SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of June 2016 Support Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/392935-class-june-2016-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

Wastinglife 06-14-2016 07:26 AM

Day 25. Without alcohol to lean on, I find myself having difficulty dealing with anxiety about the mess my life is. I basically need a whole new career. I'm turning 40 in August, a milestone that really has me thinking about all those lost years. I know I need to take it one day at a time but my mind is all over the place.

Jane8 06-14-2016 07:32 AM

Hi everyone........joining the class. On day 2 . I'm usually OK until the fourth day so now that I know that is my first danger day, I'll be prepared.
Looks like a great class and I wish everyone the very best. We can do this!

AcornToOak 06-14-2016 10:00 AM

Hi Jane8! I am on day 2 also. I shockingly slept well last night but I think in part because I am (at that moment) feeling peaceful with fighting this resolution. If I can make it through that 7-10 space I am good. Went to bed really early. Strangely, my fear is that if it is too easy then no matter how much resolve I have, that one moment it can all see so silly and easy to say yes. I am working on what I think would be a plan for that.

Well, glad to be here. Great inspiration guys...both struggles and successes.

nmd 06-14-2016 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by AcornToOak (Post 5999640)
Hi Jane8! I am on day 2 also. I shockingly slept well last night but I think in part because I am (at that moment) feeling peaceful with fighting this resolution. If I can make it through that 7-10 space I am good. Went to bed really early. Strangely, my fear is that if it is too easy then no matter how much resolve I have, that one moment it can all see so silly and easy to say yes. I am working on what I think would be a plan for that.

Well, glad to be here. Great inspiration guys...both struggles and successes.

I think there is something to be said for that. If early on its all easy and pink clouds, we might neglect building a plan to stay sober when, inevitably, life happens. I follow a rational recovery/avrt type methodology, so I'm not big into "recoveryism" as it is sometimes called, but a plan is still needed. Just saying i will never drink again isn't enough. Reinforcements are needed basically. We're all different, some do well with meetings, some just need SR, others need something else. I'm still working on my plan personally. I'm not sure I will know what it is until I can look at it in hindsight.

LuckyBamboo 06-14-2016 10:58 AM

Gritting my teeth to get through day 2. Physically I don't feel to terrible, other than a nasty headache. Just got into an argument with my boyfriend on my lunch break about him being out of work, and I have to work 4 more hours to finish my 12 hour day with someone who talks really loudly and a lot, and mostly about about themselves. I need patience!!

Zaec 06-14-2016 01:15 PM

12 days sober and I'm safely in bed . Really struggling with anxiety on another level but I'm really trying to surrender to God.
I hope all will balance out soon

JL2014 06-14-2016 02:12 PM

Holy he--.
Flagged traffic all day in the sun. About killed me, I feel like.
Not my job either. No communicating how bad it sucked. I listened to AA speakers all day on my phone, as much as I could. Gotta work on me as much as possible. Me, is usually the issue! Lol
Even griped to my sponsor today. Not drinkings hard. Realize more and more stuff I don't see when drinking or detoxing . Probably what's made me relapse in the past. Nowhere to go with life once I was sober a few months ( tops).
Day 15 gonna be in the bag in a few hrs.

CaseyW 06-14-2016 02:42 PM

Not drinking is hard, JL2014, but that's because it's worth it. Hang in there, my friend.

luvmygirls 06-14-2016 04:39 PM

End of Day 18: WOW, am I irritable. My kids' voices seem unnaturally loud, and my husband repeatedly asks me, "are you in a bad mood?" I'm so tired of explaining withdrawal and early recovery to him. Is it bedtime yet? ;)

CharlyK 06-14-2016 04:55 PM

Starting over

I was in the April thread a while back. I made it 3 weeks and then relapsed. The past month and a half I've been struggling to get back on track. Sometimes I'm sober 3 days, sometimes just 1. I let my guard down and thought I'd be ok and wasn't strict with my recovery plan. I also stopped posting here because I was embarrassed about relapsing. So here I am, day 1.

csaw1112 06-14-2016 07:09 PM

Today sucked .
Woke up with a terrible headache, which may have been brought on by me overheating yesterday while bike riding.
Then therapy went bad. Lots of tension in the room, some uncomfortable topics, i was so anxious i had to walk out early. My meds didnt seem to work today.
A/C in my vehicle quit working.
It took everything i had to pass by the liquor stores. But im home now and sober. I was worried about returning to work, now worried about returning to therapy. I need to stop worrying.
Just glad this day is done.
Night all

StartingOverNW 06-14-2016 07:13 PM

Welcome CharlyK and everyone else. I'm glad you're all here!

