching up with posts.

Cant wait to accumulate some sober time. Its damn hard. Been amping up my exercise, so thats a good thing. And trying to eat healthier.

My big triggers are anger, and resentments. I have drank to numb these feelings for so long. I know they only hurt me, but its a very hard thing, pattern to change up. But, its possible.

Glad to be here, really need to part ways with the demon. Permanently.

Congrats to everyone here, every sober day is a win!! We've got this guys.

Stubbs16 06-14-2016 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Erratic (Post 5998961)
Well here I am again, just like a bad penny
I am on my 2nd day totally sober I would of been 3 days but I'm not including the big hangover day which was Sunday.

Nice to meet u all xx and sry I'm not a new person to this site but I've never really made it past lol this new person forum except for mental health and few other posts.

So here I go again hoping to make a difference to my life xx

Good luck and good job xx

I remember you! I too, have been on SR for a few years, havent made it far myself. Great to have you back. We can and will win this battle.

Stubbs16 06-14-2016 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by callmemilly (Post 5998722)
I made a mistake in an earlier post, I said it was day 16 without drinking it is only like day 9.

Today was hard. I hate having feelings. I was angry, I wanted to drink to shove it down and be numb. Went for a walk.

Can't believe 9 days- it feels like weeks.

Yes, those damn feelings. I so get that. Good on you for walking it away. A good long walk helps me too sometimes.

Also, I noticed how sober time seems to be alot slower. Probably because we are aware, awake, not zombied out! I kinda like it, I need all the extra time I can get! (Older person) :) congrats on your days!

Stubbs16 06-14-2016 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by StartingOverNW (Post 5998823)
Congrats on your days fellow classmates. I'm winding down to go to bed at the end of day 1.

Goodnight all. :01:

Its always good when day one is done! Congrats. Hope you sleep well. :)

SansaS 06-14-2016 02:00 AM

I'm checking in here June bugs :) still here and still sober.

luvmygirls 06-14-2016 04:06 AM

Day 18. Yesterday was my most "normal" day yet. I definitely feel like something big is missing, but no cravings per se. I need to remain completely vigilant against my AV, and not even entertain romantic thoughts of drinking as I have in the past. Drinking makes everything worse.

IcedVoVo 06-14-2016 05:29 AM

Day 10. Very happy about that. Long way to go but things are so much better than they were. Grateful to be free.

Stay strong Junes,

Love and strength to all,

RBJ

nmd 06-14-2016 05:30 AM

Day 10, checking in before work.

Behappy1 06-14-2016 06:09 AM

Day 5 Again... Hi all!

StartingOverNW 06-14-2016 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 (Post 5998992)
Yes, those damn feelings. I so get that. Good on you for walking it away. A good long walk helps me too sometimes.

Also, I noticed how sober time seems to be alot slower. Probably because we are aware, awake, not zombied out! I kinda like it, I need all the extra time I can get! (Older person) :) congrats on your days!

I know...I totally get that feeling too! Its like the time flies by when I'm using...and it really feels like just wasted life, but then when I try to get sober time the first week or two goes by slowly when counting days. It'll be nice to get through but I'm trying to keep in mind to take it one day at a time.

I woke up this morning on the morning of day two with bad feelings of doom and dread, I think largely because I've let a lot of things pile up which I need to take care of and it feels a little bit like a mountain of responsibilities suddenly bearing down on me all at once. It really helped to remember that the most important thing I need to do and think about today is to just stay sober and make it through day 2. Thats it. I'll probably do some chores when I get home from work today, but other than that I just need to stay sober and try to be the best me I can be today.

It really helped to keep that in mind to make the bad feelings I woke up with subside. I know if I can just stay sober, that mountain of TBDs will get whittled down and become manageable over the next couple of months. If I don't stay sober that mountain will just get worse until I hit real crises with some of them.

So I just gotta stay sober today. Thats my only real TBD I need to get done today. I hope you all do too. Thanks for being here, and have a great day all. We can get through this one day at a time!

TryingInTexas 06-14-2016 06:57 AM

"So hey, TryingInTexas, what have you learned that makes this try different for you?"

Well - the craziest thing really "clicked" for me the other day. I realized that I'd become lactose intolerant. That bowl of cereal with milk in the morning? No longer a good idea. So I moved on. Used water in the instant oats and bought some lactose-free milk.

"Doh," I then said to myself. "You can't drink milk like a kid anymore. Has it ever occurred to you that you can't drink booze like a kid anymore, either? It's not weakness. You're just different now, Mr. Middle Aged Man."

That me feel better about myself, and this run at it. Heck, it took me all of 5 minutes to kick lactose -

GAHaley 06-14-2016 07:03 AM

Welcome back Erratic! And Stubbs I feel you on the insomnia, I finally got a "good" nights sleep (in recovery terms) last night.

Day 6 here...my head is finally feeling a little more clear today. Thank goodness my emotions are starting to balance out. Definitely not balanced as I still haven't had a day that I haven't cried at least once or had a fit of rage, but they are getting less intense. Still having intense feelings of discontentment though and just that feeling of dread that it's never gonna get better, but I know it will.

Anyway, just checking in...hope everyone has a great day :)