SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2015 Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/375473-class-july-2015-part-7-a.html)

toadie54 09-20-2015 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by tokidoki (Post 5564015)
Yikes, multiple posts.

Toadie- How are you doing?

Hang in there everyone!

I'm doing just fine, thanks for asking! Heading out next week for a solo RV trip to MA/ME/NH/MA/NY then back home...will be out for 15 nights and must stay vigilant in my abstinence.

Will be looking over you all and will reach out for help if needed.

Stay strong everyone!

:You_Rock_

Upwardspiral 09-20-2015 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by letitgo (Post 5566014)
I use my phone on here also. Does anyone have the sr phone app? I wish i could upload pics and stuff. I can get it to work just on the website.

Actually Toki, I just downloaded the app so I'll let you know how it goes. Ooh, so many pictures!

Dee74 09-20-2015 08:24 PM

If you have access to sites like tinypic, photo bucket etc you can link to images from there:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...our-posts.html

Cbf123 09-20-2015 11:01 PM

I use the app and on my Galaxy S5 it is reasonably easy to use, but seems quite limited as to what can be done on it. That said, I wouldn't be without it. I can check in on the page any time during the day or night, and having it near by has been a huge plus when I've been flagging at times.

Enjoy your trip, Toadie! Stay strong and safe!

KeyofC 09-21-2015 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by letitgo (Post 5566014)
I use my phone on here also. Does anyone have the sr phone app? I wish i could upload pics and stuff. I can get it to work just on the website.

Me too! If you figure it out do tell please!

Holds1325 09-21-2015 08:40 AM

Hello all on this Monday of september!

How is everyone doing these days? I'm on day 67 here and trudging along.

I keep thinking its getting easier or I'm just getting used to all this mess, but either way its not really easy, its more less-difficult.

Does anyone worry too much? I seem to be going through this period of worrying where I'll get one pinned down and won't worry about it, then another one pops up, then another, then another! Then it seems like the only news i hear all day is "oh did you hear about so and so, yeah they passed away.." its like didn't need to hear that!!

Oh well, should be an interesting week, got an appointment this friday to get my thyroid checked, 2 months ago it was normal but I guess they are being cautious!

How are you guys doing?

KeyofC 09-21-2015 09:49 AM

Hey guys! I think the only thing I posted was about wanting to post pics n stuff so I need to just check in!
Things are good with me. It's not an easy battle by no means, but not one I intend to give up on. I have had much more peace and calmness the last little bit.
I am day 63...Holds1325, just thinking about your post. Here's my thoughts on my end:
I have lots of things try to pop up during the day. I don't let it. I tell myself "someone else's problem" (hopefully my HP) and if it really is mine to deal with it'll come back around I guess. I am trying to not worry, stress, and let depression back in. I don't think we are getting used to the mess. Surely I think a lot of it we have come to recognize and deal with what we can. Some of it takes time and it's the little things that don't get recognized by people and well, even ourselves too.
I have to keep things in perspective throughout the day. I have to remind myself how far I have come. It has only been a short while although counting the sober days it feels longer (to me) than the reality of it. In reality I am probably progressing in leaps and bounds, if I stop to think about it. Look at the entire picture. My life was a mess and now it's less than a mess. That's a plus. Relationships..well, what relationships! I now have mended a lot of them to the point we can rebuild trust, love, honesty. They are getting better each day. The face I see in the mirror used to disgust me, now I can look at myself and say "Hey! I am proud of you! Look at you, so full of hope and life!" You folks here on SR, my friends that really care, my family, and my willingness are all the things that have helped me. Even if someone isn't telling me what I want to hear, my rock bottom was horrific (in my eyes). No, I wasn't desolute, I hadn't lost my home, my career, or the material things we judge people as being successful. I had lost so much more. Myself and all the people who love me. This means 100% more than anything else in this world! Having my husband (who knows me better than anyone in the eternity) screaming at me that I am an alcoholic and I have crushed him one too many times and he just can't go on if I don't change, was the absolute most horrifying thing I have ever experienced on such a personal level. I just have to look at the whole thing and recognize even the small achievements add to the entire situation. I am happy for it all!
Ok I have rambled on and on...anyway I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!! ((Hug)) to everyone!

Upwardspiral 09-21-2015 10:38 AM

Hey holds, I'm glad you're hanging in there. Fwiw, I worry too. I always have. I grew up in a financially and emotionally unstable household and I learned to worry from my mom.
I still struggle with money (though not as much since I quit spending it all on booze!) My worrying tends to break down into categories of practical (money, my job security, my health) and the annoyingly unimportant stuff (what people think of me, am I "doing enough"?, will I ever be 100% cool with who I am?, etc.)
All I know is the worrying doesn't feel quite so oppressive sober, I guess because I can tell myself that working on my recovery is one very proactive thing that I am doing to address the core of all my worries (insecurity.) I hope the rest will follow. Take care :)

Holds1325 09-21-2015 11:19 AM

yeah it seems like I get a worry and then it takes WEEKS to get that processed through, its almost as if I'm "grieving" over something its stupid. I was just now getting over a huge worry and then another one starts up.

