SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2013 Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/294278-class-february-2013-part-7-a.html)

SereneEdition 06-02-2013 02:53 PM

EZ - I saw on another thread that you're down to 175lbs now. Congrats!

How much are you down so far?

Easyrider 06-02-2013 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by SereneEdition (Post 3995699)
EZ - I saw on another thread that you're down to 175lbs now. Congrats!

How much are you down so far?

Thanks! Lost about 25lbs so far. I have a virus and I've been ravenous, so I've put on a few lbs this weekend. Gonna start running at some point.

Dee74 06-02-2013 04:28 PM

good to see you back Odelle :)

D

venuscat 06-02-2013 06:15 PM

Hello and love to you Odelle. No flag needed. Just really glad you're here. ((hug))

1stepup ~ OK. The best way we can help you through this, I think, is to keep you accountable and send you all of our love and strength. As Serene said, one sober day makes all the difference; it is impossible to battle any problems when we are still hungover or half-drunk.

So let's start again...and try and make today a day you can go to sleep sober.

Love you lots,

Venus xx

ub3 06-02-2013 07:26 PM

ok here goes big thankyou venus for reminding me about this thread ive been so far gone i totally forgot it existed...its day one again... ive been going into the chatroom last couple of days ...I had a mental breakdown... but very bad and scary things have happened...Id say im in fear of my life...and am finding life very intolerable and have been feeling suicidal...by an act of providence i can confirm that i will be going into detox on wed so if you dont hear from me i will be their for 3 weeks to stabalise....and hopfully regain my will to live...Just want to thankyou for your support especially venuscat... i will keep you posted...with you in spirit xxx

Dee74 06-02-2013 07:45 PM

good to see you back in the thread too UB :)

D

SereneEdition 06-02-2013 08:01 PM

Hi UB3 - good to hear from you. Let us know how detox goes.

SereneEdition 06-02-2013 08:07 PM

EZ - 25lbs! Keep it up!

Looking forward to getting in shape myself. Have you seen the app Couch to 5K?

Dee - Loved those books (mr. impossible) - haven't seen them in years!

venuscat 06-02-2013 09:34 PM

No Serene.....now we will get the whole series.....ahhhhhhh......Mr Grumpy, Mr Happy....all of them...... :gaah

He He xx

Dee74 06-02-2013 09:42 PM

:lmao

D

liss74 06-03-2013 12:34 AM

Hi everyone sounds like another hard stage for us I've been feeling the same it's good to know I'm not going crazy so hard just get over it but can't keep going and trust the old timers that we must go through this no pain no growth welcome back nice to know we are always welcomed x

Easyrider 06-03-2013 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by SereneEdition (Post 3996123)
EZ - 25lbs! Keep it up!

Looking forward to getting in shape myself. Have you seen the app Couch to 5K?

Dee - Loved those books (mr. impossible) - haven't seen them in years!

Yes I had that app and did the first run. the music is rubbish but I was surprised after just the first run how far I'd ran and felt great about. This was in January, when I had 10 days sober, then I started drinking again. Buh.

I've been toying with the idea of buying one of those nano ipods as a treat to strap to my arm and go running, as well as new trainers obviously. I reckon I've saved £1,000.00 so far, I think I deserve it lol.

Easyrider 06-03-2013 01:16 AM

Welcome back Ub3. Good luck! :o)

ub3 06-03-2013 08:49 AM

What a nightmare... They wont let me in the detox...Its a clinical trial for suboxone and they think im too mentally unstable...I found out today so now things have really just got harder... as per usual nothing works out for me . it just all one big mess day two

venuscat 06-03-2013 05:14 PM

Hang in there UB3.....

You can do this. And we're here ♥

Love V xx

Dee74 06-03-2013 05:18 PM

Try not to get too overwhelmed ub - you still have everything in you that helped you get you sober last time, yeah?

you can do this - time to win, man :)

D

melissa6381 06-03-2013 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First sober birthday today. Spent it shopping, laying by the pool and eating Italian food.

Usually is be worrying all day about having to control my drinking at a birthday party (which I pretty much always failed horribly at) but today I am carefree and feeling good.

Hope everyone is doing well, M.

Attachment 18699

wehav2day 06-03-2013 06:45 PM

venus,pneumonia, yikes!!! get better, lady! don't worry about telling us how you feel, that's what this is all about. if you feel good, share, and we can be happy for you. if you feel cruddy, share, and we will send you get well vibes!

fantail,wow, what a trek! you must be in some awesome shape to be biking down the coast. my buddy did an aids ride from sf to la and trained for most of a year.

1step, ub, odelle,relapse is sooo a part of this disease, and it really bites. you all can come here. no flags, apologies, needed. glad you are back.

1step and ub,things always look horrible when we relapse. like dee said, try not to get overwhelmed with the accumulation of things that are hard, start with one thing. don't drink today. then don't drink tomorrow. then start thinking about some other stuff. we all know by now that drinking more does nothing to improve our situation, no matter where we are. you can do this!

just got back late last night from a really nice weekend with my partner. two weekends in a row, we have gone somewhere and had a great time. good talks, a little difficulty here and there, but things we needed to talk about and deal with. it's not a "poof" and everything is perfect situation, but we are really starting to appreciate each other again. it's been really nice. so the saying goes, "it gets better..."

wehav2day 06-03-2013 06:46 PM

Melissa, happy birthday!!! i'm a june baby too. :-) so glad you are having a wonderful, sober time!

Dee74 06-03-2013 06:54 PM

Happy Birthday Melissa :)

D