Just got out of the Tuesday online chat here. It was my first online meeting and I thought it was a really good meeting. I'm planning to check out the Friday one too.

I'm so glad the work day's over, and now that I've had dinner I think I'm going to be safe for the day with respect to cravings (the toughest time for me is always mid-afternoon until I eat dinner and get the nutrients flowing...that always seems to help a lot).

Today at work was kinda rough. I had a lot of anxiety and just had that sadness effect washed over me the whole day...I had to work to keep my face from looking like I was constantly about to cry. I'm so glad day 2 is almost over. My brain chemicals are so whacked right now.

I've got plans to meet my sponsor after work tomorrow for the first time in months, and am looking forward to it.

Take care all, and congrats on your days. :grouphug:

2Wheelterror 06-14-2016 07:14 PM

Day 15 is coming to a close. Somehow i managed not to drink when at my friend's garage, while everyone else was drinking. I will admit those beers looked mighty good, but I stayed with my soda. Night all

Erratic 06-15-2016 12:32 AM

Morn all xx

Good to see replies on how people are doing since was here yesterday xx

I am on day 3 got through the long day yesterday as I'm back to work this afo. Yesterday I had this thirst for something which I know is a craving so I went bought banana milk and ginger ale lol just finding my feet to find something to drink rather than. Tea and water all the time xx

Good luck on another sober day all I will check in at end of my day after work xxx

SnazzyDresser 06-15-2016 01:20 AM

I now have 7 days sober, Wednesday will be 8. SR has been very helpful to me in the process. I greatly appreciate all the support and encouragement.

I had 75 going that I ruined on May 11th, my first serious attempt at sobriety in a couple of years. It was hell getting that going. I had horrible insomnia and mood swings, constant anxiety. I was in pretty bad shape, crazy high blood pressure too. This time, it's not quite as difficult so far because I'm in a lot better health now, 30 pounds lighter and blood pressure under control.

I know I need to be on guard against getting complacent though, and I am poised and ready for future struggles. But also fairly optimistic. In the words of the great Robert Earl Keen, "It feels so good feeling good again."

JL2014 06-15-2016 03:32 AM

Csaw, well done.
Welcome charlyK

Starting my days off with different prayers/meditation than in the past. I hope that turning my mind towards a higher power makes a difference. I'm thankful to some people in my group for helping me. Yesterday was hot hard and terrible. Still I had an opportunity to listen to peoples alcoholic stories and how they got better. Starting a new day again today. I'm giving it up, so I don't just blow it by trying to run my own show. I've got a trail of that behind me.

IcedVoVo 06-15-2016 03:51 AM

Day 11. So glad. My life has changed completely in 11 days. I may be doing many of the same things but I see them differently. I don't feel trapped by negative situations anymore. I have hope to change them now. Drinking makes everything harder, though I drank for relief. It won't be easy, ever, but I no longer feel trapped. Things are opening up. So glad.

Love to all

RBJ

nmd 06-15-2016 05:10 AM

Congrats on a week snazzydresser!

Overslept this morning, but I actually remember having a dream, something that never happens when drinking. My goal for Saturday morning use to sleep in past 9 and shake off being tired. Gotta run, have a great day!

Jane8 06-15-2016 05:33 AM

Morning everyone,
Starting day 3. Really resenting my work situation today, but that's nothing new. Just worse this week because of trying to focus on sober recovery and not all the work drama.
Trying to turn it into a positive day and make some time for myself to listen to AA speakers and start eating again. I've just been eating a few bites here and there the past week. And that doesn't help anything!
I hope everyone has a grea day!

Eliasson 06-15-2016 05:39 AM

Starting Day 9. My life circumstances are pretty much the same, but the anxiety and depression are slowly lifting.
Hope everyone is having a great day!