Sometimes going through this I attribute that to my brain getting re-wired, sort of like, oh does this wire go here? NOPE that was bad! Okay lets try it here, okay that works, great! Next wire!

Hope you are all doing okay staying sober! :)

BringingBackB 09-21-2015 01:45 PM

Hi all

Quick check in from me before I head to bed. Still going during here. My interview went quite well today so I am confident and hoping for some good news :)

Lots of love all
B

Upwardspiral 09-21-2015 02:48 PM

Yay B, I hope you get the job!

I'm getting ready to head to a board meeting for the local bicycle advocacy group I volunteer with. It's very casual, and meets at a bar that serves food. :( I skipped last month's meeting but I feel okay about this one, and we've got a lot of plans to discuss for an upcoming event.
I went to a great AA meeting earlier today. I'll grab a cup of coffee and drink soda water when that runs out. I got this!

letitgo 09-21-2015 03:06 PM

http://i58.tinypic.com/2vdnu5f.jpg

letitgo 09-21-2015 03:10 PM

Thanks Dee that tinypic seems to have worked. The pic is not so tiny though lol.

Dee74 09-21-2015 03:27 PM

:lmao

the preset resizers on Tinypic are pretty good.

320X240 is not a bad size for boards like this :)

letitgo 09-21-2015 07:02 PM

I can relate good days and bad. Went into Monday with positive vibes but i felt anxious and depressed at work. Nothing overly stressful but people dont listen or do the right thing. Its been driving me crazy. The customer is always right even when they are not. I really want a drink and a smoke.

Its a great day to think about minfulness and living in the moment. In reality nothjng major or drastic has occured. I am grateful for an ok day. Nothing that happen would be improve by drinking or smoking. The weather was amazing.

I am a little high strung about the wedding. I feel that i will not fun have unless i drink which is bs. I did many events last year and i was fine. Its just about doing the right thing. I really dont want to go out later with drunk people but i feel required to go to the adter party/bar. I have a hotel room to escape to. I also dont want to be a social downer. It will take time and i will stay as long as i feel comfortable.

Definitely over analyzing things because my brain appears to be working. It will take time to learn how to harness this new energry.
I will probably repost this in a few spots also.

Hope you all are feeling better!

angd1978 09-21-2015 07:04 PM

Just checking in and reading all of your posts! Congrats to everyone, no matter what day you're on. Life is crazy busy, still sick on and off, but I'm still sober.

Upwardspiral 09-21-2015 08:11 PM

Hi Angd, glad you're hanging in there :-)

Beautiful pic Letitgo. I feel for you with the anxiety about this wedding. I'm not sure I could do it. Did you read MIRrecovey's post a few weeks ago entitled "I have to"?
I don't know how to do links on here.
It was a helpful reminder to me to put social obligations into perspective if they might challenge your sobriety. It's a great post.

fantail 09-21-2015 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by letitgo (Post 5567570)
Definitely over analyzing things because my brain appears to be working.

:lmao

Me too! Oh, brains. So useful but such stressful devices.

If you're already dreading the after party, could you maybe arrange something the next day with either the couple or your close friends so that you can skip it without feeling left out? Brunch maybe?

letitgo 09-22-2015 03:12 AM

Its my av acting like a 2 year old. I am gloomy about the party because i am jealous i cant drink.
I could drink but i dont want to. That story never ends well for anyone.
I went to the bar a few weeks ago and had a great sober time. Its the inner alcoholic schizophrenic. I am going to go and have a great time sober. If it gets too much or too late i have my escape plan..thanks fr your support. I will let you all know how it goes. Staying vigilant because this is the same territory i relapsed in last year. Difference this time is knowing i dont want that first drink at all costs.

letitgo 09-22-2015 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Upwardspiral (Post 5567648)
Hi Angd, glad you're hanging in there :-)

Beautiful pic Letitgo. I feel for you with the anxiety about this wedding. I'm not sure I could do it. Did you read MIRrecovey's post a few weeks ago entitled "I have to"?
I don't know how to do links on here.
It was a helpful reminder to me to put social obligations into perspective if they might challenge your sobriety. It's a great post.

MRIrecovery has z lot of grest posts. I did read that one. He made a great point in actuality we dont have to do anything :)